It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman Demands Youtube Censorship

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Lieberman Demands Youtube Censorship

www.infowars.com

Joe Lieberman, senator and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee chairman, wants to censor what you watch on Google and YouTube. Lieberman has sent a letter to Eric Schmidt, Google CEO, accusing the corporation of allowing “offensive material” on its site, namely “videos produced by al-Qaeda and other Islamist terrorist groups.” Joe wants these taken down immediately and demands Google “prevent them from reappearing.” No word if Schmidt has responded, but a letter sent by a bigwig commissar such as Lieberman is nothing to take lightly. Schmidt and his corporate lawyers have likely confabbed.

“Today, Islamist terrorist organizations rely extensively on the Internet to attract supporters and advance their cause. The framework for much of this Internet campaign is described in a bipartisan staff report released last week by the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, which I am privileged to chair, titled Violent Islamist Extremism, the Internet, and the Homegrown Terrorist Threat,” writes Lieberman. “The report explains, in part, how al-Qaeda created and manages a multi-tiered online media operation that produces content intended to enlist followers in countries all over the world, including the United States. Central to this media campaign is the branding of content with an icon or logo to guarantee authenticity that the content was produced by al-Qaeda or allied organizations like al-Qaeda in Iraq, Ansar al-Islam (a.k.a Ansar al-Sunnah) or al-Qaeda in the Land of the Islamic Maghreb.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And here it comes!

I have been reporting on the "Homegrown Terrorist & Violent Radicalization Act" that this maniac Lieberman has been trying to ram through congress, to paint anyone opposed to these monsters crooked agenda's be branded as "terrorists".

Now he's starting the OFFENSE---Trying to ram through censorship of videos that don't fit into he and his henchmen's ultimate agendas of war and control!

Pay very close attention to this story, as this is only the beginning!!

Joe is simply preparing the way for the introduction of the so-called “Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007,” passed in the House by a 404-6 margin and now awaiting action in the Senate. “If passed in the Senate and signed into law by George W. Bush, the act would establish a ten-member National Commission on the Prevention of Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism, to study and propose legislation to address the threat of possible ‘radicalization’ of people legally residing in the US,” writes Matt Renner. “The commission would have very broad powers. It could investigate anyone. It would create a public perception that whoever is being investigated by the Commission must be involved in subversive or illegal activities. It would give the appearance that whoever they are investigating is potentially a traitor or disloyal or a terrorist, even if all they were doing was advocating lawful views,” Renner quotes Odette Wilkens, executive director of the Equal Justice Alliance, a constitutional watchdog group. Rep. Jane Harman, who sponsored the bill in the House, has said the Commission would not only investigate al-Qaeda inspired terrorists, but “gangs” too, as we all know street gangs are basically terrorists at heart.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I love the hypocrisy of these son of guns. Sensor youtube the voice of the common man but they can have their main stream media to get their agendas going. Liberman is a neocon in an independent disguise anyways. Hes been for this nation building the whole time. I wonder what ties to Israel he has.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ah, I see they're getting ready to put another side of the fence up. No surprise here that Lieberman's running the crane.

This is simply another brick in the wall, another step in the journey, another shovel of dirt on the casket. We are being destroyed from within, and the first order of business is to remove our ability to stop it from happening. Internet censorship is necessary, as is some form of gun or ammo control, control of food, public acceptance of governmental actions, and taxation without action to cause it (carbon tax).

Maybe my curiosity is a bit on the morbid side, but I am waiting and watching to see what happens first: the slavery of the American population, or the destruction of America?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow. Just... wow.

I cannot believe they want to censor one of the few remaining free speech zones.

So what if Al-Qaeda also posts on YouTube? Know thy enemy, thats what I often say.

If he's afraid it may be "offensive", then lets do what everyone else does... put a simple warning up stating that it may be offensive to some viewers.

Point of fact: On YouTube, you chose what you watch. It is therefore your own fault if you watch something offensive to you. And your responsibility to look away if you are easily offended.

Too many nations in the past have censored media they deem to deliver a contrary political message from that which they support.
They were not free nations.

Free nations DO NOT censor their public from the outside world. Free nations promote the flow of information and clear, unrestricted understandings of what is going on in the world.

Clearly, Lieberman hates freedom.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
I love the hypocrisy of these son of guns. Sensor youtube the voice of the common man but they can have their main stream media to get their agendas going. Liberman is a neocon in and independent disguise anyways. Hes been for this nation building the whole time. I wonder what ties to Israel he has.

I'm not sure about the actual ties to Israel, but...

Wikipedia - Joe Lieberman

... becoming the first Jewish candidate on a major American political party presidential ticket.

Lieberman has been one of the Senate's strongest advocates for continued prosecution of the Iraq War. He is also a consistent supporter of Israel.

In 2002, Lieberman sponsored a pro-Israel U.S. Senate Resolution (S. Res. 247) regarding the Middle East Conflict, "expressing solidarity with Israel in its constant efforts to fight against terror".[86]

www.rjchq.org...

Senator Joseph Lieberman Moved by Visit to Jewish Agency Absorption Center

Lieberman courts Florida Jewish votes for McCain

Granted, nothing real scathing here, but I believe he is quite cozy with Israel, to say the least.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hmm interesting Rabbit. Not that Im against Israel I just dont feel we need to fight their battles and I find a strange consistency between the dual citizen Israelis and Israeli hardcore supporters in the Administration and the drumbeat for war and drumbeat for silencing any opposition. It seems like they are the same people which is why I ask for those who are wondering. I think we have Israeli spies in our midst and they have an agenda. Call me McCarthy if you want but McCarthy was later vindicated. Just another way to silence the people who question.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I usually don't have a big problem with Lieberman ... but holy cow batman .... this is bad stuff. I'm giving him a major
on this. I understand the homeland security aspect ... but geeeeeeeeze ...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You've got to love the domestic propoganda machine....

no really, you dont have a choice...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You cannot stop us, the internet will prevail..

if those of you who would censor the world around us are reading this.. hear my words... we will fight you.

What has been done in the dark shall come to light.

Be very weary of what you start, we will finish it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Congress gets mad at Google for blocking Chinese dissedents....solution?

Congress gets mad that Google is not also blocking US dissedents......

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Lieberman, McCain, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft...all of these men would have us shred the First Amendment and then laugh while they burn the other 9 components of the Bill of Rights. It's not democracy, it's not honesty, and it's certainly not American. Hopefully we can get these wannabe fascists out of office. Anyone would be preferable, whether it be Barack Obama or Ron Paul or Ralph Nader.

I like to think the American people would revolt before knowingly giving up the civil liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, but sometimes I wonder...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Ok -- since you bring it up... I'm guessing you've seen this, but for the benefit of others...

Dual Citizenship -- Loyal to Whom?

So, you might ask, are there any other dual Israel-American citizens who hold US government positions that could compromise American security? Yes. Consider the following list that I obtained on the web:

And this post, with pics and another link, will shed some more light on your comments, as well...

Global Thought Police: Passages in New Testament are 'Classical Anti-Semitism'

And, as if anyone needs anything further...

Senior Israeli Official: 'Bush Intends to Attack Iran'

[edit on 5/20/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Right Rabit understand something its not all Jewish people obviously its just the Zionists who what some sort of empire. A lot of normal citizens who are Jewish see right through the scheme in fact I think a bunch or orthodox jews went and met the Iranian guy to hear his side. I did see the dual citizen page. Between the censorship and drumbeats of war I am concerned. Top that with our privacy and property rights taken I just dont know what to think anymore.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
They want to censor everything. If they control the information, they control us. They can tell us what to think and we will have little choice but to believe their lies because we will no longer have the freedom to find things out for ourselves. There will be no freedom of information, no freedom of the press, and no freedom of assembly. We will have a choice: either work for them or be put away where we will be forced to work for them anyway. And if you're really unruly, you'll just disappear.

I believe that we can fight back, but it has to be more than just a few voices. We have to get loud and obnoxious about it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes sir... I agree we are not talking all Jewish people and we are not talking about all Israelis; that is the 'cover' so to speak... the sheild to hide behind... I mean, god forbid anyone speak poorly of the Jews, oy vey!!

Ironically, the guy most likely getting the LP nomination over the coming weekend and getting my vote for Pres. in Nov. is Jewish.

So poo-poo to all you wanting to label me anti-semite. (Not to you, mbu... I know you understand).

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser

So poo-poo to all you wanting to label me anti-semite. (Not to you, mbu... I know you understand).

WHY U ANTI SEMITE HOW DARE YOU SAY THE THINGS YOU SAY!!!!

You voting Barr huh? Not going to write in Ron Paul? I think McCain and Lieberman will be on the same ticket. I doubt Huckabee will make it even though I do like Huckabee but regardless Im voting RP. He is the one for real change maybe even Barr I dont know enough about him.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here's You Tubes response to the sensoring....

We appreciate Senator Lieberman alerting us to videos that violated our policies -- and encourage our users to continue to do the same through the flagging tool. And while we disagree with him about the details of our policies, we respect his views and thank him for giving us the chance to respond to his concerns.

source;
googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com...

Whose your dady now?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh boy...

Lieberman is a real pro-war neo-con that wore the suit of Democrat until it became clear that he really wasn't. His true allegiance, like this administrations is with Israel and her machinations not the welfare of the people of the United States. Slowly all of the supporters here in the States that defend these sort of men that want to roll back our rights under the guise of terror-protection are going to FINALLY catch up to the rest of us on what their agenda really is.

Sadly though it will be when it is so obvious that we are all bunched together out in the cold.

Youtube gives us the opportunity to bust them on their lies with actual video proof of their crimes. So of course they want that gone...at the same time New York is working on removing our right to film the city with a damn camcorder.

Fishy?

- Lee

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Boy, I sure hope you're wrong about McInsane and Liebermaniac. That would be like a sure-fire ticket right into WWIII under those two war-mongers. Both of those guys are nuts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join