It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Kennedy Has A Brain Tumor...Doctors say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Agreed. Thought I was the only one. Everybody on ATS talks about "oh this guy's gonna roast in hell and that guys deserves to catch the package and rot to death", but when a NWO stooge is actually removed from the scene then it's hand wringing time. It's going to get a lot uglier than brain cancer people unfortunately.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud
If this were a thread about politics, I would be in agreement with you. But when someone is diagnosed with a potentially life-threatening condition, I cannot kick them while they're down.

To put things in perspective here, I jumped for joy when Saddam Hussein was overthrown, and shouted for joy when he was captured like a rat in a cage. There would be no more of the evil deeds he had wrought on innocent others. I was even elated when he was sentenced to death.

But I prayed for his soul before he was hung.

You can hate the deeds without hating the doer. Ted Kennedy at this moment is not a Senator as far as I am concerned. He cannot hurt me right now. He is a man in need of prayer and help. I'm not a doctor, but I can pray. And so I will.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Well said. It's tough to keep emotions in check when it comes to this individual. His soul will be judged, as will all of ours.

Mod Edit: Entire quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
lets have some respect. The man deserves it.

I said I didn't wish him ill.

I thought I was being respectful and charitable. Basically what I said was that he's not doing well. I hope he uses the time left in a constructive manner.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hey FlyersFan,

How'd you like the Flyers getting pummeled on Sunday by the Penns?

GO PENNS!!!!

Flyers fizzle, losing to Penguins 6-0

abclocal.go.com.../sports&id=6150399

On topic:

I didn't take your post as being disrespectful either.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

It a shame that we have to knock the sick in this way. Since you mention he's no good, and gets whats desrved, if we are going to condemn politicians, let me be the first to say there are many others who deserve much worse. isnt that horrible of me to say?????

There, now i'm on YOUR Level.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
How'd you like the Flyers getting pummeled on Sunday by the Penns?

That was beyond sickening. It was just heartbreaking.
Side note - Fluery is our favorite NHL goalie. I saw him when he was 18
and I KNEW that he was a future Hall of Famer.

(He handed a game puck to my daughter on her birthday one year - nice guy)

ON TOPIC - The TV news is all chattering away about this. CNN had a doctor on - a very skilled doctor with this type of cancer as a specialty. Basically no one is saying what the prognosis is. Just that radiation and chemo is going to be needed. It'll be tough on the guy. He's not young and he's not in good shape.

I prayed a rosary for him today.
Hope it helps spiritually as well as physically.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I wish the Kennedy's all the best. I disagree with Teddy in his politics, but I hope he recovers to the point where he can enjoy what time he has left. To miss his memoirs in a book would be a great loss, imo.

That being said, I hope that people can learn to be sensitive to tragedy, no matter what their politics are. As someone said, if this were Cheney, corks would be popping. Makes me sick, the immaturity.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
It's a good thing he's on the public payroll with Government health coverage that can pay 100% for his treatment of this serious disease. Not some working stiff that isn't covered by any medical coverage, or has a monthly premium that eat into what was once the food allowance that, since gas prices have reached historic levels, one has to choose between food or driving to work.

He can rest easy with that thought.....

While I wish him well, my father had the same thing, also discovered when he had a seizure. Maybe treatments are better now. And Senator Kennedy will get the best treatment available through the socialized medicine he and the other members of Congress enjoy. Unlike many taxpayers who pay for it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This just proves that nature is the great equalizer.Ones status evaporates when death knocks at your door.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
And Senator Kennedy will get the best treatment available through the socialized medicine he and the other members of Congress enjoy. Unlike many taxpayers who pay for it.

You do realize that government workers also pay taxes?

Yes, our taxes pay their salaries but they also pay taxes on those salaries. And they also have to pay for their health insurance just like the rest of us.

As much as I feel they get a free ride in other things, this I know about. Government employees pay for their health care the same way we do. They have the same policies (actually mine's better
).

[edit on 5/20/2008 by Griff]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry but 40,000 Chinese people are dead and 60,000+ Myanmar citizens are dead...I don't feel bad for this man...This man had everything handed to him and made horrible decisions in life. Put your attention on the hundred thousand + people who died in the past few months from natural disasters...not this man...He'll get a huge funeral and he has the best medicine that money can buy WHILE he lays in a hospital bed surrounded by doctors..People are starving, dying, and some even are still trapped under rubble...They're dying as I'm typing this...I just don't understand the way that some of you think....honestly

[edit on 5/20/2008 by PimpyMcgibbins]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

Tumor has been ruled inoperable. I just wish he would have followed in the footsteps of his brothers.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I never liked the guy and i believe he is one of the many politicians that screwed over this country but...

this news sucks.

I have seen people fight and die of cancer and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It is very hard for me to say but I wish him the best.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins
I am well aware of the situation you describe. Sympathy and empathy are not a rationed commodity as far as I am concerned.

In other words, feeling sympathy for Sen. Kennedy does not reduce the sympathy I feel for the disaster victims in the East.

I am truly sorry you must ration your sympathy.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
my prayers go out to Ted and his familiy,it's odd that he gets ill right when he is fighting the Bush/neocon agenda..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have a question?

Why does it take something HORRIBLE happening to someone before another person will pray for them? Why weren't y'all praying for them as they were in Senate Chambers voting on laws that have changed the way you live your life over the past few years? And why just pray for one or two senators? Why not pray over the whole bloody three-ring-circus that is our gov't structure?

Why does it take a cyclone flooding out one country, an earthquake bringing another to it's knees, before we offer up prayers for the people of that place? Why not pray for them when some of those same countries are sending us tainted food and poisoned toys?

Opening up your bible and reading it, getting on your knees and praying over all of it and more, will do more good towards solving the worlds problems then b!tch!ng and moaning about it in a forum.

On the subject of Ted Kennedy, yeah what ever. IMO having him a brain tumor explains alot of things. He'll have what he needs to the end, don't worry about ol' boy. That group takes care of it's own, you better believe that.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I saw on the news that Senator Kennedy's tomor is a Glioma type of brain tumor...does anyone know specifically what type of glioma? I know there are different types of gliomas...such as an oligodendroglioma, which is a rare, fast-growing malignant tumor. (I have a good friend diagnosed with an oligodendroglioma last fall and it's tragic).

[edit on 20-5-2008 by xtradimensions]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by FlyersFan

FF, he's an American icon. The most respected member in the US senate.
He has served this country all his life.
Everyone knows he's not a monk. He's lived, drank, loved, had accidents, etc, but lets have some respect. The man deserves it.

I will offer respect and good wishes to Kennedy - because he's your senator and more importantly a human being that does not deserve to go throught this. I've heard from people close to me what this disease can be like and would not wish it on anyone.

If anyone believes in the power of prayer and can overlook politics, etc. at a time like this, now is the time.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sorry, I just cannot find it in me to feel bad for this man. He walked away from a young woman drowning, didnt stop to try to call help, and then tried to act as if it never happened. All the while the wagons are being circled to protect this rich boy.

I remember when this happened, I was six at the time and remember my fathers outrage over the incident...It had a tremendous impact on me and my thinking about class structure within our society. I carry those same feeling with me 39yrs later.

If he had not been a Kennedy, he would have gone to jail for a long time.

I say his punishment is at hand, what the courts did not do to this man, I hope GOD makes up for...

he treated this girl(Mary Jo Kopechne) as if she had never existed...wrote her off.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by deadbang]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join