It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Free Speech Doesn't Come Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

When Free Speech Doesn't Come Free

www.globalresearch.ca

Furthermore, the condemnation writers and intellectuals of Arab descent face are invariably higher than Jews of conscience, former presidents, and highly regarded academics. As a result, many writers often acquiesce to the demands of the mainstream. Their self-censorship usually appears in the form of “toning down the message,” be it to please editors or critics—essentially to conform to the reality of purported pragmatism. Yet, this “pragmatism” is a euphemism for acceptance of a repressive status quo and is analogous to the “necessary” practical thinking that silenced a multitude of commentators during the Oslo years—the supposed time of peace.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Honestly, I've never given much credence to the idea that the American government's collusion with Israel had a lot bearing on the current state in which we find ourselves; however, this article makes me question that assumption. Why is Israel so protected? I have an understanding of why we have never attacked Saudi Arabia (despite the fact that they are the leading sponsors of terrorist organizations like Al-Qaide), but I don't understand what significance Israel holds in the world theater. I guess I've got some reading to do, huh?

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I would think that one reason is governments and people keep trying to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Alot of us, me included, would be very pissed off should that start to happen again. Regardless of the past colonial problems with that area of the world, They are also a peoples that have been there for centuries and should be allowed to stay. Read Leon Uris's book ' The Haj '. It gives a good background albite in a story of what actualy happened to the so called Palestinians and how all the rest of the Arab nations ignored them and caused most of the problems themselves.

Zindo

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Regardless of the politcal overtones, Free Speech is not free. It was paid for and defended in blood by many

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Regardless of the politcal overtones, Free Speech is not free. It was paid for and defended in blood by many

Of course, free speech isn't free, but it shouldn't be something that we are punished for or ousted for, simply because it goes against our government's favorite underdog.

new topics

top topics

join