It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the best MPG one can get with a "gas-guzzling" car?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, hopefully, it will soon be time for me to buy my first car. I plan to work my butt off for it, so, of course, I am thinking of buying a new car. So, here is the question for all you car experts: What is the best MPG one can get with a "gas-guzzling" car? I was thinking of the 2008 Toyota Yaris (the Sedan S version), which claims to have a 29/35 MPG rating all for about $13,725. Do any of you know of a car that is out there with a better MPG for a lesser price than this Yaris? Thanks!

[edit on 19-5-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The Smart Car.

MSRP: $11,590
33 mpg city / 41 mpg hwy

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Thanks, but, although gas prices are crazy as of late, I will not be caught dead in that thing.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Well then I would consider the Yaris because it does great gas milage and it's maker has a good reputation.

But I might take the Honda Fit over the Yaris. I was doing some checking and it seems the Yaris was doing about 10.8 sec 0-60. With a stick you can do the trick in 9.3 in the Fit.

The difference is gas mileage would be so insignificant I personally would go with some extra driving fun and get the zippier of the two.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thanks Scramjet76 for the input. I can't drive stick, so I'll probably go with the Yaris.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Check out this site:

www.fueleconomy.gov...

The Yaris and Fit are both great choices and the brand new Fit is coming out 2009!

join