It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Kennedy Has A Brain Tumor...Doctors say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well, i am sorry to report this. News is just breaking now.

I hope they can help him at Mass General.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't wish ill on anyone. I just hope that this near-brush is making him take another look at his life and his decisions. God has given him some time to repent before He calls Kennedy to judgement. I hope Kennedy sees this and uses the time wisely.

Eternity is knocking ....

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Further news says its cancerous. Malignant and one that tends to spread fast.

He is walking and talking- but this is not a good cancer to have,its one of the worst. According to MSNBC, this type is fatal for the most part.

I pray for him and his family.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If something happens i do hope that Joe Kennedy can take his senate seat.

He's a wonderful person, same values, a good family man, not known for anything detrimental, and i have come in contact with him many times in the past. Always wonderful!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes, brain cancer is serious. But I have known people who did survive, amazing as it sounds. That would explain the seizures.

This feels like the end of an era. I hope he is able to retain his dignity while ill, it's so sad.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
At his age, a malignant brain tumor must have a very poor prognosis, but I hear it depends on the type of cancer and I would assume Kennedy's general health, as well.

However, Arlen Specter is no spring chicken and he's been battling Hodgkin's disease for quite some time, which was in remission for a while.

www.cnn.com...

Specter's cancer has recently returned, however.

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 2008/5/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FF, he's an American icon. The most respected member in the US senate.
He has served this country all his life.
Everyone knows he's not a monk. He's lived, drank, loved, had accidents, etc, but lets have some respect. The man deserves it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Nepotism is not quite moral in a democracy...

Sad news about Ed Kennedy's malignant tumour though. With gliadel wafer treatment he could perhaps still look forward to five more years of life.

It all depends on where exactly in his brain the tumour is, and if it has already metastasised then the outlook is bleak.

Edit: got the wrong Kennedy

[edit on 20-5-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's a good thing he's on the public payroll with Government health coverage that can pay 100% for his treatment of this serious disease. Not some working stiff that isn't covered by any medical coverage, or has a monthly premium that eat into what was once the food allowance that, since gas prices have reached historic levels, one has to choose between food or driving to work.

He can rest easy with that thought.....

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

i vote against that action... its at least a temporary end to the kennedy dynasty... let that family rest for a generation or two.

Why doesn't Chelsea Clinton move to Mass. right quick ??
She could get the temporary Senate seat for the rest of T Kennedys' term... sorta like OJT (on the job training)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Joe Kennedy has publicly stated that he is interested in Hillary's seat (no pun intended) should she be elected president.

If Joe is interested in his uncle's seat, then he's going to have to move to Mass., because I don't think you can qualify for a Senate seat in two states simultaneously.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
It's a good thing he's on the public payroll with Government health coverage that can pay 100% for his treatment of this serious disease.

Kennedy doesn't need health insurance, although I'm sure he has plenty, even beyond his government plan, if necessary, so I don't think that luck is an issue here.

I doubt if the senator is feeling lucky at this moment.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Well he's always here in Cape cod- i assume he lives here?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
It's a good thing he's on the public payroll with Government health coverage that can pay 100% for his treatment of this serious disease.

I just have to say something here. Government health care is the same health care that us working stiffs have (if we have it). My bf works for the state department and I the private sector. Guess who's health coverage is actually better?

Yup. Mine.

On topic. This makes two people that I know (in the case of Ted, know of) that have brain tumors in the last week. My friend Bill is in GW hospital right now recovering from the surgery. He's doing ok for now, but the prognosis isn't good.

Good luck Ted and Bill.

I hate to make a joke but laughter is the best medicine they say.

I hope Bill & Ted have an "excellent adventure" when all is said and done.

On a serious note: My prayers go out for both.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

My mistake. I read that about Robert Kennedy, Jr.

Joe Kennedy might very well be interested in the post.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Not to be callous in any way because cancer is tragic to anyone affected, BUT
karma always will find you no matter who you are. I don't see massive news coverage for Mary Jo Kopechne .

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Every elderly person will fall victim to some catastrophic disease and die, if they aren't killed by something else first.

The same holds true for every person on earth regardless of his age, young or old.

It will happen to you. It will happen to me.

I'm not going to debate karma, but karma really isn't relevant to the current situation.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is sad news. I had been trying to keep up with his condition while on the road, but last night's USA Today reported that they knew nothing so far. Regardless of policy issues, the man is a man and deserves all our hopes for the best. Not to mention, should he be forced to give up that Senate seat, it will change politics in the USA. I think we've got enough on our plate right now concerning that.

Thanks for the heads up, and I do hope that there is something that can be done. I think (and hope) it's a bit early to put his Senate seat up for auction.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Every elderly person will fall victim to some catastrophic disease and die, if they aren't killed by something else first.

The same holds true for every person on earth regardless of his age, young or old.

It will happen to you. It will happen to me.

I'm not going to debate karma, but karma really isn't relevant to the current situation.

Eh, thats your opinion and somewhat mine. I knew I would catch some flak for this, but if it was Dick Cheney you would hear the champagne corks popping (rightfully so). Just saying I'm not going to loose any sleep over this. The guy's a murderer and a NWO puppet.

Karma's real and cancer sucks.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't wish cancer on anybody at any time, but this man is not an American Icon!
He's a murderer, a drunk, liberal wind bag, selfish, piece of poo! The man should be in prison. He's worthless.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join