It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas sect parents complain of vague custody plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

SAN ANGELO, Texas - The parents of the children in state custody after a raid at a polygamist sect's ranch came to a courthouse asking one question: How do we get back our children? They left complaining that Texas child welfare officials offered no real answers Monday as five judges began sorting the massive custody case into separate family groups. The state has more than 460 children from the Yearning For Zion Ranch in foster care.

More

Um, you rape children then want them back? What? Wait wait, no you gave your 13 year old daughter to your 49 year old brother to be raped with his six other 13-18 year old wives and you want her back?

These people need to be shot. I'm sorry but raping children=need to be shot. I don't mean 18 with 17 year old girlfriend of 4 years I mean the crap they had going at this "church"

Also, their God/guy they worshipped/whatever is a convicted pedophile. Yep, they worship a pedophile. I can't believe Texas is actually thinking about giving these kids back to people who literally worship a pedophile!

[edit on 20-5-2008 by HHH Is King]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You must watch a lot of mainstream media. They are the only ones reporting incest and rape. In fact, how do you know of their family structure without having met them personally and asked them?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It is part of the government's plan to brainwash us into accepting that we do not own our own children and that they belong to the state.
Once they get away with doing this, without any specific charges, they can take any children without so much as a hearing.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
? there are 13 year old pregnant girls who were raped by their uncles. I think that's proof. They had to use DNA testing to figure who was raped by which old man.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Actually I saw a news article on yahoo news the other day saying that they have yet to prove that any of these mothers are underage. Very few of these ladies have legal documents proving their age.

Although I am sure many of them were under the age of 18 before they got "married".

Granted I do not believe anyone should be forced into marriage in any case, so I disagree with the YFZ people there, but it seems like they have a different view on what age makes a girl a woman. Sounds like they go by the "old enough to bleed then old enough to breed" policy. Sure modern teenagers are not mature enough to get married, but in many of these groups where they follow the old ways of life...who knows. Still, they should be able to choose who they marry and not be forced into it.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about what is going on in YFZ.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Vague custody plans? Really? Hmmm...next thing you know they'll fight over hairstyles and clothing choices. Please keep us posted!!

Maybe these people shouldn't be so vague about their knowledge of the abuse that has been going on there. Vague custody plans? These people should never be allowed near children again! How's that? Not the least bit vague.

They (the parents male and female) should also be in police custody or in a state facility. Nothing vague about that custody plan either.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the children for being taken away from their 'parental units' and placed in foster homes, which may or may not be also abusive. How do we not know the relatives outside the sect seeking custody of the children might sneak the children back in to the compund later on? This goes to show that the state pretty much owns everyone. I'm afraid there is no turning back for these children. And all it took was one brave minor to complain about the alleged abuse with her husband.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

And all it took was one brave minor to complain about the alleged abuse with her husband.

This statement is bizarre. A "minor" "complaining" about "alledged" abuse.....with her "husband." Isn't the abuse not ALLEGED if the "minor" is married to an adult man? Without any charges or proof, the man is is at least guilty of statutory rape, pedophilia, child abuse, etc......

Alleged? How bad does it have to get for you to admit there is a problem and it isn't alleged?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

You are correct. There is a problem. But I am not there to witness her suffering and pain. All I have to go by are the media’s version of what appears to be her word against her husband. It could be all a hoax (for all I know) or even farfetched as another attempt by the state to separate the children from their loved ones.

One small voice crying out for help won’t work; if there are others not willing to support her cause; if there is insufficient proof in the eyes of the law, which basically means the taxpayers are pretty much wasting their time on this one.

It’s just the way the system operates. However, this system could change by holding all consenting adults in this sect accountable for breaking the laws of the land (with regards to the children, of course). Until all parties involved in this custody submit to DNA testing, there is no turning/giving back the children to that compound.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I still can't believe it. The man they worshipped is a convicted pedophile. He was convicted pedophile! These people literally went "Here's my 14 year old daughter please rape her!" then worshipped him as he did it.

No kids, no jail time, shoot them. No, that would cost too much. Just drop them out of planes over Iraq and hope they land on a terrorist.

top topics

join