It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bremer is a very bad man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I hat this *#&@@#$ guy, he should not be in charge over there. He is just another Westmoreland, or for people that do not know him the general in command durring the Vietnam War.

"U.S. administrator L. Paul Bremer had hinted he would veto conservatives' phrasing setting Islamic law as "the" main basis of law, which some feared would create an Islamic state and restrict women's rights."

What right does he have to do that! HE should be put in a hole for restricting the development of a nation and a whole people.

On a side note... wasn't he in trouble for trying to convert all of the people their to chritianity(forgive the spelling i am tired)?

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040301/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_2&printer=1

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by observer]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hey samfashow....from your article:

"U.S. administrator L. Paul Bremer had hinted he would veto conservatives' phrasing setting Islamic law as "the" main basis of law, which some feared would create an Islamic state and restrict women's rights."

Are you implying that you agree that women, in a free, democratic, Islamic Society should remain surpressed and have virtually NO rights? Seems that Bremer is saying pretty much what I mentioned above. If you hate the man for this, ahh well, I certainly can't stop that nor your underline reasons for why women, anywhere, and under any religion, should be repressed or have their rights severely restricted......

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Do you really think a democracy would work in Iraq? I dont think it would in any arab country, theres just too much intertwining(sp?) of islam for it to work. I dont agree with islamic law but it may be the only thing that will work in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by samfashow
What right does he have to do that! HE should be put in a hole for restricting the development of a nation and a whole people.

Restricting the development of a nation?
You're kidding right?

Strict Islamic law of the type advocated by the ayatollahs regresses a nation back to the Dark Ages.
Or haven't you ever heard of Iran?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This should be interesting....

Democracy has about as much chance of working in Iraq, as Paris Hilton does of flipping burgers again...

The people don't WANT democracy, as hard as that is to comprehend... They want strict heirarchy, and they've really got their work cut out for them to come up with something both acceptable to them, and to us....

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"Iraq Council Agrees on Interim Constitution"
www.reuters.com...

Excerpt:

"Agreement was finally reached at 4:20 a.m. (0120 GMT). The 25-member Council had missed a February 28 deadline to strike a deal because of divisions over the role of Islam, quotas for women in government and Kurdish demands for autonomy.

Officials and participants in the talks said the law recognized Islam as Iraq's official religion and said it would be a source of legislation but not the primary source, as had been demanded by many in Iraq's 60 percent Shi'ite majority.

A senior coalition official said the compromise "strikes the right balance" between the Islamic identity of most Iraqis and the need to enshrine freedom of religion and freedom of speech, which are protected by a bill of rights in the document.

"The language on Islam and the state effectively says that this won't compromise individual rights or democratic principles," the official said."

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Will the World Court, issue a judgement on Bremer ??

the Bush Doctrine and Mr Bremer as Occupation Over-lord...may indeed become a Nuremberg II in a future time/world line

inspite of Iraqi submissions toward an American
mandated blend of Islamic-Democracy (see above post by Seekerof)...the whole concessions issue is because
they, Iraqi people, just want the UK+US outta there,
and let them build their own governing bodies,,,
...the democrat-capitalist-oligarchy that results, will be
a headache+snakepit for the world community for years + years

[my POV only]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I would just like to know how Bremmer can veto anything. NO ONE has elected him to any office. Not the Iraqis and not us. He has too much power and the country he is supposed to be running is a shambles. Time for someone else with a little more diplomatic clout, like maybe the UN to run Iraq? I realize they aren't the greatest but still they are an "international body" and not seen as an occuping force.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well Seekerof, that's a good start...but it will last about as long as a snowball in hell.....

top topics

join