It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The oil crisis is a LIE!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think the oil crisis can be fixed but politicians are bought and paid for by big oil.

They all give us the line about investing in alternative fuel but we have the technology to change things right now while we are investing.

We have hybrid, eletric, air pressure and ethanol cars.

We can tell auto manufacturers and dealers that they will get a tax free holiday if they make half of their inventory hybrid, electric, air pressure or ethanol cars.

We have this technology right now, it's just most politicians are bought by big oil and the line they use now is we need to invest for the "future" instead of taking action now. You even see this same line coming from oil companies in their commercials.

Telsa Roadster electric car
youtube.com...

Electric car rally
youtube.com...

Air Pressure Cars
youtube.com...

Ethanol cars
youtube.com...

Many have seen the hybrids out there.

My point is, we can began to make these transitions as we speak. Sadly, big oil runs Washington and politicians in both parties. This is why Americans need to break the two party system.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You failed to acknowledge that although the western world and perhaps the eastern possess the technology which gives them the capability to generate renewable electricity which might give them the means to sustain a world without Oil, others countries, like those in the Middle-east, Africa, South America and others do not.

Just because we look like we're in the clear doesn't mean everyone else is, pal.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
why are people still using thier money to buy oil guzzlers? why people not buying hybrids cars solely. Politicians only reflect what they think people want, If people lead then politicians will follow, they are to serve the public interest so to keep thier positions. The problem is not politicians, the public is the problem because the public does not care about the enviroment until the earth is dead and people dont any alternatives,
i think the problem will persist.

As a member of the public i will also argue and state a case for the plubic.

As creatures driven by instinct, our most basic ones have the strongest drive, short term survival, air , food , water , reproduction and shelter.
Our priorities are mainly based on short term survival like putting food on the table for ourselves and our children, having children to ensure the species live on, this is what sets the agenda for society, not the long term survival of the planet. We also dont live very long so long term consequences of our actions are not witnessed or suffered by the person or people who commit the offence. The generations to come will suffer our
present disregard for the earth.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Actually I believe we are having the "Oil Crisis" because Big Oil realizes thier time is gonna come, because of vehicles like in the OP.

It's Big Oils Crisis, they are bleeding everything they can while they can.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What Anti-Tyrant????

This is the thinking that allows oil companies to pretty much run Washington.

Let me explain economics for you.

If you have 50 items and 70 people want those items, then you can inflate the price of the items. If only 20 people want the 50 items, you have to deflate the price in order to attract more buyers. It's called supply and demand.

So why is the price of oil going up? It's because demand has increased and OPEC will not increase production. So you have demand and not increasing production will cause the prices to inflate.

So the Republicans want more production by drilling in ANWR and the democrats want less production so prices will go so high people will be tired of driving their cars and begin riding there bikes to work.

So when both parties talk about investing in future technologies for alternative fuel it's a big lie. BP commercials say the same thing. These things are available now and we don't have to wait until sometime in the future.

If we do this, the price of oil will come down because demand will decrease.

Big Oil invests in these things so they can own the patents and then sit on the technology. Check out the documentary, Who Killed the Electric Car?
youtube.com...

Check out Telsa Motors

www.teslamotors.com...

Other countries will eventually follow are lead but we have to lead first.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by polomontana]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Erm... What?

I was saying that the rest of the world probably won't be able to bring in the technological reform that the western world will, and as such those nations that don't are probably going to end up fighting each other for oil.

I don't get where you thought of the "This is what allows western corporations to run washington" line you fed me.

You don't need to explain economics either.

Pay attention to what people say, because otherwise all you are doing is acting a fool.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Seriously, i'm quite offended by the level of ignorance you seem to have associated me with.

Go and sit in the corner.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

Come on, I hate having to be the one who always calls B.S., but this is absolutely obsurd! Report after report consistantly shows that the amount of oil up there in the ANWR @ full supply for our nation would at best get us past a year and half and at worst only supply us with 6 mos. Of course we know that it would supplement our supply, and so it would ease just a tad bit of pressure on things, but to say the Democrats want everyone to ride bicycles is more than intellectually dishonest. We all know who the real tyrants are and they are all up there on capital hill in a little house painted white!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This whole image of supply and demand is just what the oil companies WANT you to believe. How many stories have they told about why the price of gasoline is hitting record levels. First it was Katrina, then it was refineries being shut down for maintenance and explosions and what not. Then they say it was because China (current gas price is $1.48 a gal) is consuming much more than they used to, then they say that they cannot refine gasoline fast enough to keep up with demand. Finally, they are saying it is an oil shortage. Dubya is even asking that OPEC supply more. WHY? I thought they could not refine the oil? Record profits and NO reason. The government is going to break us all and the big oil companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Has anybody ever thought that the Oil crisis is to fund the war and the war to come. It seem's that America is broke what better way to afford the Iraq war and the to be Iran war. I don't think America is going to quit in the middle east untill we(America) run's the middle east. I don't think America want's China or Russia to run the middle east. Just my thought.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
no

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
However much you want it to be, the truth is NOT on YouTube.

new topics

top topics

join