It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinct gene brought back to life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

I do not doubt that what you are saying may well be true, and i am curious to know what makes you believe with such admirable assuredness that this is the case?

No doubt none of us should assume to know the truth of this matter.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
While this is a stunning advancement make no mistake, the biological implications Jurassic Park makes are fantasies.

Have a good read of this:en.wikipedia.org...

Bringing extinct organisms back to life is well beyond the realm of possibility currently.

This is no doubt a step in that direction though true? A pretty amazing one.

At the very least, this potentially could lead to say introducing the gene for the strength of a brontosaurus into another animal which is not extinct.......some amazing possibilities....but yes, at the moment just possibilities.....

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

Nice post duff

A great source to have a look at...Much better than most of the crap people post to this place...

Good job

Peace

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Rilence]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by the titor experience

It's all an inevitable lead up.

The same way military tech. is far beyond what we currently can imagine.

I don't know "for fact", so classify me under assumption. I've not seen these things first hand, so you're correct in your analysis of myself.

Of the things that I know and the way that my mind personally works, I gaurantee that I could bring back an extinct gene in my lifetime if I made it my goal. Currently it is not my goal. I may be subdued by its genetic attractions in the future. It's undoubtedly fascinating to the mind of a perverted citizen, or should we say scientist.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I find it redicilous how much media attention this is getting.. After all, its not really something new. When they actually got the entire genome ready, *then* its something. But a single gene. Meh.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The rate of advancement has nothing to do with Roswell. WE have been advancing at a rapid rate since the dawn of the industrial revolution. In 1765 Arkwright invented the Spinning Jenny, at that time people were weaving cloth by hand and spinning wool the same way. In 1779 Crompton inventend the mule which automated spinning and weaving and in that same year the first steam powered mill opened. Within a space of 14 years man went from weaving in his home to working on mass in huge factories where every process of the cloth making procedure was automated. I am sure that in that year people thought that we was progressing to fast. Another example is that at the start of the first world war the allies were using horse power on the battlefield four years later the tank was king.
What I am saying is that what we see happening today is simply an extension of the progress that has been speeding onwards since the eighteenth century. We have seen the birth of the silicon chip and all of the advances made through that invention and now we are turning our attention to biology. Yes we are moving fast but it is all through our own innovation.
I am not saying that Roswell never happened (Something happened there) but if we did find something in that desert we would need the raw materials to recreate it. So maybe we got some ideas from the crashed craft but there is no way that we could copy it exactly. And while we was attempting to make our own version of that tech using the technology that we already posses then progress marches on

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
yeah that's great and all; but maybe we should stop worrying about bringing dead species back to life and focus on keeping the ones that are still with us alive . . .

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Your statement is so true But people don't see the world the same way And that in it's self is a true shame

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Yes, could not agree with you more.

It is sad, that is not the case, though.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
yeah that's great and all; but maybe we should stop worrying about bringing dead species back to life and focus on keeping the ones that are still with us alive . . .

Surely this raises an interesting question though. If we were to lose another species of say tiger, yet had the technology to bring them back - should we?

So many questions arise.......

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

Thank you for highlighting this page. The link is: www.wherelightmeetsdark.com...

This will take you to a Google Earth tour of Tasmanian tiger sightings. It is far from complete, but will show you at least 50 sites of interest..

Chris.
www.wherelightmeetsdark.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join