It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Wiggles cursed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Something that has just occurred to me while watching the Wiggles with my kids.

So far a number of those who have worked with or for that matter as the Wiggles have come to some degree of grief in recent times.

Slim Dusty, Steve Irwin and John Field Snr. Have all died, (Unfortunately Rolf Harris is still alive which is probably part of the curse
)

Greg Wiggle now suffers from a mystery fatigue illness and has since quit, Anthony Wiggle has depression.

Each time they tour there is always one of them who is absent due to an illness or broken bone.

On top of this, some of the venues they have used like Australia’s Wonder Land where they did a lot of filming has been closed down, Australia Zoo is now going through tough times with tax issues and court cases.

The Wiggles themselves have even taken to traveling in different planes and busses in the event of an accident.

KTK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I love ATS........

They have been around a while with no incidents, infact they were almost blessed with luck early on. Maybe its evened out?

You forgot Paul Hester topped himself. Fruit salad yummy yummy

There are alot of deaths surrounding them, moral of that story, dont appear in a wiggles video

[edit on 19-5-2008 by KTK]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Between my two kids,i have had to suffer The Wiggles for the last 6 years!
I know that i curse them under my breath everytime i have to endure them!

KTK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You may have accidently answered the threads question with that response.

Im an oldskool wiggle ma, you could see them in a hall for $10 back then. Since then they have had masses of exposure to people which means more people think about them. Some of those thoughs arn't all that positive with the annoyance factor and tall poppy syndrome.

Just trying to find a reason cause its darn strange. Millions of people flying poop at you has got to have some effect.

Scobro cursed the wiggles !!!!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have a strange feeling that I should be proud or myself for having to ask this, but who/what are the wiggles?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You lucky bugger!!
They are the single most poular childrens group in the world. They sing and dance and thier songs are painfully catchy. My wife and I have found ourselves singing the songs even when the kids are not about.

[url=www.thewiggles.com.au]The Wiggles[url]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Oh Lawd (said in my best southern accent).

I never ever thought I would see the Wiggles mentioned on ATS. Now, I think I can say "Ive seen it all".
Im so glad that it is never on during the day now anymore. Thank the Lawd.

I think the only conspiracy is that they somehow manage to get people to actually go to their shows.

"toot toot, chugga, chugga, big red car"

Now, I know there must be a real conspiracy behind YO GABA GABA

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Wiggles on youtube

[edit on 20-5-2008 by hoppy]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My uncle was actually going to be the 5th wiggle.
I ain't #tin you he went to school with 2 of them and thought it was the stupidest idea he had heard of boy is he regretting it now.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
one of the wiggles lives on my girlfriends street. But since they live in the rich housing area there has been quite a few house robbings.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Dont get me started on Yo Gaba Gaba. It is a spoonerism for Go Yaba Yaba referencing the methamphetamine or "crazy medicine"...

Do you forget Dora also copped a shilacking here....

Besides if John Lennon was bumped of by the Beatles or Steve Irwin can get assasinated by a trained killer stingray anything is possible.....maybe?

[edit on 20/5/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think Yo Gabba Gabba is a direct result of H.R. Puffinstuff doing ecstacy...or somethin'.

As for the Wiggles...it does seem sort of tragic. The next big phenom is the Imagination Movers...they really are good.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

LOL hahahahahahha
WIGGLES ARE CURSED
wake up jeff!!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I think Yo Gabba Gabba is a direct result of H.R. Puffinstuff doing ecstacy...or somethin'.

First time I saw Yo Gabba Gabba, I thought it was a welfare version of Sesame Street.

I think the real conspiracy is whatever is behind shows like Boobah and In the Night Garden. Either those brits are brainwashing our kids, or their heads of children's programming do waaaaaaay too much acid.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I actually saw Y.G.G. for the first time on the weekend. It was on as I was flicking so I thought I would see what the fuss was about.

OMFG! I think it has a very important message for the kids as it shows what can happen to you if you do hard drugs…..What’s with the dude in the fuzzy orange hat? !?!?

I really think it is a result of Go Yaba Yaba as I mentioned earlier.

What is yaba?
Yaba is a combination of methamphetamine (a powerful and addictive stimulant) and caffeine. Yaba, which means crazy medicine in Thai, is produced in Southeast and East Asia. The drug is popular in Asian communities in the United States and increasingly is available at raves and techno parties.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I hope so (sorry to all the fans out there)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
im not even a parent, if i have to endure capt feather sword one more time !!!!!

damn neices and nephews !!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

Go Captain Go! Go Captain Feathersword Ahoy!!!

He is actually my favorite. P!55 funny live. (Yes I've been to a few shows. With 5 kids, how could I not)

I just heard Leo Sayer features on the current album. If the curse was ever going to strike please be now!!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
IAs for the Wiggles...it does seem sort of tragic. The next big phenom is the Imagination Movers...they really are good.

Are you really trying to compare "I want my mommy, I miss my daddy, but I'm stuck inside my bed at night"

to

"Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red car"?

I digress....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I hold my hands up and take full responsibility for their misfortunes!

All those years of cursing my antipodean relatives for sending the videos over and I must have misdirected my thoughts. The relatives live in blissful good health while the Wiggles suffer!

top topics

join