It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman Demands Youtube Censorship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Actually, with a bit of common sense, you can see that the Constitution contains its own built-in limitations on any of the Rights...The one & only limitation should be when, during the exercise of your Rights you'd better not be violating the Rights of others.

The government is good at violating the Supreme Law of the Land in the course of violating everyone else's Rights while working as hard as possible to preserve their own Rights...That's the main problem in the USA.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly with PuRe EnErGy and the rest of you freedom fighters out there.

They can create all the illegal barriers to speech they want, but they'll never shut us all up.

The Internet will never be completely censored, everyone will have their voice heard. If YouTube or Goggle Video begin to allow anyone other than their own management to censor them, then they will be replaced by other non-censored companies whose servers exist outside in non-censored lands.

My first modem was 2400 baud (anyone remember the 300's), then 9600 ,14,400 etc. and we had BBS's along with the Usenet (still going strong), then Compuserve and then the World Wide Web. If censorship on the internet becomes the norm we can easily find ways around them.

Seriously though, I call BS.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

I already answered that question in my last question . I can see no reason why the owners of You Tube shouldn't take standard definition of terrorist and terrorism and apply it as needed . There is no need to over complicate things .

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So, he wnats to take away this form us, calling it offensive, terrorist ect.. what about that website that the terrorists gotoall the time? IMgunan find it... supposedly,its where BIn Laden goes all the time....
so, he wnats to take a harmless video store down, and keep the terrorist website active.....interesting indeed.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight

How did we get from censoring youtube to Lieberman having nefarious secret ties with Israel?? A bit of a leap if you ask me. You throw around Neocon pretty loosely, care to define Neocon to me? And please, not the wiki entry. Also, could you please highlight what I assume must be a great many points which have lead you to believe that Lieberman is a neocon?

I explained this on the first page not going to explain the ties again. How I get Lieberman is a neocon in an independent disguise is the fact that he is for wars that are unjust and for censoring anyone who may disagree with his views.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In a international propaganda war such as we are fighting with Bin Laden, it's indicative that we're on the losing end when we have to regulate someone's private business and edit international public information just so the information can't get out there.

We can't counter their efforts with our own propaganda? Wow. Al Qaeda must really know how to win peoples hearts and minds, huh?

When we air drop food and relief supplies to people of other nations and a photograph is shot of a person receiving the food and wearing an Osama Bin Laden shirt ... something, or maybe SOMEONE is wrong ... and it sounds like the world is making up it's mind on who and what it is.

No amount of limitation or regulation is going to fix that Joe Lieberman.

This isn't the photograph that I was speaking of, but it'll suffice for an example.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
OMFG

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Censoring Al Qaida or any other terrorist group on YouTube doesn't mean they'd be censored world wide. There will always be other web sites, outside the control of the United States, from which their videos and point of view could be accessed.

That's why censoring them on YouTube would be pointless and, frankly, incredibly stupid. It very well could have the opposite of the intended effect, especially among youth who always have a strong interest in anything considered "verboten." This could actually result in the videos becoming more popular and more widely viewed.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

I think you're very correct in your statement. I just can't believe that Joe Lieberman, or any other member of Congress would think otherwise.

Is it their intentions to increase the views of these videos? If so, they've done a great job so far ... I can't wait to see them.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is clearly violating are rights as American citizens and going against the principles that the country was founded on. First this then what? Is every body in america going to get locked up who doesn't agree with the powers that be??

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Lieberman has always been pro-censorship. Al Gore had him as a running mate in 2000, Al Gore wife is also pro-censorship. These people are elements of the democratic party that have been influenced by Neo-Cons(that's why Lieberman is an Independent...And I use that term loosely). I'm not surprised by this, but Lieberman needs to know where to draw the line. You can't just censor things because they might be offensive. Lieberman is just a spineless Zionist, neo-con, and hopefully, one day, it will be him with a brain tumor.

(Noting his name starts with Lie)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Agenda dictates readily available information. It's in the best interest of the American people to not be informed of terrorist propaganda.

With an ever-increasing domestic threat list, why would anyone want to view such material. We're only looking out for the people of this country.

By wanting to watch such videos, it's apparent that the general population does not have to ability to make proper choices.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wonder, with all his rhetoric, if Lieberman was one of the very few to view those videos? I'm an avid Youtuber and have never seen any of the "Terrorist" propaganda machine's videos.

Censorship of Free Speech? This is why we need a President who will actually fulfill his oath to "Defend the Constitution."

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Want Al Qaida to stop posting videos of US troops being blown up on YouTube? Simple! Get US troops out of countries they don't belong, and don't leap in to any future wars with countries whose populations don't want what the US is peddling. It's that freakin' simple. If the US talked to Al Qaida before they took up arms, and realised that Al Qaida had some valid grievances, and actually did something about it (like removing US troops from Saudi Arabia, and returning the $50bn SA paid the US for services not rendered), and 9/11 wouldn't have happened. It's that freakin' simple.

Asshats like Lieberman are just making the problem far, far worse.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The freedom the internet gives us a chance to provide the truth to millions of people.

This freedom is viewed as a weapon by the 'people in power'.

What better way to make sure that your 'truth' is the one and only truth? By censoring whatever speaks the real truth of course.

I only hope, that more and more people will awaken as these steps are being taken to silence us. A revolution world wide is coming, it's only a matter of time, and a little bit of luck.

Peace,
FK

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
The freedom the internet gives us a chance to provide the truth to millions of people.

This freedom is viewed as a weapon by the 'people in power'.

What better way to make sure that your 'truth' is the one and only truth? By censoring whatever speaks the real truth of course.

I completely agree. After having several conversations with family, friends and acquaintances, it seems that they developed a trust in MSM that they don't have with alternative sources. It's a shame really, people can't get over the fact that Walter Cronkite isn't now, nor ever was their friend.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What do you expect Lie-berman is a Nazi German posing as a Jewish Liberal.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I honestly love viewing those videos on youtube.
It gives me a chance to talk about how great America is around all of those nut.s. I really pisses them off too, when you insult their faith.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
People like Lieberman have been around since the dawn of history....serious control freaks with classic Freudian repressive neurosis
.....no...really... they are seriously pathological....I came of age in Washington D.C. during the Camelot years and it was like Animal House on steroids back THEN let alone NOW....the inmates took over the asylum a long time ago -

Of course Lieberman FEARS the internet....we tell each other EVERYTHING and some of it is true

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Free speech and or press is essential to a democracy.The clowns in Washingtoon, are there for not running a free state,but a autocrat icy.Imagine that ! The bill of rights and the constitution are now basically toilet paper.I am sure the president will enforce marshal law before the elections,there by guaranteeing him power beyond his 8 year tenor. That's when the real fun will begin.

Peace and Mercy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join