It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about "ill mannered post"removal.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but i'll ask anyway to get it off my chest.

Recently in the Robbie Sighting thread there has obviously been a great effort by the staff to clean up the thread, keeping the thread as on topic as possible. I applaud this move.

Twice i have had posts removed. The first one, i was replying to a member who was having a dig at the thread author. I did do it in a polite manner, as i like to think i always would, but fair enough, my post was'nt exactly progressing the thread so it was removed.

Second post, was earlier today. I was having a problem viewing the last page of the Robbie thread. It said there was 44 pages and that the last post was from an Anon poster. However when i clicked on that page, the 44th page came up, but it was blank.

I did U2U a mod and asked politely if it was an issue with the site or was it me. In the meantime, i posted a quick test post to see if it worked ok, which it did. I also asked in that test post, if a mod could please remove it if it worked. I needed to test the post on that page as it was the only page i was having trouble with.

However for the second time, i have had a U2U in my inbox saying that i have had an "Ill-mannered" post removed.

Now whilst manners may not mean a big deal to many in this day and age, they do to me. Bad manners are my pet hate, manners don't cost anything, yet so few people use them. Maybe this is why i have taken this more to heart than someone else may?

I usualy go out of my way not to offend anyone, and find it hard to remember a situation when i have been bad mannered on here.

Anyway, would you say that maybe "ill-mannered" is possibly the wrong word to use in a message to members who by and large try thier best to toe the line? Am i reading the U2U wrong? If someone tells me my post was ill-mannered, i take it that i was rude in some way.

Or maybe i'm typing threads in a way that seem bad to other people, but i just can't see it?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

CX.

[edit on 20/5/08 by CX]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The page was blank because the Anon posts don't show up until approved by a Mod.

As for the rest, I'm not sure but there are a lot of heated posts lately in many threads.

CX

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ah i see, thanks for that.

I know what you mean about the heated posts too, but i know for a fact mine was'nt, and to my knowledge, was'nt rude either.

Ah well, like i said, i'm probably taking it too literally.

CX.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Anyway, would you say that maybe "ill-mannered" is possibly the wrong word to use in a message to members who by and large try thier best to toe the line? Am i reading the U2U wrong? If someone tells me my post was ill-mannered, i take it that i was rude in some way.

If I know correctly, thats because there is a generic post removal u2u sent, the mods don't write them for each person, it would put a tremendous strain on their hands from typing. Not that I've ever had a post removed, but thats how applauses work. It might say it comes from a moderator, but it probably just comes from the system, saying it's from the so you know who removed it.

proper post ends here, if the admin don't want people to know the following, remove it by all means

Interestingly, unless it's been fixed by now, you can still see the non approved anonymous posts using the view single post option so long as you know the post ID. like if you get a the url from a "view last post" link for one not approved, it looks like this http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread324125/pg20#pid4363032

Now if you take the pid and put it in the single post page url format, you can see them.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/single/4363013.html

[edit on 20-5-2008 by apex]

[edit on 20-5-2008 by apex]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thanks for posting this I was wondering the same. I had an ill mannered note and thought what did I say... Id completely forgot the post and wanted to see it again thinking surely I wasnt 'ill mannered'... I may be a bit sarcastic now and again but I wouldnt be intentionally trying to offend anyone.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Additionally, the thread you cited is so huge in size, they are maintaining very strict posting rules. I wouldn't worry too much. Just play nice.

new topics

top topics

join