It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC News creatively edits President Bush interview to stir the pot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

NBC News creatively edits President Bush interview to stir the pot.

thehill.com

The White House on Monday sent a scathing letter to NBC News, accusing the news network of “deceptively” editing an interview with President Bush on the issue of appeasement and Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
While I researched ATS to see if this had been posted already I searched \"NBC lied\" I didn\'t find anything about this story but found ton of other threads concerning NBC lying. I also did a google search \"NBC lied\" and was stunned at how many results made accusations about NBC making up stories or outright lying to people they interviewed.

I am sure the White House will think twice before giving NBC another interview.

thehill.com

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker

While I researched ATS to see if this had been posted already I searched \"NBC lied\" I didn\'t find anything about this story but found ton of other threads concerning NBC lying. I also did a google search \"NBC lied\" and was stunned at how many results made accusations about NBC making up stories or outright lying to people they interviewed.

I am sure the White House will think twice before giving NBC another interview.

thehill.com

Assuming this is correct and NBC "creatively edited" the story, NBC News did exactly what their bosses at parent company and military contractor General Electric wanted them to do. For what reason is the real question.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
NBC and MSNBC should be removed from the airways, the exec's tried for treason and executed on FOX news O'Reilly...............

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It's hilarious that ANYONE from the Bush administration would accuse anyone else of being deceptive!

MSNBC is the only MSM outlet even trying to hold this Facist regime accountable. They've been spanking them for months and now the Decider is unhappy about it.

Go NBC.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Blimpseeker... On seeing the big picture:

/fail

I'd love to see what they did that was "deceptive", but I doubt very seriously that it was anything bad enough for this administration to complain about.

Hey, they can always go on Fox News and "balance" it out (hey, maybe that's what Fox New's slogan means).

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

reply to post by Sublime620

sure laff it up, it's cute and funny when it happens to someone you don't like but wait until they lie and make up stories about someone you do like just to get ratings. the msm is all about themselves and to push an agenda that suits them
they stopped REPORTING the news a long time ago and now they spoon feed the masses what their INTERPRETATION of the news is.

despicable.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
With CGI, digital video and audio editing, special effects, and hollywood magic that can make you believe Tom Hanks shook hands with JFK, is there really anything we can see or hear on television anymore that we can be certain is real?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by ianr5741]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ianr5741

yeah, thanks for contributing to the thread. feel free to post more garbage anytime.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I saw that interview. They mentioned that the full version was available on their website.

This is a non issue.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

I never said I like the news. It's just funny to see someone post up that the Bush Administration is tired of someone lying.

That's like Nickelback saying they are tired of people making lame music.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Although CNN seems to have gotten a bit more fair lately, I'm not surprised about the usual bias that keeps coming from NBC, MSNBC, ABC and a few other alphabet channels.

Makes me wonder if Dan Rather is working for NBC now???

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by blimpseeker

I never said I like the news. It's just funny to see someone post up that the Bush Administration is tired of someone lying.

That's like Nickelback saying they are tired of people making lame music.

that was a good one

I wonder what the real motives for this are/were

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Here, Olbermann explains this issue. This is the follow up to the letter sent by the White House.

This is not the OP's fault due to the article, but this thread has been very misleading. I think this video should close this issue.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Thanks for that.

Good summation of the facts.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
News corporations are businesses. They are out to make a profit. By creating an interview in support of Barack Obama's position, they cater to a large audience of people.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
We all no that Msnbc is for Obama and fox is for the neo-cons so this should be expected. Anyone who watches "Countdown With Keith Olberman", already knows that this is nothing new, Olberman goes at Bush, McCain every day. Though I do believe if they did edit the speech they took it to far.The most unbias news station is CNN, I guess.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
when i first saw this i thought why in the world would you complain about anyone editing Bush. When the worst thing the white house staff could want out there is an unedited version of what this puppet says. then i watched the interview and realized that they are idiots because there is no editing that could make this guy sound intelligent what you need is a script and lots of retakes then editing. i must say its been a bad decade to be an American but it beats being in many other countries.

top topics

join