It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. Awe-Inspiring Speech. 'Fear is the Greatest Impediment to the Achievement of Peace'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

No, she is not complaining about McCain being able to speak. She is stating her opinion of the speeches he had previously given.

I've been to this rodeo before. Things are getting stretched to make them coincide with you trying to make her look like a hypocrite.

Another example was when the student was tased at the Kerry speech, and instead of looking at how the cops were instilling fear in people to keep them from talking, someone decided that the student was the one suppressing our first amendment right to free speech by talking too loudly. They were digging, just as I'm seeing here.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by wutone

No, she is not complaining about McCain being able to speak. She is stating her opinion of the speeches he had previously given.

I've been to this rodeo before. Things are getting stretched to make them coincide with you trying to make her look like a hypocrite.

Another example was when the student was tased at the Kerry speech, and instead of looking at how the cops were instilling fear in people to keep them from talking, someone decided that the student was the one suppressing our first amendment right to free speech by talking too loudly. They were digging, just as I'm seeing here.

"The senator does not reflect the ideals upon which this university was founded. Not only this -- please, not only this, but his invitation was a top-down decision that did not take into account the desires and interests of the student body on an occasion that is supposed to honor us above all and to commemorate our achievements."

This looks like an attack on the very presence of McCain and on the decision for the university for the invitation.

She does not think that McCains's speech brings honor to the ceremony.

She is saying it while McCain is in the room and after all the student "outcry" and after the official decision.

Are you sure she isn't complaining about McCain being able to speak?

It really isn't a stretch that she does not respect McCain's 1st Amendment rights because of her political beliefs.

Attacking and shouting down republicans on college campuses (campi?), along with military recruiters and conservative student clubs is perfectly "acceptable".

Whatever happened to diversity?

Oh and about the taser thing? As off topic as it is. Is shouting down an invited speaker the proper thing to do? Yea I don't like John Kerry (or tasers) either but what would give me the right to shout down his speech?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

She clearly states her opinion about the matter. What is even moe confusing, is how many of you were all for the Iranian president being able to speak, but against a man who stayed in a POW camp for some odd years>? (refusing to leave his men)
You all forget that the rest of the world is not coming with us on this KumBaiyaa mission. We are trying to change our stance when Russia, China, and a half dozen rogue nations are licking their lips. Why is it that most liberals think that if we lay down our weapons, others will as well. Are you kidding me?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I now call you out. I have reviewed your posts, and I believe that you are an Obama campaign member. I just spent the last half hour reading some of your threads, and the truth is, you are anti-christian, anti-2nd amendment, and anti-republican. You will never actually submit to a better argument, because you belong to the house of gore, which says change even if we have to lie. You sir, or miss, never really looked at both sides of any issue. This is why I hold you in contempt. Sorry I never called you out before.

This is NOT off topic, as it is related to the bias of the op.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yea, fear is certainly part of it. Plenty of things to fear. Rather worthless to fear, as far as I see it. All that fear keeps you away from experiencing life. As it's said destiny meets you on the path you avoid to take it. Memento mori. Your time will come no matter what you do to try and avoid it. Hopefully you didn't spend most of that time in fear of what could end your life, and actually enjoyed your life instead.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Wow, this is one of the most interesting posts I've ever gotten.

*Applause*

Perhaps, my friend, you should read MORE of my posts and threads, because you seem to have me wrong.

I am NOT anti-2nd amendment, I even state that I dislike that about Obama in the Obama gun thread going around here somewhere.

I am NOT anti-Christian, I am anti-organized religion, I've made a thread called 'What the world needs is less religion and more humanitarians...desperately'. Feel free to check it out.

And, I am NOT anti-Republican, I actually consider myself to be right down the middle of the road as far as left vs. right, liberal vs. conservative, and dem vs. rep. I am most certainly against the most recent Republican party, ie McCain and Bush, but I have clearly stated several times that my favorite candidate is Ron Paul.

It feels kind of good to have someone 'call me out', mean my posts are getting read. Thanks, and keep on reading, you seem to have the wrong impression about me.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Great vid toreishi! Even more reasons to be very,very afraid of a McCain presidency and more than enough reason for anyone to discount his honesty, be that college student or senior citizen.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

She is a woman, but a "buck" woman at W-1 rank. Her opinions will mean more in about ten years.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the big deal is with this. This is OLD news. This speech was made in 2006, That's 2006 and made the New York Times when it happened.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You're typical neoCon warmongering Republican imperialist.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It looks like this girl was a good little student of her college indoctrination. Right, there's no reason to fear anybody. Maybe we should drop her off in Iraq and let her tell us about her experience.

Naive doesn't begin to describe this world view. Maybe dangerously naive.

Listen to her words, and then watch this video of a 17-year old Iraqi girl getting stoned to death by a group of men, and see if you can come to any other conclusion:

[edit on 2-6-2008 by jamie83]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join