It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday - Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Slight spoiler warning about minor plot elements (oh what the hell, this movie doesn't even have a plot!)

Think Mad Max meets 28 Days Later meets I Am Legend. Couple that with a horrible plot, horrible acting and horrible ending and you have possibly the strangest movie i have ever seen.

It has it's fair share of star power (Rhona Mitra, Bob Hoskins, Malcolm McDowell) but they were completely wasted on a waste-of-time movie.

I am a HUGE, CRAZY FAN of the post-apocalypse genre, and it pains me to see a movie that tries to squash all the elements of the genre into one film. They couldn't rest on just having a survival-horror style movie about surviving the virus, no, they had to include medieval knights, cochney-punk road gangs and corrupt politicians.

The movie starts so promisingly as well, with scenes reminiscent of the wave of people trying to escape onto the barge in War of the Worlds or over the bridge on Cloverfield, but then it spirals into a world so fantastic that it loses the element of human nature-gone bad and simply replaces it with random madmen with cleavers and the occasional mohawk.

If you are die hard fan of the genre, or simply want to watch another hour and 30 mins of Rhona Mitra on screen then go for it, but you've been warned.

CAST: ***
PLOT: *
DIRECTION: **
VISUALS: ***

Overall: ** 1/2 stars.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Great review and thanks!!

I don't need to waste my time/$$ on another lame movie.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
"I am a HUGE, CRAZY FAN of the post-apocalypse genre, and it pains me to see a movie that tries to squash all the elements of the genre into one film".

"it spirals into a world so fantastic that it loses the element of human nature-gone bad"

"possibly the strangest movie i have ever seen."

Using your own words I have just outlined why I think it rocks so hard.

STYLE: *****

join