It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Mig 21 pilot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I saw this on google and after a quick search on the forums I found no topics about this.

Apparently the MIG was shot down afterwards, but this says alot about Russian engineering and what someone is willing to do when they are fighting for their life. I thought what this pilot did was admirable and I, in the Israeli pilot's place, would have allowed the Egyptian pilot to live after pulling off something so incredible. What do you guys think??

[edit on 5/19/2008 by 3vilscript]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I probably would have blown him out of the sky the first chance I got. The guy got extremely lucky with the split-s manuever done at such a low altitude, but given that this is war and that other pilot is my enemy, and he is trying to kill my as much as I am trying to kill him, just letting him go only to potentially kill me or my friends tomorrow is out of the question. I will grant you that it is a very chivalrous notion but I would have to shake that idea off and put him in the sand.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Awesome find! Star for you.

I love these Dogfight series on the History Channel. Heck, I love the History Channel.

If it was me, I'd blown the Egyptian pilot out of the sky. Fighter pilots quickly learn when they get into dogfights, focus on your target and take it down. Just don't get sight-locked.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Reminds me of this:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20/5/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I saw this awhile ago. As happens a lot of the times the issue that kills the pilot in a dogfight is that he lost his energy here. Right after this clip ends the Egyptian pilot is gunned down by Giora Epstein. Epstein was behind the plane after he completed the split S and while Stunned still took the kill.

You ask if I would of pulled the trigger and I would have to echo the previous poster and a number of fighter pilots when they say "If you don't today, tomorrow he will."

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah, who said that Arabs can't fly? Or - was this a Russian exchange pilot?!? Ooohh. Stay TUNED!

new topics

top topics

join