It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Weird Contrail/Chemtrail??Any ideas?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I looked up to the sky recently above my house and spotted this, whether its normal or not I dont know, but Ive certainly never seen a contrail shaped like this.

Also it seemed to dissapear eerily fast(Im talking seconds, and glow somewhat .

Any ideas?


















posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
looks like....


freaking chromosomes....??


-



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
looks like....


freaking chromosomes....??


-


Yeah like DNA or something, never seen anything like it before in the sky though.



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Its caused when a contrail is created or passes through a turbulent air parcel mixing it and twisting it.

Nothing unusual about it but a good indication of atmospheric instability




posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Its caused when a contrail is created or passes through a turbulent air parcel mixing it and twisting it.

Nothing unusual about it but a good indication of atmospheric instability



Ummm... yah... you meant "chemtrail," right?



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
[Ummm... yah... you meant "chemtrail," right?


Yeah....errr....I mean no
Damn now you know Imworking for the government spreading disinfo



[edit on 20/5/2008 by OzWeatherman]



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
[Ummm... yah... you meant "chemtrail," right?


Yeah....errr....I mean no
Damn now you know Imworking for the government spreading disinfo



[edit on 20/5/2008 by OzWeatherman]



Thanks for the info, I know Ive heard of this producing helical structures, but not double helixs, could be wrong though.

Oh and as for atmospheric instability.
Im pretty sure there are chemtrails sprayed around my are on a fairly rgular basis, thoug again, I could be wrong.



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If it is a chem-trail, they are only using it to control the weather. "scale down hurricanes, cyclones, create havoc on enemy's before you attack, ect,.." just another way we try to play god, and make more weapons. Chem-trails aren't exsactly healthy but atleast this weapon there producing is on ourside, if we were the enemy we might have to worry abit.



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Folks....it is most assuredly NOT a 'chemtrail'...sorry

Oz is correct...although the instability he mentions is the normal wake turbulence pattern that has affected the contrails. The wake turbulence vortices normally settle down about 300 feet below the path of the airplane...but if the airmass is descending, and the airplane is maintaining altitude, then the vortices could interact with the contrails to form those corkscrews...



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So, what is the scientific term to describe the anomalous clouds in these photos? Corkscrews? Vortex? I'm having a hard time pulling up online images to compare with the original photos of this thread.

[edit on 2008-5-20 by pikypiky]



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Chemtrails are bullcrap.



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Did read that Aurora left Contrails in a "corkscrew" patten

my first thoughts when seeing that

but as some one said Warm air underneath one of the contrails sounds more logical



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK
Did read that Aurora left Contrails in a "corkscrew" patten

my first thoughts when seeing that

but as some one said Warm air underneath one of the contrails sounds more logical


Agreed though I would like some actual proof as to the formation process of such corkscrews, oh and I thought of the aurora too^^

Although I think thats supposed to leave weird doughnut shaped trails,anyway thats for another thread.



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar
 


Yes!! Outlaw, the weird 'doughnut' shapes from Aurora are probably due to the propulsion system....trying to remember what people are supposing...there is a concept called a 'scramjet'....no moving parts, but requires some other more convential propulsion to accelerate to the high Mach speeds required for 'scram' to work...but, that's pretty old technology, maybe 20 years....I'm sure there's more T/S stuff by now...



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Outlawstar
 


Yes!! Outlaw, the weird 'doughnut' shapes from Aurora are probably due to the propulsion system....trying to remember what people are supposing...there is a concept called a 'scramjet'....no moving parts, but requires some other more convential propulsion to accelerate to the high Mach speeds required for 'scram' to work...but, that's pretty old technology, maybe 20 years....I'm sure there's more T/S stuff by now...


Youre right it is to do with the propulsion system, I think its some form of electromagnetic powered thing, not too sure.

I actually saw these near my house too but didint take a pic unfortunatly.
The doughnut shapes seemed to be only on one side of the contrail.Looked very odd.



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Its caused when a contrail is created or passes through a turbulent air parcel mixing it and twisting it.

Nothing unusual about it but a good indication of atmospheric instability



I agree this can happen and have seen it before though never in such a consistent, tight form.

I cant find any images of this type of double helical formation, only helical........hmmmm.



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh and while youre here Weed Whacker, Im wondering do you think its normal for "contrails" to form a thin wispy sheet of cover that literally stratches as far as the eye can see, because thats exactly what happens over my area on a regular basis, including right now.

I know you dont want to believe in chemtrails but you must admit they are at least plausible, in fact if Im not mistaken the British Government have admitted to spraying chemicals on the population to see how they would react to them.(Ill try and find the source for that info.

They have the mindset to do it, thats for sure.



posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outlawstar
Oh and while youre here Weed Whacker, Im wondering do you think its normal for "contrails" to form a thin wispy sheet of cover that literally stratches as far as the eye can see, because thats exactly what happens over my area on a regular basis, including right now.

I know you dont want to believe in chemtrails but you must admit they are at least plausible, in fact if Im not mistaken the British Government have admitted to spraying chemicals on the population to see how they would react to them.(Ill try and find the source for that info.

They have the mindset to do it, thats for sure.


Thats actually what cirrus usually is, thin wispy ice crystals. Nature makes it a the time, airplanes can make it sometimes too.



posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by Outlawstar
Oh and while youre here Weed Whacker, Im wondering do you think its normal for "contrails" to form a thin wispy sheet of cover that literally stratches as far as the eye can see, because thats exactly what happens over my area on a regular basis, including right now.

I know you dont want to believe in chemtrails but you must admit they are at least plausible, in fact if Im not mistaken the British Government have admitted to spraying chemicals on the population to see how they would react to them.(Ill try and find the source for that info.

They have the mindset to do it, thats for sure.


Thats actually what cirrus usually is, thin wispy ice crystals. Nature makes it a the time, airplanes can make it sometimes too.




I see what youre saying, thoug having looked it up, Im noticing distinc visual differences between the two, Im not discounting anything though.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join