It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager faces prosecution for calling Scientology 'cult'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
TheWalkingFox, I know I know, but it just seems so blatant it's like a proverbial smack in the face. I dont think it's a secret anymore that the police are just the errand boys of whoever gives them the most £££

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Quite amusing considering i first looked up the definition of Heretic at about the age of 10.

On a side point, The Cult Of Scientology is a Church!

Er... wait a second...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Agreed.....the CoS IS a cult....a nasty, evil cult!!

Not only a cult....CoS is worse....'they' prey on the weak.....and take all of the money they can....and fight back at all costs, up to and including murder, when necessary.

I'm am thinking many should come forward, in a pro bono fashion, to help this teenager from England.

OK, this will probably get me in trouble, but how is your description any different from most major religions in the world? Any one of them could be defined as cults at different times in history or with the right selection of evidence to support the claim. However, one man's cult is another's religion. To call another religion a cult is not dangerous nor does it incite violence in any way. I don't know what the limitations on freedom of speech are in the UK, but I guess they've got their own police state to worry about.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Scientology is a
cult.
*Two lines baby.

I find it odd that the origin of this is in the UK, since to my knowledge many countries in Europe refuse to recognize it as a religion (France and Germany come to mind.) Don't know about you Brits though.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Threadfall]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Boo, hiss to the prosecution! CofS is a cult. The only thing that reminds me of CofS is an incoherent actor with his two hands wrapped around the neck of a talk show host. Now that's crazy.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I hope the kid gets what he deserves for calling the CHURCH of Scientology a cult! And you know what that is? Doing some hard time in [insert nice vacation spot here].

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I can't imagine that this won't be thrown out of court. I can think of many words to describe scientology but "cult" is simply the nicest, most politically correct word I could use. Perhaps this man should be given an award for using restraint in his speech instead.

This case would not be so unusual if it had happened in Clearwater, FL. but it's surprising to hear of this in London.

An excellent link for any here who want to delve deeper into the CULT of scientology: Operation Clambake
Very informative.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
You know why the CoS gets so upset when people use the word "cult". Because it IS!!!

Take a look at this video. John Sweeney was followed around the whole time he was doing a report about the Church of Scientology. Everywhere he went! What #ing church does that? And when he uses the word "cult" watch what the representative of the Church of Scientology does... he gets very upset!

www.youtube.com...

Here's another disturbing video.

www.youtube.com...

www.xenutv.com... A site that is run by Mark Bunker. Probably the best resource for videos and insight into the Scientology cult. This guy is CoS enemy #1! The cult protests outside his own home! Again, what "religion" does that?

Here is the video where Mark is harrassed by the "cult" outside his home!

video.google.com...

And the only reason why Tom Cruise and other celebs are int eh cult is to try and get some crediablity. Oh if Tom Cruise etc are in the CoS then it must be a respectable religion LMAO! Ya right, that guy is a loon!

Freedom is an illusion! Since when can you not voice your own opinion without being prosecuted for it?

eorge Orwell's book 1984 was right on the money! That book pretty much predicts what the world is becoming!

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever."

[edit on 21-5-2008 by no_pulse]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Teenager faces prosecution for calling Scientology 'cult'

Technically ALL RELIGIONS are cults. By definition. Being brought up for prosecution is stupid. Most likely any first year lawyer can get him off. Then they should bring up on charges whoever brought the teen up on charges. The charge - being an idiot.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The article in the OP stated that the city of london police (not to be confused with the metropolitan police) received thousands in "gifts" from the CofSc.

Couple of phone calls from CofSc to the officer in charge, and hey presto!

Cult signs removed.

They are pretty well known for their heavy handed tactics in the SofSc - but IMO the police should be the ones being investigated.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

Scientology is a cult!

Scientology is a cult!

QFE.

The CPS won't touch this with a barge pole, there would be a public outcry if this young man were to end up in court for stating something that is blatantly FACT. As another poster has pointed out, Sciencultology is (by the strictest definition of the word) a "cult."

The UK could really take a leaf out of *Germany's book and start proceedings to remove this dangerous organisation from our shores.

Now I've said it will I end up in court as well? Will Tom Cruise and John Travolta come kicking my door in? Will L Ron Hubbard make a ghostly appearance at the bottom of my garden and throw poorly written sci-fi at my cat? Eeeek.

*Sources:
BBC: Germany Moves to Ban Scientology

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well folks i live in the uk and i just heard that the kid in question said he made a mistake with the banner that had "scientology is a cult",,apparently he made a spelling mistake and there should have been a "n" where the "L" is in cult.
Now he is getting charge with sexual harrasment,,,,,lol.
Seriously though the uk is getting worse when it comes to free speech,say the wrong thing or speak out about your beliefs then there is always someone here that will want to smack you in the mouth.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
For anyone thats interested...

THIS......
Epic Nose Guy's COURT SUMMONS

...Is the forum where he explains what happened, you can follow the story there.

This IS a wicked injustice, $cientology have been describe by MANY media outlets AND law authorities as "A CULT" so this is TOTAL BS.

QUOTE:
Justice Latey, ruling in the High Court of London:

Scientology is both immoral and socially obnoxious...It is corrupt sinister and dangerous. It is corrupt because it is based on lies and deceit and has its real objective money and power for Mr. Hubbard... It is sinister because it indulges in infamous practices both to its adherents who do not toe the line unquestionably and to those who criticize it or oppose it. It is dangerous because it is out to capture people and to indoctrinate and brainwash them so they become the unquestioning captives and tools of the cult, withdrawn from ordinary thought, living, and relationships with others."

Cheers

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If Scientology was just a cult, I would have no problem with it. But Scientology is a corrupt, abusive and dangerous organization that preys on the vulnerable and viciously exploits its own followers, while attacking anyone that dares to speak about its true nature.

I am sure that the Cult of Scientology is very pleased with itself now it has the police under its influence, it will be considered a first step in a larger campaign.

quote:
"Once the world is Clear - a nation, a state, a city or a village - the Scientology-organization in the area becomes its government! And once this has taken place the only policy accepted as valid is Scientology policy."
- "Future Org Trends," January 9th 1962. By L. Ron Hubbard (Cult founder)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
ahhhhh..............

A nice lad and a peaceful demo with CULT on a sign and the Police are big and brave.

Where were these rough tough brave officers when the racist / insulting / threatening muslims protested in London ??

Oh thats right, one rule for one, another for the other.

As for CoL Police getting 'gifts' from the cult, well thats a sackable offence right there and then for bringing the force into disrepute.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
These people are evil. It is extremely important that the CoS not be allowed to have a victory in this case. They will use it as precedence, a license to run rough-shod all over any and everybody that stands up to them. Enough is enough with these maniacs.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
At the end of these Politically Correct days (that never end) all it boils down to is stupidity, ANY "religion" that charges you large amounts of money to learn its knowledge and truth is a CULT! if all of the religions/spiritual attempts at religion such as scientology have the secrets to life as from prophets said from "GOD" then why charge for it?

Surely all humanity is one, as most religions say, all living beings are God's Children as is said in many or mostly all religions, all one being, all part of same process, so WHY do the few charge the many for secrets and knowledge they believe is sacred and the word of the "holy one" surely knowledge should be free, so if you ever encounted a "religion" that practices false beliefs, money for info, controlled meditation (hypnotherapy) then you cannnnnttt say its a religion, I mean I have studied near every religion and know people in every religion, from bottom ladder to top in some and all boil down to same thing in the end.

Especially given the founders GENIUS quote! "If you want to be rich, start your own Religion" says it all! All Religions have truths, the stories are more philosophies than truths, see the philosophy from the story and then it applies to morals and teachings, basically to not make aware of our cause and effect actions.

I once wrote an article like this according to my beliefs, nearly got sued for that, basically in the press there is LITTLE free speech anymore. Ended up having to stick the articles on my old website. Shocking really! So hope this kid doesnt get ripped over by political correctness, how many times have the other religions sued someone lately?? Sounds like Billy Connelly's the man who sued God... Hope he has a good lawyer because its all stupid. He should sue them for "emotional distress" having sued him for his "youthful insights"...haha

Anyway........
And since when is a WORD...the word being CULT, abusive, threatening or insulting? or corrupt, sinister and dangerous??? wow I am scared having just written the word CULT, HMMM! and for that matter I never really post on boards but I've noticed there people freak out when you type in capitals (yes I know its perceived as shouting) but who cares...Oh wow someones is typing in captials, wow I am offended scary, haha, they hit the caps lock in a violent manner, I must care that they are shouting silently in their head over WORDS! duhhhhh!!! Think about it!

One more thing on my ranting haha
from Guardian "The City of London police came under fire two years ago when it emerged that more than 20 officers, ranging from constable to chief superintendent, had accepted gifts worth thousands of pounds from the Church of Scientology."

"The City of London Chief Superintendent, Kevin Hurley, praised Scientology for "raising the spiritual wealth of society" during the opening
of its headquarters in 2006"

*give your CHARITY to hospitals/charity, build free hospitals in Africa and sponsor free medications for those in need, Build housing for the homeless and build housing in impoverished countries, sponsor disadvantaged children to gain education, open free schools in impoverished countries, open animal sanctuaries and contribute to saving their lives by abolishing the killing of strays.

Do not give money to government run organisations, I have friends in the police force's and they are paid through government which is funded by ALL the Stupid taxes we pay. Makes you wonder the intentions of a "religion" paying off donations to the police, How widely reported was That then???

Sorry for long message but blood is a boiling over this stupidity!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Also another thing should be in papers, just recently two pensioners commited suicide due to residential homes plans to split them up, thats a lifetime of love threatened with splitting in a persons last years together, how cruel, how little reported, and happening every day to pensioners all over the world, the "charity" OR governments could be compassionate there and open and donate their MILLIONS of unused donations and set up co-residential homes for couples who one or both need care but can coexist in the same home. All these taxes and what do we get for it?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Well youve lierally got it. This says for definate that scientology can be classed as a cult. AnyWAY WHATS WRONG WITH BEING A CULT. iTS JUST A NAME

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Is there anyone left out there who cannot yet see how society is at the mercy of big $, (or big lb sterling in this case)?
The CoS has the police in their pocket, to do their bidding, like a service they bought and paid for, and probably a good chunk of the MSM as well.
Its blatant.
It is a slam dunk!
I just can't fathom, with it being so obvious, how we as the general public put up with it. Are we really that impotent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join