It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Build a Human Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

How to Build a Human Bomb

www.informationclearinghouse.info

In reading the histories of Guantanamo Bay, and of the kidnappings, extrajudicial detention and torture the US government (helped by the United Kingdom) has pursued around the world, two things become clear. The first is that these practices do not supplement effective investigation and prosecution; they replace them. Instead of a process which generates evidence, assesses it and uses it to prosecute, the US has deployed a process which generates nonsense and is incapable of separating the guilty from the innocent. The second is that far from protecting innocent lives, this process is likely to deliver further atrocities. Even if you put the ethics of such treatment to one side, it is surely evident that it makes the world more dangerous.

POSTSCRIPT: A few hours after this column went to press, the charges against Mohammed al-Qahtani were dropped, as the evidence extracted from him through torture turned out, unsurprisingly, to be worthless.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I remember someone asking a couple of weeks ago why so many of us were against torture, so I thought this would make a good answer to that person and to anyone else who believes that torture is an effective policy for a democratic goverenment.

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have to say this is a pretty good thread even with the controversial topic and title. This is called inducing Posttraumatic Stress Disorder which makes Me wonder if this has been the United States Government or the military industrial complex's original or detrimentally stupid byproduct to begin with. People, put under extreme stress and or duress will do almost anything at the slightest inducement after something like this happens to them. Whether they were a good person or not to begin with is irrelevant in this particular case.

Something could happen that makes them remember being tortured in a prison cell, like for instance the smell of feces when they go in a public restroom, and they go get their handgun or hunting rifle and either go rob a bank or find a clocktower and begin sniping people off one by one. Kind of like the incident in 1987 here in Florida where William Cruse went ballistic and began shooting people at will. His wires were not all connecting in his brain and I'm sure the taunting of the neighborhood kids did not help him any. I still remember to this day hearing about this incident on the news for years as we had been in that area sometime earlier that day.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sorry for the title. I was just using the title of the article. However, I think it's important that we start to take notice of what our government is doing in the name of security. We are not any safer; actually, we are worse off than we were before. We are giving the terrorists reasons for their recruitment purposes. It's not too difficult to make the jump from torture to the next terrorist attack. The question is whether we will realize the damage we have done or be sheeple and believe the lies of the administration again.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125
Sorry for the title. I was just using the title of the article. However, I think it's important that we start to take notice of what our government is doing in the name of security. We are not any safer; actually, we are worse off than we were before. We are giving the terrorists reasons for their recruitment purposes. It's not too difficult to make the jump from torture to the next terrorist attack. The question is whether we will realize the damage we have done or be sheeple and believe the lies of the administration again.

I wasn't too worried about the title. It's just one of those "red-flags" the Government watches for.

I have little to nothing to worry about since I've known My entire life I was being watched. I've been watching right back.

They do not generally like that when you stare them down.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I have little to nothing to worry about since I've known My entire life I was being watched. I've been watching right back.

They do not generally like that when you stare them down.

Well, you're probably one up on me. I just started learning all of this in the last year or so. I knew that we were going down a dangerous path, but I didn't realize how dangerous it really was until more recently.

But I'm with you on staring them down. I have contingency plans in the event that they attempt to come after me for whatever reason. With the story of 27,000 people being detained overseas, I would not be surprised if some of those were just "subversive" Americans.

new topics

top topics

join