It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frog march sparks new quake alarm {China}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Frog march sparks new quake alarm [China]

www.news.com.au

THOUSANDS of Chinese fled for cover in fear of an earthquake today, alarmed not only by warnings from seismologists but also by an unusual mass movement of frogs, state media said.

For the second time this month, residents observed a huge migration of frogs and toads, the state-run Xinhua news agency said.

Residents of Zunyi, a southern city that saw little damage in China's huge earthquake last week, noticed the amphibians' march yesterday, Xinhua said, quoting Vice Mayor Zeng Yongtao.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They have suffered so much already. I hope the worst is over, but it could be just the beginning.

I hope it's just the aftershocks that are making them move, but I somehow doubt it.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
oh no, I hope that they don't suffer another major quake but this is not a good sign at all....got a bad feeling about this........

what is it that you think the frogs are responding to? can they feel seismic vibrations which we can't or has it got something to do with EM radiation of some kind? maybe even changes in EM fields? thoughts?

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Chonx]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thats not a good sign, I hope all is well for the people of china, And that nothing comes of this.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I remember reading the other day about some one saying that china will have a 9.5 quake in june some time

I hope they are wrong but i think the earth quakes are just the start of many things to come world wide

found the Ats link

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I live in Jersey and over the past 30 years I have felt three earth quakes here....small ones mind you, but you could definetly feel them. All three times this occurred my cats refused to walk on the floor of the house. They drove me crazy the first time it happened, they kept jumping from furniture to furniture which was not the norm for them. By the third time this happened some 10 years later, I knew what it was and told my family ahead of time. My husband thought I was nuts, but that night sure enough a quake hit. Like I said not a huge one, but one that woke us and was big enough to be felt and to be reported on the news.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's strange to say the least, I can see herd type animals moving in the same direction, but what is driving these frogs, is it some type of force pushing them in a certain direction?

How do they know which way to go?

Maybe they can feel some type of vibration?

Could it really be a weapon system like HAARP, or is it all a natural occurring event?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
thats interesting
is there a clue as to why the frogs are doing that?

i hope there are no more earthquakes
millions of people are suffering and it's sad to hear that
i feel privileged to live in a country where natural disasters are rare

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sometimes they march when torrential rains are about to happen, after all China has suffered that would be the last thing they need right now, cleanup would be halted severely. Remember 911? Shortly afterwards we had big rains come and it did interfere with the searches and cleanup.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Reading that article I saw this...

Many noted that the earthquake occurred exactly 88 days before the Beijing Olympics, which opens on August 8 - 8/8/8 - at 8:08 pm, in line with Chinese numerology which considers eight a lucky number.

Interesting, would of thought that would of been brought up on ATS before, or did I just miss it?

On a side note my cat has been winding me right up, wont leave me alone and being very demanding - always wanting more food etc.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Starting at this post in Quake Watch 2008, from 5/23 about 19:30 UTC thru 5/24 about 13:30 UTC, there have been 10 larger quakes -- 4.8 to 6.4 -- spread throughout the globe.

I point this out because in this post I have a map which also displays a good amount of 'larger' quakes spread around... which was the last time I saw something similar to the current quake map. I also put 2 circles on that map, questioning if this was out of the ordinary for the circled locations. That was posted about 30 hours prior to the 7.9 hitting; which was within one of my circles. I'm not saying it was a prediction; just something I noticed and questioned... and now I see and increase on the map of the 5.0+ quakes... I don't,however, have any specific areas that jump out at me to circle and question.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 5/24/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The ticker-tape at the bottom of the BBC24 screen just said there has been a 5.8 aftershock - 1 dead 400 injured (so far). Now 70,000 houses have collapsed.. Not good.

Maybe something in it?

BBC

[edit on 25/5/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join