It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Uniter now has the Native Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
I'm getting soooo tired of listening to this guy trying to play the race card all the time. After all he's half white, half black.

I'm 1/8 Choctaw if it matters anyway.

It does. Thanks for your post!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Why would it matter. Native Americans don't look at fractions or percents, you either "are" or "aren't" Saying your great grandmother was a Cherokee princess, which I hear alot, or that that you are 1/8 anything matters not a whit, you either are or are not. Simple as that. As for Obama, he talks, sys words the crowd wants to hear, then moves on and says different words another crowd wants to hear. Same with Billery and McCain and all politicians. They are more loyal to their party an handlers than they are to the people they are to serve.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribblebut in light of some of his recent statements over the last few weeks the man is an idiot. guess you cant fake it forever..

More like ya' can't keep an ear piece in at all times to be given answers thru.

These people they are parading in front of us are all worthless to the average American. When will people wake up to this? Speaking/typing about any of these candidates is simply a waste of time and energy.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
reply to post by bigbert81

Ahaha! job well done. I support obama all the way, i think he will bring this country back from death.

I could not agree with you more. I cannot wait for his healthcare system to be shoved down my throat. I mean, why have a choice? This is America. The land of no choices. Who wants a choice... And it will be affordable to everyone, we will just further tax the middle class, no problem. There is nothing like expanding the size of government and raising taxes. What a bliss it will be once he takes office. I often lay awake at night dreaming of giving amnesty to the illegals here that are leaching on our society. The great uniter... he will truly unite Americans and more taxes.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zodgilla60

Ron Paul is loyal to the people and to The Constitution. He is one candidate you can proudly vote for, knowing that he is not your average polititian.

KTK

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
reply to post by KTK

We are to afraid to try an assasination anymore, even the most passionate american is to afraid to rebel angainst the government.

It will be someone with three names, as it always is.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It's pretty simple really, and I think it will be "try something new" that swings the vote in the fall.

McCain is just more tried and failed GOP BS. I'm not against him because of his party, I think the party system sucks. But with him, nothing can change because he can't see anything different to do about anything. With him you have four more years just like the last eight. He's wore out, and just pulling in the harness like an old workhorse that knows nothing else to do. The GOP is dying on it's feet, and has failed to live up to so much, no one trusts them anymore.

Clinton frightens people. Under the careful speeches and the "just right" caring mask, people can see that it's the power she wants, more than anything else. She didn't get what she feels is the respect due her when Bill had the presidency, and she damn well intends to make the world sit up and pay attention to her now. It's all about her. She's the poster child for narcissism.

Obama isn't much of a prize himself, what with trying to be all things to all people, but that trait is just the nature of the beast we call politics. He has brought along enough baggage to load a train, and he doesn't seem to know how to cut loose from it without looking like he's betraying his friends.

But in the end, baggage and all, he is seen as the best chance this country has to try and get a grip on the future. While he may have some political debt, it's nothing like the other two. He's young enough not to be solidified in only one way of thinking, and less of a "cold fish" to most people than Clinton.

When the choices are limited to these, most people will opt for an unknown over tried failures. (And too many see Clinton's failure at health care reform as just that, plus she couldn't control Bill, so how can they expect her to control the presidency?)

My old Pappy used to say"When you've tried everything else, and it didn't work, try something crazy. What do you have to lose at that point?" Our country can't survive another four years of rich Republican rule, nor another Clinton era of lies and war. (Not to mention the number of people who see this as another term for Bill to have his oar in the political water.)

The only thing left is try an unknown quality. The Dems have no choice but to get behind Obama for the nomination in hopes of not being dragged down with Clinton, and against Mccain he'll have a landslide.

It may not be pretty, but it's the only game in town where the average person stands a chance of being any better off four years from now. And most people know it, even if they don't admit it out loud.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I am answering you AAC reluctantly, because I think you know better.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I wonder if the future will cause you to eat crow?

I reference the mistakes he has already made. As to the future, I acknowledge anything is possible.

One question, what is your leading motivation for thinking Obama is full of #?

Pedestals are dangerous things for everyone involved, they even make a smart discerning guy question the purpose of balance.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

Hmmm, am I missing something here?

You do know that it's Hillary who wants to mandate health care, not Obama? Obama only wants to mandate it on children, which I don't really have a problem with, since they don't really have an option.

[edit on 5/20/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
It went forever, and is what caused him to put me on his 'ignore list', because I tore him up in his own thread. He can't read a word I'm posting right now. It's great.

Dream on.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Oh, wow, you've taken me off your ignorance....umm...I mean ignore list!

Yay!

Now I can ATTEMPT to have a reasonable debate with you (but I'm not holding my breath).

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Did you hear John Mayer's hit single, "Brevity." I mean... "Gravity."

So you really have no other reason than a hunch? I truthfully can't register a sinister quality about the dude. That's me anyway.

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Now I can ATTEMPT to have a reasonable debate with you

You are welcome to. You can start by explaining why you find criticism of Obama unbearable.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Same goes for AAC.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

It went forever, and is what caused him to put me on his 'ignore list', because I tore him up in his own thread. He can't read a word I'm posting right now. It's great.

Dream on.

This is so great. People actually say these things in real life?
Somebody call mastercard, because this is priceless.

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by SteveR

Same goes for AAC.

I am welcome to what?

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Now I can ATTEMPT to have a reasonable debate with you

You are welcome to. You can start by explaining why you find criticism of Obama unbearable.

I don't find criticism of him unbearable, it's the TYPE of criticism I've been seeing strewn around here.

People either accusing him of being the antichrist, or a Muslim with intentions on destroying the US. It's quite frankly, a joke.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i think he wants you to try and have a nice clean debate with him.

steveR i can tell you why i find obama bashing unbearable. because there is seriously no point to it. this thread for instance was started to bash obama for making peace with the long forgotten native american tribes of america and for some reason Obama is wrong for making peace with them.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

People either accusing him of being the antichrist, or a Muslim with intentions on destroying the US. It's quite frankly, a joke.

It's not a joke. It is admittedly extreme. And I understand it can be deeply insulting when you support and like the guy, and want others to do the same. I still do not share your faith in him, but I have toned down my opposition.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Stop. Your posts are getting painfully lame.

Work on what you are missing and you will see things you never saw before.

Then I hope we can comprehend on the same level.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join