It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are NASA Satellite photos censored?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am not sure what to make of this. But I was looking at the updated Sattellite photos of the disaster in Maynmar and saw something weird.

You will see where it looks like the Sattellite photo has had this blue water overlay on top of the ocean? Why do they filter out the ocean views? Or do they?

Here is the photo you tell me what it is.

Airbrushed Satellite photos on Google?

Here is the original

Google Maps

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Jimmy_of_wprt]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I would say yes some are censored for National security reasons. One being we could have Ships or submarines out there operating.

Or it could be that they do not want to waste space on their servers with all that data since so much of the world is water.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have often wondered if Google Earth will take money to remove images. That would be such a lucrative business. I suppose NASA would remove the top secret stuff from the data before it reaches Google.
the images shown just show where the data changed, maybe from a different day.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by earthman4]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
I would say yes some are censored for National security reasons. One being we could have Ships or submarines out there operating.

Or it could be that they do not want to waste space on their servers with all that data since so much of the world is water.

-Kdial1

Makes sense to me.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Its not airbrushed, its the topography of the ocean floor. Zoom out, the entire google maps collection is like this.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The CIA edit everything . You can clearly see the jail influence in our news media .

Its just money talking and retards have cash to throw at the CIA thru the jail networks that were put in place to protect innocent americans .

It takes 500 senators and stuff to get one single thing done in the US so changing the way the CIA works will not happen anytime soon but there are ways of trying to find out the truth I geuss but its hard . There IS a Russian space fleet it is old and they broke the 1 million mile an hour barrier long ago and now there are new countries with thier own warp technology .

Basically as usual the whole alien coverup is just theivery and as usual treason .

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy_of_wprt

well the sattelites sometimes block out alot of things. This could be a number of reasons. Maybe some intereference or something they dont want you to see. Who knows?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy_of_wprt

actually both reasons make sense to me but what would be best is if they took the time to Really show us the oceanic floor I would love to see it. so many questions and so many answers all from being able to Honestly answer these annoying itches about what is really there. I dont care to see traffic or people I want the Real World view. Why is it that there is a solid Line from the Indian ocean towards antarctica? Why does Africa look smudged? Why cant I get any photos of the Arctic circle? Why cant I see any clear images of Indonesia or for that matter Why is it if I look Really close in Nevada do I see these really strange circular formations that look very uniformed. Check it and see. Strangly enough just north of Eureka. dont look at me its a real city in nevada.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
NASA is over it is called Huron now . The guys with the marz rover crap are flying probably from Southern Peru from an old skyport there . The marz rover stuff has nasar and jammer , it is used for animal kotrol in South Amerika where it is hard to get to . The food is weather kontrol too the food and pillz the CHUD eat . The former marz rover project is over , if the AZTEC cant play fair wiwht thier new toyz then they have no toyz or airfields .

We will try and build 12 new planes 6 new meshersmitdz and 6 new pizza boxes all with the 50 gear but we will build them local and use it as a way in to find the weird guyz hanging in chilowachk BC and Toronto Ontario .

The crooks said hi again after the crash the other day , he wants me in jail for spending the GOK monies , he wants all trimmins and there is none for mitch and his buddies . The crooks are going to osoyouz where we can ask them about when they were abducted as children and what they think they are doin to our countries military systems and financing .

Anyhow I gotta clear this web stuff , later dudes !

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Theres loads of censorship on googe and almost all satellite maps. Any area deemed of security value is censored.

As for NASA images anything which was alien if it ever showed up on a NASA image would be censored thats a guess but it seems highly likely. If NASA ever found something conclusive I very doubt it would remain declassified and be released to the public. Face it, if aliens were here or ever came here I couldnt see the government wanting the world to know sadly.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow, that is what I discussed about with my good friend a few days ago.

We both said, that for sure - if we can see anything on the Nasa images - the only thing we can see is ... wiped area

For sure - if maybe sometimes we can see anything else, this is just a result of probability.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by sechmet]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jokerdazey2

?????

Holy code....?!

Alcohol, drugs or a combo of both...?

top topics

join