It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an alien

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi there folks,

I am new here, suppose I am bit of an alien to you, being from Europe (the Netherlands, in case some of you know where that is). So English is not my native language, so I apologize for any mistakes.

I have been reading a lot already here and it's very interesting. I have eben hanging around on www.niburu.nl but ATS is much bigger (like everthing in the US, right

I have a special interest in the paranormal, lost civilisations, ufo's and religion. Hope to learn from your insights and share my own here.

Speak to ya later!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Welcome,

There are loads of Europeans here - we're the ones who spell correctly and are calm and considered at all times...:-p

I know for a fact that we have other dutch members so you ain't alone.

Hope you enjoy yourself here and don't worry about English being a second language, you already make more sense that a lot of native English speakers I come across on ATS.

Peace,

MSP

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by leapoffaith
I have been reading a lot already here and it's very interesting. I have eben >SNIP<

Freudian slip?

It's a Serpo thing. You would've had to be here.

Anyway, welcome to ATS. I think one of the coolest things about the site is the international flavor. You have the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world, and that's a great thing.

Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask anyone if there's something we can do to help you out.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Please don't go Serpo. That one almost made me a raving lunatic.

I'm glad to meet you leapoffaith. I notice you have already been participating in threads. Good for you!

Welcome to ATS. Enjoy your stay!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by leapoffaith

Welcome to ATS leapoffaith.

No, you are not alien to us. The aliens we speak about are green, grey, or lizard like in appearance. Just kidding.

The USA is known as the melting pot of the world with many people of other countries. You will fit in nicely on this board.

Have fun and enjoy.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by leapoffaith

Hey leapoffaith,

Welcome to ATS

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You're not an alien! You're a liar! I hate you!

I'm just kidding. Welcome to ATS, Adult Training Simulations. I will be your host for the next week. Oh yes... romance on the horizon, those netherland girls are foxy cleopatra!

I'm kidding again. I'm just too funny today.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

There are loads of Europeans here - we're the ones who spell correctly and are calm and considered at all times...:-p

Well, we are certainly trying our best... :-)

Is too indiscreet of me to ask where in the NL do you live, Leapoffaith?

(No special reason at all - just being idly curious. Although we have been mentioning Scheveningen in the past few days... Not that it was anything terribly important.)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
First of all: thanks for the welcome everybody!
I am glad that I am not the only one from Europe here!

I live near Leiden, why??

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Are you a lord of the rings fan leap? I hate those movies!

welcome home.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Why do you ask?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

American humor I presume ?

Ok, since you offered to be my host maybe you can explain to me how I know when somebody replied to something I wrote. How do I get notified by ATS?

Knowing me I am going to post so much that I probably get lost when there's no system.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We are all aliens in a strange land when you think about it. Live long and prosper. Welcome to ATS.
John
There is a system. It may not be apparent at first. Be patient and give it some time.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Thank you John.
I love your avatar!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
pretty elf lady, very perceptive.
I am american...

anyway, in the link bar: home. stats, feed, hot, top, board, recent posts, etc etc, there's a link that says myATS. it's not located on the home page, but if you click recent posts, or board, there it appears: myATS. If you click on that on the right hand side it'll show all your thread activities with who posted last.

hope this helps.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thank you dear, you like women with pointy ears?

So, you are american and highly likely male I guess, and under 30 years of age?

What about the flags, what does it mean if there is a flag near a thread?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hi leapofaith. When you come across a post you find particulary compelling flag and star it. Or star a thread you find good. This gives the authors kudos.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
John, thanx but what on earth are kudos????

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Lol...kudos is a regal way of saying 'atta boy' or a kindly slap on the back for a job well done.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Lol...kudos is a regal way of saying 'atta boy' or a kindly slap on the back for a job well done.

Ah, I see..

You must be a very patient person

top topics

<<   2 >>

join