It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasmanian Tiger Resurrected!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Researchers from Australian and US universities have implanted a gene from the now extinct Thylacine, and implanted it in a mouse!

Sydney (AFP) - In what they describe as a world first, researchers from Australian and US universities extracted a gene from a preserved specimen of the doglike marsupial -- formally known as a thylacine -- and revived it in a mouse embryo.

Source

So, what does everyone else think about this? Good or Bad? I guess in a way it could be good as we could learn something from animals that we weren't around to examine as deeply as we can today.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spurri

Grizzly bears are the top of the food chain here in the USA. I live on the edge of the forest and know why people wiped then them out here. Now people want to reintroduce them here. It's always some jerk that lives in the city that thinks it's a good idea. People are one of grizzlies natural food sources. If they hunted it to extinction there is a reason for it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sorry mate some one had this posted this morning

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 20-5-2008 by duffster]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Besides the fact its already been posted, the headline is a bit incorrect. The original article (I read) said a Gene from the TT was resurected thats far from the whole tiger.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We allow two threads to run simultaneously, when one of them is posted to the news forums.
Carry on

Sauron
ATS Moderator

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't understand what this means exactly for the Thylacine, won't it just be a mouse born with a Tassie Tiger gene? I seem to recall them implanting human genes into a mouse embryo before.

I guess it's just an early step.

top topics

join