It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popstars and UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There are believers in the band TOOL as well. The song "Faaip De Oiad", Track#13 on the album, Lateralus uses the Art Bell Alien disclosure from a caller claiming to be an Area 51 dischargee. You can hear that clip right here for those of you that don't remember it. The call was from 1997 and TOOL used it in 2001.

Area 51 Employee Call on Coast to Coast

Cool idea for a post, Star and Flag from me.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
311 has had a lot of songs with UFO references, this song from there spacey cd transistor talks about whats happening and this came 1997.

"Galaxy" lyrics by Doug Martinez of 311

Between Mars and Jupiter there's a gap
For another planet now way back yeah
Maybe a mad man just blew the # out of it
Now were tryin' to get back in alignment
Explains why we go through cycles
Always tryin' to find it
Closin' into the age of Aquarius
Crazy weather floods tornadoes
Low jet streams not gettin' better
Enterin' a twilight zone
Activities grown every single day
More people spottin' UFO's

Let's come together with this new coast #
We got the mother#in' kids now lets freak this #
It's messed up when you're feeling everything is wrong
Takeover the Pentagon

It's #ed up in this paradigm
Cuz I'm burning fossil fuels I don't even need to
Free energy has been harnessed
We don't use it why
Cuz the techniques been suppressed
The hour glass has passed through granules
That's cool we gotta break it
Bust all these rules and switch
Change up the pitch
Rearrange our lives and this dumb # we'll ditch

Let's come together with this new coast #
We got the mother#in' kids now lets freak this #
It's messed up when you're feeling everything is wrong
Dealin' in our Chevrons

I found a bootleg of the cosmic conscious then erased it
Visualized the breath technique slowly became it
Now something is watchin' me
Since I have found the keys
To free this energy
My high speed light body
Cuz the galaxy is crazy
It doesn't amaze me that we're livin' out of phase
And quickly decaying
6 protons, 6 neutrons, 6 electrons
Is encoded in the plane
We live on

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
What a big row it's happen after the affirmation from R.W.!!!I'm waiting for it....'I' m agree with Spaxz, R.W. is rich ,very, very much and it's true...his career is in mess, but i don't think that he used ATS for a free publicity.He is not crazy ,on the contrary he's eccentric but genuine:He really believe in UFO ...his last tour (on 2006) was called Close Encounters.Please Robbie write something to defend your self...Mary angie from Italy

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by person51

Actually, if Matt Bellamy isn't a member of AboveTopSecret already, I'll eat my copy of Origin of Symmetry.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Anyway

There's no mystery about why pop stars see UFOs, any more than there is a mystery about why they are so prone to mystical experiences, spiritual epiphanies, psychic visitations and queer religious beliefs.

The reason is

DRUGS

If you took as many drugs as David Bowie did during the 1970s, you'd see flying saucers too.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
given the amount of drugs they consume I would think the connection would be pretty obvious

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by person51

Thanks for the reply person51, and I note your inclusion of Matt Bellamy from Muse. Yet another addition to the list! This is with regard to their upcoming 2008 appearance at the V Festival, Mr Bellamy relates that:

Muse have revealed that they are planning to land UFOs on the audience's heads at the V Festival. Singer Matt Bellamy said the group wanted to spend their appearance fee on creating an extra-terrestrial themed show. He told NME: "With V, they pay ridiculous fees, so it's a chance to spend the money on big UFOs that land on the crowd's heads."

www.digitalspy.co.uk...

That's what we need! More closet glam rock!

Not only does Bellamy fit in with the legions of artists who find inspiration in the UFO phenomena, he's into conspiracy theory, too:

Matt likes to read up on controversial ideas about how the world is controlled. One of several provocative theories he's fond of is the claim that the Beatles were a secret plot to brainwash the youth of America.

www.microcuts.net...

And it doesn't seem to be a passing hobby, either. From the same article, Chris Wolstenholme (Muse's bassist) explains:

I agree with most of them (conspiracy theories) but i'm not as well researched as Matt. He'll send us all links now and again but when i'm at home I've got my family to deal with, so i don't get an awful lot of time to research.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonefree386

thanks for your input, Stonefree386.

Jimi Hendrix was a special case, and held several beliefs with regard to spirituality, aliens and ufos. It's a well known fact that he experimented heavily with drugs, and his addictions have been logically used to explain his experiences and beliefs about himself (being from another planet).

The use of drugs can, if we skirt the subject gently, also be used to compare his experiences with the hypotheses of "higher frequency" & "raised consciousness". Both are effects that drugs induce with infinite ease, without any of the hard work and soul-searching associated with the deliberate and determined methods advocated by established faiths.

The shamans of primitive societies use hallucinogens to "access" ancestral spirits, nature spirits and "the Gods", so is it too great a stretch to connect the two, and suggest that his ingesting of copious amounts of banned substances helped with his visions? (I am not in anyway shape or form advocating the use of these substances, but simply voicing an idea).

We read almost every day on ATS about the need for an attitudinal change, a genuine and determined altering of personal perspective so as to allow "access" to higher realms and states of consciousness. Many experiencers state that they see UFOs on a regular basis because of this "raised" state. We hear of the continuing advances in the study of quantum physics and string theory, and all the "spooky" discoveries scientists struggle to explain.

Is their some sort of psychological bridge, a connection that is triggered by minds unhindered by and freed of the restraints of convention, between the two?

Is it too extreme a concept to suggest that Jimi, in conjunction with his already expanded, artistic psyche, was forcing (not deliberately) this apparently innate ability with his habits? If he was, he paid the ultimate price for seeing the unbelievable.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crsantin

Hi crsantin. Thanks for the reply.

You're right; Mr Hagar has spoken of his experiences openly. In this article (originally from Guitar World):

www.roadrunnerrecords.com...

He talks of his experience in Fontana, California in 1968. In it he states:

I had this unbelievable experience...When I was about 19 or 20, they downloaded everything that was in my head. And I caught 'em doin' it! I woke up in the middle of the night, thinkin', 'What's goin' on?' They were like, 'Oh, my god, he's waking up!' But this was all telepathy — there were no words being spoken.

He goes on to explain that the experience left him with an interest in the ETH. He read several UFO related books, and his contacts continued unabated:

since then, there have been three or four other contacts with the same group of people. I don't know who the f**k they are, but I've narrowed them down to a people called the Nine, who are called that because they're from the Ninth Dimension.

This quote triggered a post from another thread. I seem to remember either J Ritzman or Johnny Anonymous (can't remember which, sorry guys) talking of seeing a man appear in his house who simply said, "the seven rule the nine" before disappearing".

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Hello Spaxz. Really glad you replied to this thread, especially after I was so prolifically sceptical about the subject matter on one of your. I sincerely hope your quest for enlightenment is leading you to brighter and happier places, and wish you well

You're probably right about the amount of "celebrities" who have seen anomalous objects in the sky, and that only a few have the courage to step from one form of spotlight into another altogether. Many would, in my opinion, be advised against it by their families and agents, not to mention record companies, etc, for fear of the negative press any such revelation would cause.

Then again, it is said that any publicity is good publicity.

I talk to almost everyone about my wierd events in life, I might look like a kwack but they are the truth to what happened in my life.

And this places you shoulder to shoulder with Mr Williams. Not as a "kwack", but as a concerned human being who has acquired a need to personaly explore one of the basic questions we ask ourselves as a species: "are we alone?".

So those celeb's are brave for come foward since they'll face more scrunity than you or I.

So true, yet so sad.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Excellent post, nightmare_david.

I find that I experience several emotions when reading the threads relating directly to Mr Williams joining ATS:

Respect for him, not as a celeb witness, but just because he damn well decided he wanted to understand what he's seen rather than ignore it. How many people have seen something they find unexplainable, but refused to pursue a possible rationalization purely because it didn't fit in with, or might impact on, their life?

Shock at the amount of purile, adolescent, unsubstantiated venom heaped on him and his experiences by relatively new (and some not so new) members. The sheer audacity of these shallow, hit and run posts was deplorable.

And amazement at the effect the subject of UFOs still stirs, especilly when it is approached from a different, and famous viewpoint.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Thanx Beamish, My enlightenment path is a life long journey with bumps in the road but all is good. Thanx for asking.

Your right that they go from one spotlight to the next, when they admit to wierd occurances in there life. We've been breed to ridicule strange things as a joke or crazyness, i'm glad that in todays world people are more open to these concepts. Nice talking to you again Beamish! TTYL

Love and Light

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Were did you get that quote?? I don't see it here on this thread, and how my name is attached to it? Strange, but either way i agree with what you posted. I will also somewhat disagree at the same time as celeb's will go to many lengths to be in the spotlight again. I don't believe that is what Robbie is up to though.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi antar.

Interesting how the entertainment industry was always there to shift the balance between the acceptance and denial of the Ufo situation...

This inseperable connection, if you place their emphasis firmly in the area of acceptance, makes for an interesting hypothesis. If every celebrity who has seen any thing even remotely to do with the paranormal spoke out about it, then how many armchair deniers would sit up and listen.
Most of these ill-informed critics harbour deeply ingrained and dismissive concepts of UFOs etc; maybe they'd change their minds if their favourite soap-star, or actor, or popstar, articulated rationally and without drama about their incidents?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks for your reply, Astyanax. Yes, the usage of drugs played its insidious part, but does that mean every single sighting by every single musician can be explained away?
What about the thousands of people who see them without narcotics addling their brains?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hi Beamish.

Perhaps you should look into 80's American thrash metal band,Agent Steel.
They were very heavily influenced by the whole Alien scenario.

The vocalist,John Cyriis,even claimed that he was an Alien,and after leaving the band,he has disappeared of the map!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Does anybody remember the British Band "UFO"? Apart from that I strongly believe that sound waves attract extraterrestrials. Maybe they are interested in it because of psycho acoustical effects?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Good thread. I think Billy Thorpe's "Children Of The Sun" is the most kick ass rock song dealing with ufo's, and aliens. He was a bit of a one hit wonder from down under.

Crosby Stills & Nash has a bitchin cover on their album "Daylight Again." I have the first Led Zeppelin box set in which there is a crop circle formation pictured on the front.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned George Clinton and the Mothership Connection

I don't know if there is any actual "experience" behind the Parliament/Funkadelic obsession with extra-terrestrials, but the band has built up quite a detailed and intriguing cosmology around these sorts of themes.

Can You Get to That?

One of my favorite quotes comes from The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein:

Funk upon a time, In the days of the Funkapus, The concept of specially-designed Afronauts Capable of funkatizing galaxies Was first laid on man-child, But was later repossessed And placed among the secrets of the pyramids Until a more positive attitude Towards this most sacred phenomenon, Clone Funk, Could be acquired… There in these terrestrial projects It would wait, along with its coinhabitants of kings and pharaohs Like sleeping beauties with a kiss That would release them to multiply In the image of the chosen one: Dr Funkenstein. And funk is its own reward. May I frighten you?

I won't speculate what that means, but it is curious at least.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I like my lyrics being dual so the message is one that originates between the ears of the beholder.
Listening now for quite some miles to this new cd I got, I remembered this thread this afternoon while driving home listening to this one number on it.
Although it does not really fit the topic, it’s subliminal point is one I come across this site quite often.

This number being brand new, it is leaning more towards the end of the (nwo) world theme complete with the ascending part. A hot topic on this site, I believe.

They like to play this song at the end of a gig. I’m fond of such humour. They kick you out!

Ilanois - People move on

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join