It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History of Child Abuse (how do you think it effects us globaly now?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i]reply to post by pieman

www.survivorsswindon.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.survivorsswindon.com...

Estimates now state that at least 1 in 4 males and 1 in 3 females will have survived some form of sexual abuse before reaching the age of 18! In the UK, that accounts for over 20.83% of the population!
That means in excess of 10,400,000 people in the UK are survivors of sexual abuse.
Assuming the average person lives until at least 70 years old, that means 148,571 NEW ‘victims’ of childhood sexual abuse each year. These figures do not include those adults who have been raped.

i cant atm find WHO definition of what is a child, however some sourses say up to age of pubity, some 16 and some 18, anyway its still quite staggering.
it might be usefull to concider that child soldiers dont just become soldiers many are abused,druged and brainwashed inorder to do the things they do even to their own families.

www.amnesty.org...

Worldwide, hundreds of thousands of children under 18 have been affected by armed conflict.

They are recruited into government armed forces, paramilitaries, civil militia and a variety of other armed groups. Often they are abducted at school, on the streets or at home. Others enlist “voluntarily”, usually because they see few alternatives. Yet international law prohibits the participation in armed conflict of children aged under 18.

It means that in reality girls and boys illegally and under force, participate in combat where frequently they are injured or killed. Others are used as spies, messengers, porters, servants or to lay or clear landmines. Girls are at particular risk of rape and other sexual abuse.

Such children are robbed of their childhood and exposed to terrible dangers and to psychological and physical suffering.

m x

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by morganathefey

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There have been many posts on this board but this could be one of the most important ones. Many people (including my twin) who suffer abuse carry guilt, shame and anger that eats away at them. They never hae a normal happy life.

As this taboo is broken down and many pepls start to speak they can start to come to terms with their demons - which must make the earth a better place.

We still put up with child abuse all around us - yes I would class circumcism by the jews as physical child abuse!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

i'm sorry to hear that your twin bears the scars of abuse.....

you hit the nail on the head, people not being able to lead happy normal lives as adults. its this unhappyness which i believe effects society, if someone is not able to grow up emotionaly intact then there will be repecusions, crime, war, drugs/alcohol misuse are at one end of the scale whilst guilt, emotional pain is at the other, and it does effect the next generation.
m x

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
deMause's articles are no longer on geocities.

They can be found here:

The History of Child Abuse - Lloyd deMause ritualabuse.us...

The Universality of Incest – Lloyd DeMause
Journal of Psychohistory 19 (2) Winter 1991
ritualabuse.us...
ritualabuse.us...
ritualabuse.us...
ritualabuse.us...

<< 1   >>

join