It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question about comments...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I hope this is in the right place. I am wondering if there is anyway to see on the "My ATS" page or somewhere if someone has replied to a specific comment I made in a thread. For example-, in the recent thread about unusual animal activity I left a comment for dgtempe, and she responded. Is there anyway I would know she had responded without going back to the thread and going through all the posts?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

Is there anyway I would know she had responded without going back to the thread and going through all the posts?

As far as I know, no. But it seems like a good idea, although difficult to implement.

The reply-to option has not been around for long and I imagine an idea such as yours has already been looked into by Skeptic Overlord.

CT

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I was thinking this was a great idea yesterday. But I really think it would be hard to do as well.
It's just up to the member to check for replies.Which in a way is good, because then you are reading others opinions and posts, and it may stir up new questions in your mind.
To have a feature like that might just make a thread so that only a couple of members are discussing the issue between themselves.
Perhaps a gentle nudge via u2u if you really want a response is in order.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Another way you could look would be to go to any post by dgtempe, and click the "thread" button under her post. That would show all the posts she made in that thread, and you could see if she responded to yours.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it might help a little bit.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It works pretty well for me when I go to "My ATS" to click on the small symbol between the title subject and last posters name.

That takes you to the last page in the post and it's fairly quick to find what you want.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

Go to any post made by dgtempe. Click on the Posts button at the bottom of her post. You will see the order ( date and time ) in which she has replied to threads. Click on either "Single" or "In Thread" and it will take you to that post.

Or, do like I do and make her wear a GPS collar.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who replied to this. Those suggestions helped a bit. :-)

And Happy Saturday to you all!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who replied to this. Those suggestions helped a bit. :-)

And Happy Saturday to you all!

new topics

top topics

join