It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOOK REVIEW: Dark Mission: The secret history of NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The books written by Richard Hoagland and Mike Barra.

ISBN NO: 978-1-932595-26-0

# Note I am not in any way shape or form any thing to do with the authors, just a keen reader#

Right, where to start.

The book is mind bending, an absolute eye opener for any one who has even the slightest interest in the possibility that we may have been having the wool pulled over our eyes by NASA in relation to the moon, mars, and the rest of the solar system in both its make up and workings, and above all the important fact that we may have on the moon and mars the ancient relics of a very advanced alien or pre-history human civilisation that spread across the solar system and its moons and planets.

It has in its pages many great pictures of weird and possibly alien artifacts on both mars and the moon, along with alot of great in depth information about how and why they started this project and collated the information.

Also within it is a very startling view that masonic / Nazi cabale using ancient egyptian religious workings may be behind the keeping of such a dark secret from the rest of humanity.
Add to the mix the strange account of a former nasa astronaut on the popular TV show 'Frasier', and another strange occourence with a former astronaut refusing to acknowledge praise from president george W Bush, and the plot really does seem to have a very valid angle of investigation.

Filled with subterfuge, deciet and lies from officials desperate to keep the said authors from investigating, the blocks placed in their paths are amazing and at times criminal.

A great book, filled with loads of stuff to make you go 'ships, we may actually have a slice of the real truth in our hands' when you read it.

Hope this makes others read it and add to this thread with their thoughts as well.

Cheers folks, Daniel.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Do you have any criticisms to add? I might pick it up one of these days but I haven't been wowed by the reviews. Anyone else read this?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Actually yes I do.

The author relies heavily on the fact that the people who are interested in the topic will have a good understanding of arcane topics as a whole, and a grasp of physics that may make some people skip read some parts as it can make heavy reading.

However, as I have both I enjoyed the book.

Hope that answers your question.

Daniel.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Someone gave it to me for Christmas this year...I started it and haven't been able to finish it for some reason....one of the reasons is the reason Dantana states above, Hoagland assumes that the audience is already way up on the topic...

Some of the photos Hoagland's pointing at that mimic civilization patterns on Mars, ie patches of ruins of cities, streets etc...I have seen disproved to my satisfaction on a lot of threads here on ATS...where if you magnify a picture of mars, the pixilation forms these same patterns...do I think Hoagland doesn't know that? I have no clue. I do think that when you write a book and make claims with pictures like that, you'd better first RULE out everything before you make claims like that.

The history of NASA being put together from Nazi scientists I found interesting, I never knew that...and I do believe that NASA covers up or just doesn't let the public know about 99% of what's really going on.

I guess since finding ATS and reading about Hoagland and his claims etc, it took a little bit out of the thrill of the book for me.

join