It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgrace ref Donaghy calls NBA a sham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think this is kind of old news. For long I have suspected that the NBA is rigg somehow or that refs have a lot to do in the outcome of games, even betting lines in Vegas take into account what particular ref is in a game.

This is something I will bet on, Celtics and Lakers in the finals

m.espn.go.com...

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Bunch]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
yea, the NBA has got issues....

I think it all starts at the top, with David Stern...

There are more then a few REAL big conpiricay stories surrounding him... The Seatle situation the biggest...

I think more then most of the refs are good guys... but who knows...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think Stern has completely let things get out of control. Not that he should be able to "control" things, in fact I think that is what has led to the downfall of the NBA as a viable passtime. Basketball is the hardest sport to ref, which makes it nearly impossible to hold the refs accountable for horrible calls. An instant replay rule for certain situations would most assuredly make things better, but I guess there are arguments against it that I don't see. As a completely cynical fan, I think Donaghy is just the tip of the iceburg, but unfortunately like many things in life I believe in I lack the evidence to back that up. They are going to do their best to sweep this under the carpet, and I hope they do, as perceived integrity in the game is very important to its vitality. Hopefully this will lead to good changes that take the refs out of deciding the final outcome of the game but I hate to be optimistic. Of course their is manipulation in everything but unfortunately it's hard to go beyond mere speculation, unless my plan to infiltrate and expose ever comes to pass.

join