It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming/Astral Projection and the Deceased

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, as most of you know I've been quite an avid lucid dreamer and astral explorer for quite some time now. The only real difference between the two in my opinion is the lucid dream is initiated during a dream, while the astral projection actually happens when I consciously roll, fall, or float out of my body until completely separated. Both experiences allow for the same types of activities, although the lucid dreams I end up in a already ongoing dream and astral projection I end up next to my bed in my room.

Now here is my question.

I recently and always will have a older brother who passed away at the young age of twenty five. This was about three weeks ago and I have promised myself the next time I find myself out of body or in a dream, I would make it a point to talk to him if possible.

This happened last night during a series of out of body events. Including a few astral firsts.

Some of the astral firsts that happened were as follows:

Demonic assault while still in my room, something was on my back trying to strangle me. I'm thankful I have total control over these experiences or this could have been a very traumatic event.

Seeing another being in MY body in MY bed. It was talking to me, almost mocking that he took control while I was outside. I could see my parents talking to it while I was trying to convince them that I was the real me and to wake me up. Very odd again but more on the side of a lucid dream.

Travelled to Area 51, or at least thats what I asked myself to do. I have no idea why this even popped up but I did go underground. It was extremely odd - no I did not see any aliens, or even rooms. The best I can say is almost like looking under a microscope with certain cells floating around in a liquid. Very odd, no idea why this was what it was.

Showing people in my dream that I am dreaming by performing telekenetic powers such as lifting up tables, chairs, and so on with my mind. Also, I noticed a difference in gravity to even more so prove such a claim, almost like jumping on the moon.

And lastly, this was the first time I talked with my brother posthumously. I asked him certain questions about how he died (the death certificate is still pending so soon I will be able to confirm this), if he is in heaven or hell (the answer was neither in case you were wondering), and some other personal questions as well as random talk.

Has anyone else had experience with such things? Even if its all in my head and not possible, it was still quite an experience. This was all over the course of about four or five separate lucid/astral accounts. Some were initiated while dreaming, others were initiated from a sleep paralysis mode by sliding out of my body. Thanks for reading!

[edit on 19-5-2008 by deadline527]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have been reading about lucid dreaming for around 9 years. Had a few not as much as I like, cause of insomnia and long time to learn and train self to record dreams. I had this one dream not lucid where was at a neighboring town I saw a childhood freind of mine, who had died (suicide). He looked really pale and his lips were moving but I couldnt here what he was saying. I kept asking "what" but no coherent response.
I analyzed this dream the location stores near by names what the symbolism of the entire dream meant. They think that every dream can be a play your subconcoius arranges. I have also read about 2 people both meeting each other in a lucid dream and next day both talked about being there and what happened in dream. One of the reasons I was so intriqued by dreams is that it is uncharted terrain the human mind, psychology, dreams that are still unknown why we dream, recover past memories or remember plays you star in or your mind creates or lucid awake in dream like video games or enviroments in mind you travel in interact with. The book is "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge Ph.D. if your interested in reading it best book I ever read about dreams. Must have read most of it 10 times years ago 313 pages.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Wow, your lucky to lucid dream AND astrally project. Or just very skilled.

I think AP would be really cool, since you can supposedly go anywhere you want to, but lucid dreaming is just an environment made up in your mind (but that would still be really neat too)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

Wow, your lucky to lucid dream AND astrally project. Or just very skilled.

I think AP would be really cool, since you can supposedly go anywhere you want to, but lucid dreaming is just an environment made up in your mind (but that would still be really neat too)

I'd say more on the luck part, but I have become extremely good at noticing certain triggers that induce both the lucid dream or the ability to go out of body. I'm not sure why, but I know when I'm dreaming quite often, multiple times a night sometimes, due to certain sensations, locations, and abilities. If I am in a dream where I'm flying, *click* I know I'm dreaming, or if I see someone I know who passed away *click* I know I'm dreaming. It's actually pretty cool to tell the people in your dream, "Hey, don't you realize this is a dream?". I remember my dreams very vividly every night, even if they are not lucid and I think that may have a lot to do with it. I also tell myself I will be conscious in my dream before I go to sleep and that helps. Most of the time it happens is early in the morning and not at night.

A few things that differentiate the astral from lucid dreaming are..

being able to see through my eyelids,
sleep paralysis or very limited movement as a catalyst to exit,
loud noise like a train running directly through my room,
sounds of hundreds of people "talking",
walking through my bedroom door to verify,
feeling of falling through the bed,
rolling off the bed and floating to the ground,

The last two take a lot of willpower and trust in yourself to know that you are in the correct sort of limbo state to do it, as well as knowing the feeling. I actually feel like I roll off my bed, right off the side, yet I float to the ground then open my eyes. With falling its the same thing but at first it was very very very tough to keep letting yourself drop further without fear waking you up.

I am very curious as to if anyone knows about talking with deceased family members while in a lucid dream or out of body in the astral - It seemed extremely valid and hopefully with a few more I will be able to gather a much more solid conclusion.

My next out of body question though will be in relation to the other forum on here, "Why are we terrified of the Greys?". I think it would be an extremely good question to try to get an answer to. I am just trying to see if I can prove beyond a reasonable doubt the validity of answers asked either lucidly dreaming or out of body.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So awesome Deadline that your doing so well!

When my Grandmother passed I had the goal of seeing her on the other side....and it took more than 9 months for this to happen for me. I saw her in a dream, and she didn't have much to say to me beyond a hello......

Another friend who had passed I actually DID find via OOBE....and it was pretty kewl. He was so excited that I could OOBE and talk to him. He said he wished more of his earthly friends could do this and visit him, and he especially wanted to see his daughter.

Tell your brother hi from me next time you see him.

I have not yet ever seen aliens in the astral............but I want to and hope it happens.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

When my Grandmother passed I had the goal of seeing her on the other side....and it took more than 9 months for this to happen for me. I saw her in a dream, and she didn't have much to say to me beyond a hello......

Another friend who had passed I actually DID find via OOBE....and it was pretty kewl. He was so excited that I could OOBE and talk to him. He said he wished more of his earthly friends could do this and visit him, and he especially wanted to see his daughter.

So you believe that the ability to talk to them while either in the astral or a lucid dream can possibly actually be them, and not in your mind? The questions I asked him should be verified once we get the cause of death back, I just hope what he said isn't true, no matter how much I want to see it verified. I also found it weird that when I asked if he was in heaven or hell, he responded with neither.

It is quite an experience though... even though he's gone, its almost like I can still spend time with him. I wish everyone had the ability to do it.. I think the ability could bring comfort to a lot of people seeing that their loved ones are at peace, which he said he was - although not in heaven? I have so many questions to ask yet its hard to think of them on the spot, I usually go into a dream with a predetermined set of questions to ask, I find it makes it easier to ask them as well as remember the answers.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I have not yet ever seen aliens in the astral............but I want to and hope it happens.

I have never encounter any other worldly creatures until last night, when it was on my back. I diddn't see what it looked like sadly, but the people who were with me in the lucid/astral account (I say that because it had signs of both) were terrified.

I cant wait to ask questions about aliens though, I think the answers will be amazingly intriguing.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
But..................there really IS no heaven or hell.......

After death we go to where we BELIEVE we are going to go and after a while you realize this, that the ONLY confines on you are of your own making. Based solely on your BELIEF SYSTEM..... Sounds like he was telling you the facts to me.
I do believe that yes the people on the other side really ARE people who have passed.....energy just transforms, it doesn't disappear.

DUDE your an ASTRAL PROJECTOR ...........HOW can you not KNOW this? Don't you trust in the experiences you have had?

Oh hey.........people have written about things on their back.......and after many more projections come to realize that it is a pet cat they loved allot trying to bond again......MAYBE you were being visited by a pet? The stories told about the pets in the astral are extremely SCAREY the first few times until you really get to SEE that it really is just your pet......people say the pet cat rides on their back and about chokes them and they are VERY FRIGHTENED by this experience.
I hope this is what you are experiencing.......I hope it is just a cat that loves you so much.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

After death we go to where we BELIEVE we are going to go and after a while you realize this, that the ONLY confines on you are of your own making. Sounds like he was telling you the facts to me.
I do believe that yes the people on the other side really ARE people who have passed.....energy just transforms, it doesn't disappear.

DUDE your an ASTRAL PROJECTOR ...........HOW can you not KNOW this?

I always looked as the astral as something different then either heaven or hell, more like a meeting ground of sorts. Think of the higher vibrational planes - the ones with sparkling air, bright colors, and benevolent beings - as closer to heaven, and the lower vibrational planes, the ones that are darker, or closer to looking like our physical world - are hell, and that energy can travel between them based on their vibrational frequency.

Hope that makes sense

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I see what your saying.
I agree with you I see it that way as well, but I think the various vibrational frequency levels are all there is........your either a higher being or a lower being and you go to the place that fits you best.
Birds of a feather and all.

I think people in the flesh use the heaven and hell analogy to explain these other planes of existence....as good or bad.
Keep in mind that for a battery to function properly it had BOTH negative AND positive charges. I see the varied planes of existence like this....as positive N=AND negative and I know I will go where I fit best, and that is determined by my vibrational frequency of my physical body.

PS Deadline......I went back and edited my above post so I just hope you scroll back and see what I added about spirit pets.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

After death we go to where we BELIEVE we are going to go and after a while you realize this, that the ONLY confines on you are of your own making. Based solely on your BELIEF SYSTEM..... Sounds like he was telling you the facts to me.

DUDE your an ASTRAL PROJECTOR ...........HOW can you not KNOW this? Don't you trust in the experiences you have had?

Oh hey.........people have written about things on their back.......and after many more projections come to realize that it is a pet cat they loved allot trying to bond again......MAYBE you were being visited by a pet? The stories told about the pets in the astral are extremely SCAREY the first few times until you really get to SEE that it really is just your pet......people say the pet cat rides on their back and about chokes them and they are VERY FRIGHTENED by this experience.
I hope this is what you are experiencing.......I hope it is just a cat that loves you so much.

It was much too big to be a cat.. I wish it was. The fear I saw in the eyes of the people in my experience that saw it were terrified. It happened very fast, I diddnt even make it out of my room yet. My door was open when it was on me and my father was in the dream (hes alive, but for some reason I do see my parents a lot when out of body, and always try to convince them i'm dreaming) and there was an intense fear in his eyes when he saw me struggling with whatever it was. I always want to ask my parents if they ever had a dream like my lucid ones, but dont want to get looked at like I have two heads, lol.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
'Showing people in my dream that I am dreaming by performing telekenetic powers such as lifting up tables, chairs, and so on with my mind. Also, I noticed a difference in gravity to even more so prove such a claim, almost like jumping on the moon'.

This is what I'm doing at the moment when lucid. At first I just moved things about with my mind by thought but now I have to say or shout what I want to happen. I also have to kind of breathe out quickly or inhale quickly to move or create things which is kind of odd and the same goes when passing through walls.. I have to breathe out until I reach the other side and if I run out of breath then I'm usually sucked back through which can be frustrating at times. The gravity is indeed different and this is more so noticeable when I come down to the ground after flying.. I have to wave my arms at the side of me as if I'm pushing the air upwards in order to land properly.

I've talked to my mate who died a few years back on many occasions but there's no way really of me confirming with him that its just my mind creating him. I'll say the usual 'hey Jamie mate its me lee, you ok, I'm asleep in bed' and to be honest, most of the times he just looks uninterested and confused.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
'Showing people in my dream that I am dreaming by performing telekenetic powers such as lifting up tables, chairs, and so on with my mind. Also, I noticed a difference in gravity to even more so prove such a claim, almost like jumping on the moon'.

This is what I'm doing at the moment when lucid. At first I just moved things about with my mind by thought but now I have to say or shout what I want to happen. I also have to kind of breathe out quickly or inhale quickly to move or create things which is kind of odd and the same goes when passing through walls.. I have to breathe out until I reach the other side and if I run out of breath then I'm usually sucked back through which can be frustrating at times. The gravity is indeed different and this is more so noticeable when I come down to the ground after flying.. I have to wave my arms at the side of me as if I'm pushing the air upwards in order to land properly.

I've talked to my mate who died a few years back on many occasions but there's no way really of me confirming with him that its just my mind creating him. I'll say the usual 'hey Jamie mate its me lee, you ok, I'm asleep in bed' and to be honest, most of the times he just looks uninterested and confused.

Hmm.. thats odd that you have to "breathe" so to speak, try to convince yourself that you are not physical so there is no need to carry on such mundane tasks. At least you are able to enjoy the amazing world that I wish so many others could see, its like virtual reality times a thousand.

Thats so funny that you have to wave your arms so to speak too, I actually have to almost "swim" through the air at first to get a feeling for myself once im out of my body, then I after a few seconds I can just will myself to wherever need be. On rare occasions I have not been able to gain any control whatsoever though, and usually end up almost as you would think of someone in zero gravity just floating around aimlessly. That usually results in me snapping back to reality unless somehow I manage to gain control. I still have a few questions to ask my brother, and hopefully they can be confirmed in the near future which would be quite a step in my belief of such things.

Glad to meet another explorer!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I swim through the air when flying btw.. its always breaststroke style which starts off slowly and then I accelerate more and more, I've pretty much mastered when to stop 'swimming' depending on how high I want to be. I'll fly so high and then just let the acceleration that's built up carry on taking me into the sky. I've been experimenting with different methods of travel though such as looking at a spot in the distance and willing myself there which has worked on a few occasions but flying or hovering about a foot off the ground seems the most effective.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
I swim through the air when flying btw.. its always breaststroke style which starts off slowly and then I accelerate more and more, I've pretty much mastered when to stop 'swimming' depending on how high I want to be. I'll fly so high and then just let the acceleration that's built up carry on taking me into the sky. I've been experimenting with different methods of travel though such as looking at a spot in the distance and willing myself there which has worked on a few occasions but flying or hovering about a foot off the ground seems the most effective.

I usually fly on average of ten to fifteen feet above ground, about the height of the second floor of a house. Although, I find it hard to will myself to far away objects such as the moon, and other planets. With practice I was finally able to get to the moon, but I would love to be able to get further and further out in the universe.

I always breast stroke as well, using the feet too, lol.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Just a newbie question concerning AP--In the beginning of trying to relax and eventually leave your body, does your body make involuntary spasm with your muscles or limbs?
I've heard you feel tingly when you try to AP, just wondering what else happens to the body.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Just a newbie question concerning AP--In the beginning of trying to relax and eventually leave your body, does your body make involuntary spasm with your muscles or limbs?
I've heard you feel tingly when you try to AP, just wondering what else happens to the body.
\

In all honesty, I could barely tell you. I used to try to use the Monroe technique a long time ago but since my experiences happen randomly, albeit quite constantly. I have tried to do it the step-by-step way and have reached the vibrational stage, yet my eyelids twitch too much and distracts me sadly. For some reason I naturally am able to notice when I am in between that sleep/wake state, or realize when I am dreaming.

What I do know for a fact is if you want to greatly increase your chances of success, do it early in the morning. I rarely project or lucid dream at night, most come during early morning hours after waking up and going back to sleep.

I really wish I could tell you the best way to do it, but I honestly don't even know why I am able to do it as much as I can. I used to practice constantly but never really totally separated - now it just happens when it wants to. Although, I will be starting with practicing the Monroe technique because I feel that since it comes naturally now, it may be easier to break through, as well as the fact that I no longer have the fear of the astral that I used to have, which was a very large obstacle to my ability.

I will be happy to let you know how my progress goes though with the whole idea of laying in bed, relaxing myself, and trying to do it when I want to, and not when it comes to me. I really enjoy helping people and even if I could pass on some knowledge to get one person to experience such freedom, then I will be quite happy. Although, I do feel extremely bad that at this current time, I really am at loss for words as to tell you how to do it.. but again, I did practice the Monroe technique a LOT when I was younger, and I do believe that played a huge part in my current abilities.

Keep in contact and let me know of your attempts, hopefully I can steer you in the right direction atleast. As for muscle spasms, I believe that you are actually being too tense when trying to relax. Don't try so hard is my best advice, and just let it come to you. If you fall asleep, try again when you wake up, because that is the best time to try anyway. Some people have success with keeping their arm vertical, so when you fall asleep, your arm hits the bed and wakes you up. This gets you used to the feeling of that in between sleep and wake state.

Thanks for reading and I wish you the best.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

As for what else happens, here is a few of the feelings or cues that happen when I am very close to exiting :

- Rushing sound, loud train like sound in room.
- Thousands of voices talking at once, hypnagogic sounds.
- The feeling of seeing through my eyelids.
- Sleep paralysis, which can be very frightening at first.
- A sudden feeling of falling through the bed, scary as well.
- Feeling like you're rolling off the bed, very hard to tell if your awake or not.

With the last one, be very careful, I dont want you to roll off your bed by accident, lol, and every time I get the feeling when I roll out of the body, I swear I feel like I am going to just roll off and hit the ground.. requires a LOT of trust on my part that I know its time to go.

There is probably some others that I am missing but in my opinion its all about recognizing certain little things that tell you, "hey, its time to leave now".

[edit on 20-5-2008 by deadline527]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I feel like I could astral project but I'm scared too...I get to a point where I feel myself seperate from my body and I get so scared, then I force it to stop...I feel like if I do it I wont come back...Can that happen ?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibgrace
I feel like I could astral project but I'm scared too...I get to a point where I feel myself seperate from my body and I get so scared, then I force it to stop...I feel like if I do it I wont come back...Can that happen ?

No.

The opposite actually, it's actually hard to STAY there. Once you think about coming back, BAM your back. So don't worry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join