It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sex Before Marriage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
No sex before marriage.

Is it the word of God or a way of controlling or manipulating the general population? By means most likely carried out by the state also accomodated by state sponsored non-profit organizations.

Does scripture really support this religious doctrine?

Is it not a tool re-inforced by religion but in fact used by the state in some significant manner? Is it not being taught somehow in our public education?

I always turn to Romans 13 for blatant misrepresentations of the Bible and go from there.

What do you guys and girls think? What is marriage all about?

[edit on 20-5-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Really the main purpose for preaching "No sex before marriage" in the public school system, is just to discourage it because of all the risks. People that engage in sexual activity with multiple partners outside of marriage, are more prone to such things as STD's and Teen pregnancy. And on the other hand, those that wait until they are married are less likely (by far) to ever experience an STD.

Now, as a married man that did actually "WAIT," I can say that it is a choice that I do not regret. I believe that my first experience was far more meaningful, knowing full well that I have already made a commitment with this person to spend the rest of our lives together.

Sex is not something that should be taken so lightly. You are literally taking a chance on creating a life everytime you "do it". I don't know about you other guys but I am glad that my child was conceived after I was married.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Now REALLY, when you look at the Bible as a whole concept, you will realize that MOST of it IS in fact, a bunch of BS. Sure, it may have once told the history and origins of humanity, but has been proved on more than one occassion to have been EDITED by the Catholic Church as to what is acceptable to believe and what is not. Who are the Catholic Church to decide which of GODS WORDS are not fit for man to see? Not to mention that the Bible was written by man 400 year AFTER any event in the book happened under the assumption that God told him to what to write. Man, that sounds looney when you think about the dude that rode around killing people because his cats told him to. Its kinda like the same thing.

Cats tell guy to kill this person. He does. He's looney.
God tells guy to write these words that describe events that nowadays would be considered crazy. He does. He's divine.

SOOOO, i would conclude that "No sex before marriage" is something that the Catholic Church has added to the Bible to attempt to keep people in order.

[edit on 5/20/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
"SOOOO, i would conclude that "No sex before marriage" is something that the Catholic Church has added to the Bible to keep people in order. "

I really don't see what kind or "order" this is keeping. How many people do you know, Catholics included, practice this? I can honestly say that other than myself, I have never met another human being that has waited until they were married before having sex. (And yes Bill Clinton oral sex is still sex.)

So, if the Catholic church was trying to keep people in order, then I conclude that they have failed miserably in this case.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

I said it was an attempt. I didn't say it worked. Don't put words in my mouth please and I won't put them in yours.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I am sorry if you misunderstood or misread but I cleary honored exactly what you said in my closing statement...

So, if the Catholic church was trying to keep people in order, then I conclude that they have failed miserably in this case.

Its pretty sad that I just quoted myself. But anyway as you can see, the seventh word in my sentence there is "TRYING". Try, if you were not aware is synonomous with the word attempt.

And thus, no words were indeed placed into your mouth, just merely exchanged for different word with the exact same meaning.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

But it worked on jesterman:

Now, as a married man that did actually "WAIT," I can say that it is a choice that I do not regret.

(Just kidding with you jesterman.)

Truly may you have a long and happy life together.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Place me in the "Did not wait and now regret it" camp.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Possibly could have worked, except for the fact that I denounced the Catholic Church as a child. Just something about taking orders from a little old man with a big hat that just didn't make sense to me. And also I refuse to refer to any human as "Holy Father". That is just stupid. That guy ain't my father.

I got a little silly there but still a lot of truth behind it.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by JesterMan]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Sigh...again, I didn't ask you all that. All I said was don't put words in my mouth please. because you wrongly quoted what I said. AND I am not disagreeing with you so please don't take it like that. They did fail miserably. We're in a agreement. I apologize if I have offended you or something.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Sex is not something that should be taken so lightly. You are literally taking a chance on creating a life every time you do it.

It’s called a condom or pill and then there’s always abortion

Abortion…..did that word just make your face turn red….

You Christians and your primitive minds….

Question – What if you never found anyone you wanted to marry – would you die a virgin?

[edit on 20-5-2008 by andre18]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
No Sex Before Marriage

Makes for a lifetime of lousy sex. Of course they'll never know, will they?

Absolutely to control the slaves. If the slaves know what the best wine taste like they'll plunder our stores, if they know what the best lobster taste like and they'll empty the sea, the best sex and then you couldn't sample their women because they would be busy themselves.

Seems to be the status quo of most churches - withhold the truth - except for the few who know better.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
does anyone else find it weird that we are having a discussion about what the bible does and doesnt say, but noone has yet to quote scripture?

1 corinthians 6:[18] Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that commiteth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1 corinth 7:[36] But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

1 thes 4:[3] For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1 corinth 6:[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

matt 15:[18] But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
[19] For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

gal 5:[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hmmm.

Well, let me tell you my background on this.

I grew up in a VERY religious home...my father was a pastor. Yep. So, you can imagine the talks I received about "sex before marriage". I actually was VERY fearful that God would punish me if I had sex before marriage. And lived in that fear for quite a long time - even after I "sinned" *gasp*.

Now I am a big girl, and still a Christian and still have my faith in God. But my views on it have changed....as my views on MANY things have changed, as I have grown into the adult I am today.

Do I, as a Christian, regret not waiting until I got married? UH NO! Because that would have been a VERY long wait

I do understand some of the reasons why "they" say to wait. Putting aside STDs and pregnancies, there is the fact that when you are have sex with someone.....you develop this bond that you never would have had if you had not had sex. I look back on my past...and i can see that those who I had the hardest time getting over were those I was intimately involved with. There are some exceptions for me, but you get what I'm saying, I'm sure.

But as far as the Bible goes. I already have issues with the Bible and how it was made, etc. So, the sex issue is a moot point for me

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I know I am probably about to open the floodgates here but what the hell.

Abortion...
Aside from all the moral reasons involved, WHAT A COP-OUT. Whatever happened to learning from your mistakes? That is the biggest thing wrong with this world today.
It used to be if you commited a crime you went to jail. Now if you have enough money you can hire some top lawyer to find a loop hole in the system and get you off. Even if you don't all you have to do is do a few years for murder and wait for the overcrowded system to grant you paroll.
If you have sex, even if you use a condom and she is on the pill, she can still get pregnant. Abortion is just a way to give these people a false sense of security, "Hey you made a mistake, thats ok. How about a do over? Plus, I know of women that have had so many abortions, that if they did decide that one day they wanted to have children, they couldn't. Their reproductive systems are so damaged by abortions, because they just had to get laid, that they will never be able to know the joy of being a parent.

IMO if you are unable to man up to the consequenses that go along with sex, then do yourself and humanity a favor and never have it. God forebid you do breed and now the world is stuck with your offspring.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the citations to back the discussion.

However, its my opinion....opinion....that it doesn't matter what the bible says anyways cuz its all a bunch of propaganda created by the Catholic Church to control their blind sheep. You should be able to live your life AND worship God at the same time WITHOUT, A) Going to church, B) Reading the Bible and C) Bieng "Saved." and D) Fornicating before marriage.

I don't know about all of you, but I personally don't like an outside party putting rules and regulations on how I manage my personal relationship with my God, as long as what I do doesn't infringe upon the God given rights of any other person. And sex before marriage has nothing to do with anything if you ask me. As long as you're bieng responsible and preventing the premature birth of your child before you're ready for it, then go ahead and smash that girl out. After all, if you are both consenting, and you're both resposible and taking preventative measures, then why not have a little fun?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Its whats in your heart - not on paper.

A life lived in hell, with no learning from experience - yet you have a paper, doesnt show spiritual growth...it shows stubbornness.

The paper does not make or break you - its what comes out of your heart, as Jesus put it.
Sure for structure and control this idea doesnt work. But then again, Jesus didnt come along to reinforce structures, he actually came to shake them up and show them for the stories that they are.

Peace

dAlen

- one can debate all they want, but what comes from the heart...well, it is as it is.

Again, while stuck in duality...or the belief that only your side of the coin exist - you can argue until the cows come home.

But do you want to live in argument or live in practicality. (life)

[edit on 20-5-2008 by dAlen]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Dear Mr. Pro life…..

If abortions were illegal the latest rape victim would be forced to have the rapist’s baby…..If you want to go back and live in the middle ages that’s fine by me, but please keep your ignorance to yourself…

[edit on 20-5-2008 by andre18]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
If you beleive in the bible that is ones choice but what harm is "try before you buy".

Did Adam and Eve marry before they had sex or did God just take one of their ribs and turn it into a child.

I always wanted to ask this question. If Adam and Eve where the first 2 on earth then does that not make all of us inbreds? I thought this a non no in the bible and chruch?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Dear Mr. Pro life…..

If abortions were illegal the latest rape victim would be forced to have the rapist’s baby…..If you want to go back and live in the middle ages that’s fine by me, but please keep your ignorance to yourself…

so you are saying that if your father is a bad person, you dont have the right to live?

would you like to be put to death because of who your father is?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join