It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Has Lofty Goals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Actually didnt they vandalise two of your trees, with another shrub decomposing of its own accord? Though in all fairness, your neighbour and his neighbour on the other side did shelter the hoodlums. Then again I heard that you trained and fed them

I stand corrected- its now this thread which contains the most metaphors on the whole of ATS!

[edit on 20-5-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

semperfortis will wonder where his thread has gone.

Anyway...

...they didnt only vandalize my trees, they destroyed them. I hear all these theories about who destroyed them but since I cant track down who is responsible Im just gonna not let many people into my home anymore.

I´ll do it like that swiss couple across the street. They pretty much keep to themselves except for the banking business they do for the entire neighbourhood.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
A populace that wants to be lied to is the other side.

Oh man .. you are so right. People are hungry for change and along comes someone with the right rhetoric and BOOM they vote for him - even though he is just like the rest of the politicians.

You are SO RIGHT Skyfloating!

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Then again I heard that you trained and fed them

Yes .. all out of being 'nice' and 'appeasing' them. So much for that, eh?

Build the darn wall around the garden. Let the neighbors wallow in their own weeds and cesspooled yards. If they fight over their scaps of land ... let them. It doesn't concern us with our beautiful walled in garden that only has visitors if we wish.

Someday those with gardens full of weeds and prickers might actually tire of it and start cleaning up their own gardens. If others constantly do it for them, then they will have no pride in their own work and they will have no ownership of the garden.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
ON TOPIC - John McCain

This story states that John McCain is accused of improperly taking $$$ donations from the Rothchilds. Can we spell N-W-O??

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Actually it wasnt so much appeasement as it was to get them to throw eggs at the Red brick house across the street

Ok thats enough with the metaphors I think!

Naturally I agree with your non-interventionist viewpoint. And I too view Switzerland's policy as being the pinnacle of intelligence.

Liberals will be quick to pounce on the fact that Switzerland was neutral in WW2... however do I need to remind them of the immense good that having a neutral country did for the Allies? Injured and downed allied soldiers often infiltrated enemy lines and reached the safe haven of Switzerland.

I find Switzerland's approach near-perfect on many counts, to many issues. I would gladly live there... but they heavily control immigration of course
Good for them, at least they shall keep their country on track amidst the chaos of the EU surrounding them.

What was this thread's original point about anyway?! Ive totally forgotten... sorry Semper!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ON TOPIC - John McCain

This story states that John McCain is accused of improperly taking $$$ donations from the Rothchilds. Can we spell N-W-O??

There is very good reason that John "Keating Five" McCain is still around and actually has a shot at the White House.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
There is very good reason that John "Keating Five" McCain is still around and actually has a shot at the White House.

Speaking of Keating Five - www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wrote up a fairly good thread on it.
No one commented.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry FF, my post seems to have been the kiss of death. Too bad really, I was hoping to see where that thread on McCain would take us....

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Poor leadership can lead the best of ideas astray . American voters have to decided if McCain is the same quality as Bush . One should always secure there own backyard and be selective of there targets . There is no use fighting a war if you don't gain anything .

Myself even thou I have issues with McCain stance on Iraq I still judge him to be a better quality leader then Bush and his fellow Republicans . McCain woke up to the Rumsfeld disaster long before any of his fellow Republicans did . IMO McCain is less ideologically driven then Bush and co .

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Its not difficult to be better than Bush, imo.

But to be honest, I think that the natural flow of things has it that after two republican terms there will be a democrat term. Id be surprised if McCain wins the election.

But in the thread context I liked his emphasis on "I will admit to mistakes". Thats a desperately needed trait in a politician.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That's a great analogy.

I hope that you continue the effort with your "neighbor" next door, as well as you're "friends" all the way on the other side of town.

As for McCain ... I think he's a little too old and much too confused on where he stands on issues to attract my vote. I have a conservative way of thinking, so McCain is not a good fit for me. He needs to get the Double Talk express back on track and find out where it's heading if he has any hopes of keeping the Republicans in the White House.

Seeing that Ron Paul won't be given a speaking role at the National Convention and is now practically null as a candidate, my vote will go to the Democrats. At least they're not pretending to be liberal ... like McCain pretends to be conservative.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
But in the thread context I liked his emphasis on "I will admit to mistakes". Thats a desperately needed trait in a politician.

Then he needs to admit his vote to support this war was major mistake.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Then he needs to admit his vote to support this war was major mistake

Not if "HE" does not consider it a mistake.

I sure don't.

It is one solid reason I am behind him 100%

Semper

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Even if he wins the presidency he will most likely face a veto proof Democratic congress... but I doubt that he will ever get that far. Too many on the right would rather vote for someone else, including Obama over him.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Your prediction aside, what we are currently seeing come to pass is the Dems fighting so savagely, that many are attesting to vote for McCain if "their" candidate loses at the DNC...

Looks like Rush's ploy is working both ways.

If your correct, Conservatives will vote Obama/Hillary and if I am, Libs will vote McCain. What a weird election.

My prediction is this...

With all the infighting, racists allegations and sexist accusations, McCain will have a walk in the park in the General.

Semper

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

After this bloodbath I seriously doubt that Obama will go with Clinton after what can only be called her unseemly behavior. I have never seen 2 candidates from the same party go after each other the way these two have.

It would not surprise me one iota if she at least threatened an independent run to try and frighten delegates her way.

If McCain chooses Romney he will lose because the right, and especially the religious right, already unhappy with McCain will never agree to a Mormon VP... especially considering McCain's age.

Also unlike you Semper, the majority of Americans are sick of this war and won't put up with another 5 years.

Also with the economy nosediving... no matter how you cut it, it doesn't look good for the Republicans this year, and many of them in office are saying so.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

And as usual Grover,

We have diametrically opposing opinions on just about everything.

But I was unclear apparently on one thing. I was not suggesting Obama and Hillary would run together, OH NO!!! I was saying that with their infighting, most Libs are actually stating they will either vote independent or Republican. Heck, I'd vote for Hitler over either of them now that they have shown their true colors.

Is Hitler running? I really don't care for McCain either, but if one of the Dems gets in, it's "GOOD BYE USA"

Maybe I'll write you in Grover, would you mind?

Semper

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Oh I am far more liberal than they are...

Actually Semper I have been saying this for some time now that it really doesn't matter who gets the presidency because if they have gotten that far then they have the backing of the status quo and consequently are not about to rock the boat.

The odds that a real maverick from either the left or the right gaining power in this country are laughable.

On a personal note Semper... the VA has approved a knee replacement for me and it is scheduled for 11/10/07... And since it is a military related injury that I am collecting disability for (30%) that means a temp. 100% for me for 13 months afterwards + my social security disability.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by grover]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join