It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hybrid Seeds, John Titor and the whole Schmamboozle!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
GROW YOUR OWN FOOD!

I purchased a remote 10 acres for next to nothing, and I'm going to farm it.

How much do we waste, on letting other people grow our food?? Think about the diesel spent getting that cucumber/onion/potato to your grocery store, that has to spend more energy keeping that produce fresh until you buy it, to put into your fridge, to keep it fresh until you cook it?

How much is a clove of garlic? You can grow the stuff in a bucket on a window sill, and have more than enough. Yumm, I love garlic.

Same with onion, potatoes. How about tomatoes. Their easy to grown

WARNING.

Do not use hybrid seeds. You know, the kind that accept round-up.

Take your chance that the plant may get infected, before using that.

Once we lose natural seeds, we are DONE>

Titor warned that the genetic modification of food to create hybrid seeds will have deleterious effects. The common American diet of commercially-prepared food has serious health risks that are currently unrecognized.
Yes, genetic engineering is used but it's like any other technology. It can be good and bad. One thing we did not do was create more hybrid seeds. What are people thinking? You willfully eat poisoned food It's very hard for me to find food here. It all scares the Hell out of me. I am amazed at the risks people here are willing to take with processed food. All of the food I eat here is grown and prepared by my family or myself.

www.experiencefestival.com...

Now whether you believe in John Titor or not, the prediction was pretty profound, coming from the year 2000.

Again, to win against the NWO, we must, GROW OUR OWN FOOD, using natural methods, and natural seeds, on an individual basis.

We start doing that, then we can get to discussing the meats.

More local farming, less giant industry controlling our food.

Big concept take little steps.

Plant a seed today.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hybrids will reproduce, but you'll get a slightly different plant.

For example, an Early Girl tomato will grow just fine, taste the same, but take a little longer to grow.

I'v had Early Girls come up in the garden as volunteers from the previous year.
Quality was the same, but I didn't note the additional time if in fact it did take longer.

The hybrid seed limitation comments are advertising from the seed companies to encourage you to buy this years seeds.

More information on hybrids here: gardening.about.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

Thanks for your input.

I'd be willing to bet my last tomato that they aren't putting hybrid seeds in the Doomsday Vault.
clubconspiracy.com...

Why? Because they are sterile. The regeneration lasts for about 7 yrs, then poof!

I'd say we have about 2 yrs food left.

Grow your own food. It's fun!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

I grow my own garden, it's really not that much work, and the rewards are wonderful.

This year, I already have so many beans and peas that I have started to put some up in the freezer for later use.

I live in a rural area, and quite a few people have gardens for just their own personal use, as well as commercial.

What is nice is that people even share seeds. My neighbor gave us seed potatoes since he had extra, and another gave us field pea seeds. Another fellow that stops by our county store brought us onion sets.

We all swap extra produce.

For people that don't have a garden, the local seed store owner (he only sells heirloom seeds) brings his extra produce to his store to sell.

This morning we visited and he had yellow crook neck squash, and red potatoes for just .50 cents a pound each!

Even before I moved to where I am, and while living in Arizona in an apartment, I always had a container garden of herbs and some vegetables. All it takes is a little creativity to turn a childs portable swimming pool into a nice little garden!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Now that's what I'm talking about. Thank you!

The rewards are much more than just food supply.

We are meant to grow things. It's in our nature.

If we don't, we lose an important part of ourselves.

Plant a seed.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
By the way, something I forgot.

If at all possible, protect your plants from the atmosphere.

I just counted 15 planes leaving chemtrails in the atmosphere.

And there were at least 20 trails already left, and they are currently
spraying more.

My eyes are burning, I feel kinda queezy, and the air is a thick haze,

and I live in a little town at 7000 ft plus! Uhhggg. This has GOT to stop...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I would be interested in price/acre, state and contact info. I would like to buy property that is cheap as well.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For all those interested in gardening, check out the following threads:

Lessons Learned From a Backyard Garden
The Tomato Triangle Experiment

Its good to see that a lot of people are actually growing their own food, no matter if they believe in Titor or not.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I just found this interesting video.

It's a lost method of drip irrigation.

Important for those of us in arid regions.

BlackProjects.

Ebay; Colorado Land.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I love gardening and digging in the soil. I get so excited when the little plants start coming up. I've planted lots of flowers that are drought-resistant and perennial, so that I never have to do anything to them, they just come back year after year.

There is a wonderful heirloom seed company, called (oddly enough!) Heirloom Seed Company. They are owned by Mennonites, so the seeds are pesticide-free and all grown by hand, with love. They're inexpensive and they always give you a free packet of flower seeds as well, shipping is either nothing or very low cost.

There are lots of local heirloom varieties in each area, if you check with an older person who gardens, they may have some extra seeds, also don't forget seed exchange sites on the web. Another plus, the food actually tastes like food not cardboard. We've been eating our home-grown spinach for a month now, I just pick it right out of the garden and make a salad. What could be healthier?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm doing a fully hydroponic greenhouse this year. Hoping I can keep it warm enough to grow through the Colorado winter. Hydroponics allows me to grow much more, in a much smaller space, with higher yields per plant. Pests are much less of a problem, and I don't worry about losing an entire crop to a nasty hail storm. Time to harvest is also significantly faster, and the work load is about 10 percent of soil growing. The biggest caveat, is that if a pump fails, or I lose power to the greenhouse, things start dying in a hurry. My solution at this point is to make the entire greenhouse self sufficient with it's own solar power.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't know about John Titor, but I have a large supply of non-hybrid seeds in my basement if I ever have to fully rely on grown food. As it is there's generally some tomato plants in my yard, but this summer I'm planning on growing a lot more.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here's some excellent information on saving tomato seeds.

More to it than I thought.

gardening.about.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just some "food for thought", but who is to say that out food supplies, both vegetables plus fruits and meats, have not been genetically modified unnaturally prior to the last decade?

Past government reports have shown an interest in such, publically since the 80s. There is no way of knowing what has or has not been modified, unless the provider can specifically garuntee a true organic history of the products raising.

Growth hormone, and immunizaions are also unnatural means of genetic modification, not as direct as gene spliceing and recodeing, but it factors in on the offspring.

The only way to really know, would be to compare gene codes from the early 18 and 19 hundreds. Maybe Omish farmers will have pure breed crops and cattles, but then where did they get those?

Just something to think on.

This idea is really good, and I encourage any one who wants to to produce their own foods, but some consideration will have to be given to the possabilities.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hi All

I am glad you guys an gals are planting seed, I myself have started to grow this year for the first time. I am growing corn, broccoli, 2 types of raddish, spring onions, greens, potatoes, beetroot, lettuce and courgettes and some kitchen herbs. My parent have always planted and this year, I was spurned on so much by the looming food crisis that I decided to grow some of my own food.

It is going really well and as a first time grower of vegetables, the plant are going well. Luckily My Dad used to grow a lot of the stuff I am growing when I was a kid in the seventies and has given me some tips. I am all for everyone growing their own food as it is usually cheaper than going to the store and paying a premium for organic. If you want organic food, grow it yourself with hereditary seeds and you will have good food. To be able to grow food is a very useful skill to have, another useful skill, if you are a omnivore like I am is to trap/hunt your own food. I hope you all have a plentiful crop this year and all years to come.

Regards

Djaybeetoo

[edit on 20-5-2008 by djaybeetoo]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi Just wanted to lend my full support to your thread.

You will find many members within our community here to help you in the future. You are on the right path.

I have been organic gardening for years and it is always good to find out what others know and to share ideas.

When thinking about gardening for sustenance, there is so much work to be done. Anyone can clear some land and plant some seeds. The hard part is always learned by trial and error, do we have a whole bunch of time for that right now? That's the big question.

You can learn from others and especially people who have been actualizing the reality for years. Best of luck to you.
Organically yours, antar

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks antar.

It's the positive ideas threads I like to write the most, like Earthship Freedom, and under my previous handle, stompk, my personal favorite was my first thread, Is Bill the Homeless Man, God's messenger? However, they seem to get very little attention.

As much as I feel the need to warn people about atrocities occurring in society today, I also like to offer positive alternatives sometimes.

It makes me feel good to see that this is getting some attention.

I'm serious. The way to beat the NWO, is to become self-sufficient.

Gardening, would be the first major step to move people back to God's ways, and away from materialistically driven societies, where what you own is more important than who you are.

Thanks again for your kind words. I'm pretty thick skinned, but I'm also human.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Have you read through these recent threads?

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I think you'll find them interesting.

top topics

join