It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Reason Why I'm Being Pushed Further and Further from Religion...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is what I tried talking about in my What the World Needs is Less Religion and More Humanitarians...Desperately thread.

I recently had an apparently very devout Christian put me on his 'Respected Foe' list because I made a post he did not agree with.

The sentence which made me so hated was:

People could just as easily post passages in the Bible which are ridiculous and vile.

Religion is separating people left and right. I have a disagreeing view with someone else in regards to passages in the Bible, and I become somebody's enemy for it.

People need to start pulling together, without things like religion or religious views causing rifts between people.

Here is another great thread demonstrating my mindset:

Together We Can Put an End to Religious/Ideological Bigotry on ATS

I wish people would get past this difference in opinion BS, and start looking at pulling together as a society. We could accomplish so much more if it weren't for people who separate themselves in such a manner.

What the world needs is less religion and more humanitarians...DESPERATELY.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Have fun with that.
From what I've seen no matter how hard humans try to work together they always seem to get nowhere. Like that big psycOprah thing where she had all these guest talking about breaking racial borders and stuff. They hyped it like crazy. Nothing has been seen of it since.

It's kinda sad really.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
why have another thread about why religious people are unreasonable bert? seriously, i don't get it. why not use one of the other threads you've started?

new topics

top topics

join