It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice: FBI flagged mistreatment of detainees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Justice: FBI flagged mistreatment of detainees

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - FBI agents raised concerns about U.S. interrogators mistreating terror detainees in Iraq and Afghanistan and at Guantanamo Bay during the three years after Sept. 11 but in some cases were slow to report it, an upcoming Justice Department report concludes.

Additionally, in a few isolated cases, FBI agents did not immediately withdraw when they witnessed harsh treatment of detainees who were being questioned, according to two law enforcement officials familiar with the report.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I hope these people gets what's coming to them. The CIA, and the rest of the government is corrupt and need to be taken care of. And they wonder why the rest of the world hates us.

Thoughts? Comments?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yes the miss treatment of prisoners should stop. It is in human, they should not be treated that way even though they may not act like humans. However, there are plenty worse monsters out there. So if you want to do finger pointing there are many more who are much worse to be pointing a finger at.

HIS HAIR is cropped short. Half his teeth have been knocked out, his face is battered and the eyes sunken and haunted-looking. His chest is covered with 50 separate cuts from a knife, his back has even more marks, which he says are cigarette burns. Two of his fingers were broken and deliberately bent into a permanent, contorted position and there’s a hole in the middle of his palm where his torturers stabbed him and twisted the blade.
sorce

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

After reading that, I think it's easy to say that our torture is nothing compared to what Saddam had going on. But torture is torture. Harming people should not be the ways of the "greatest nation on Earth".

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Wise
I agree with what you said up to the last four words.
Harming people should not be the way of "any nation on earth"

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I agree with that. I wasn't trying to say that others should do it. I was just saying that it's a little ironic for a country that stands for peace and justice to be involved in something so inhumane.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I came across this today.

The FBI did not participate in harsh interrogations of suspected terrorists detained in Guantanamo Bay, Afghanistan, or Iraq, a Justice Department investigation released Tuesday said.

The investigation also concluded that the bureau generally reported potentially illegal actions by the CIA and Defense Department.

cnn

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Do you believe that to be true?

top topics

join