It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Odom: 'Military Analysts' Can't Defend 'Conspiratorial' Relationship with Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

General Odom: 'Military Analysts' Can't Defend 'Conspiratorial' Relationship with Pentagon

thinkprogress.org

Appearing on the Diane Rehm Show this morning, Lt. Gen. William Odom (ret.), the former Director of the National Security Agency under President Reagan, said he was “shocked” by the revelation, saying the actions of these military men would be difficult to defend:

Well I was a little shocked by it. … My own sense of my obligations and my officer’s honor in the past would make me think that’s not a proper thing to do. … But I don’t think they’ll be able to defend that position publicly very well, particularly because of its sort of conspiratorial nature. I think it’s quite legitimate for military officers to talk to a number of people in the Pentagon, but to be part of a recurring meeting that is designed to shape the public opinion — that’s a strange thing for officers to be willing to do, in my view.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
LOL

When you've got the Former Director of the NSA (one of the most secretive orgs ever) calling this brainwashing partnership between paid shills and talking heads, the Pentagon, and their complicitory device--The MSM---a CONSPIRACY to dupe the nation, that pretty much speaks volumes.

On April 20, the New York Times published an extensive exposé of a secret Pentagon program that used 75 retired military analysts employed by television networks “as ‘message force multipliers’ or ’surrogates’ who could be counted on to deliver administration ‘themes and messages’ to millions of Americans ‘in the form of their own opinions.’” The program successfully infiltrated most media outlets; a review by Media Matters last week showed that these analysts have been quoted more than 4,500 times since 2002.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino insisted that it was “absolutely appropriate to provide information to people who are seeking it and are going to be providing their opinions on it.”

It appears 'they' hoped her good looks would overcome the blatantly ignorant comments they knew they would be funneling thru her mouth.

It hasn't worked here... how 'bout the rest of ya?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

LOL-True that...Some of Helen Thomas' questions have left Perino looking like a deer in the headlights. And the reporters from Raw story have literally been banned from the press conferences because they've exposed her as a pathological liar and literally shamed her publically.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yeah, the WHPO is really working both ends from the middle. Colluding with the Pentagon to conform military analysts, then cherrypicking who gets to ask the questions at their staged media events. What a charade. Next, the briefing will be delivered using shadow puppets....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
After my short hiatus I was drawn by this particular post. Important? - YES! Odom was my Director for a while. Straight shooter for sure, but nevertheless part of the system - however, much to the chagrin of the politico-diplomats he is loyal to the nation first - you gotta admire that!

I can guarantee SOMEONE SOMEWHERE in the upper echelon was unhappy about this candid admission that their 'PR' efforts crossed the line. It's almost as if the American people were expected to just shut up and believe! It never ceases to amaze me how the hubris of these 'think-tank' types who never seem to learn that when you seclude yourself amongst the elites behind closed doors and sealed rooms, with secret partnerships and plans within plans you 'lose' the thread of reality that is pervasive within the REAL world. The people can and will be fooled and romanced by glamor and media glitz, by nice video montages and excellent concept branding - BUT IT DOES NOT LAST FOREVER!

Eventually the sad news will reach all their ears. They are not 'all that' as they have come to think of themselves, and their plans, while great in the darkened boardroom, lacked the necessary mandate of those whom they would otherwise consider 'little people'.

After a long introspective journey I have come to see that they (meaning the corporate junta) are going to lose this struggle to dominate our little blue marble. Sadly, unopposed as they are in government, they are going to do a lot of damage to a lot of innocent people on the way down. Just My two cents for ya! As usual - nice post DD! S&F'd.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Max, I totally agree with you.

This is going to get so ugly that it will be like something out of our most horrific nightmares come true. The escalation process is already under way, but most of the populace have not seen it coming (due to media co-conspiracy and complicitation), but when the full extent and INTENT of this is exposed, there will be absolute chaos.

But human freedom can not be stopped indefinitely. It is the strongest will of our species as a whole, even if at an animalistic-instinctual level. But we are going to have to fight with our lives, once again for it-No mistake about it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
this is very interesting i have been absent from ATS for a while and was wondering if there were any prior threads to this explaining in more detail what they are specifically talking about.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

Hey friend. Boy have you missed some crazy stuff! Check these out...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is like something straight out of an Orwell novel come to life. Total gov and Mainstream media co-conspiracy against the unsuspecting masses.

And it's STILL taking place RIGHT NOW.

In fact, they've EXPANDED their ops

join