It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siegleman: 'This Will Make Watergate Look Like Child's Play'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Uh-oh...Looks like there may be a strong possibility of Siegelman's case being overturned...54 Attorney Generals are now saying that he was WRONGFULLY PROSECUTED.

Now if this IS overturned, this may well be the catalyst that finally exposes that criminal Rove fully, as well as those that he has been involved with---And we know who that leads to...

May 31, 2008

Strong Backing for Ex-Governor’s Appeal

Fifty-four former state attorneys general filed a brief Friday supporting the appeal of former Gov. Don Siegelman of Alabama, convicted two years ago on bribery and corruption charges in a prosecution depicted by his supporters as politically motivated.

Robert Abrams, a former New York attorney general and an author of the brief, said the document was unprecedented in bringing together a large number of former top state judicial officers, mostly Democrats but also some Republicans. Mr. Abrams said it reflected “strong feelings” that an injustice had been done to Mr. Siegelman, a Democrat who was freed on bond from a federal prison in March after serving nine months.

Last year, 44 of the former attorneys general petitioned Congress to look into the Siegelman case, which a House committee is now doing.

Full Story:
www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 31-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The supporters are all FORMER attorneys generals; which to me is no support at all. Ask yourself why would an attorney general support throwing out a prosecution that the court itself did not find any irregularity. Why, if this was true, were no briefs filed pointing to a political prosecution? Are not all prosecutions political?

The last time an individual petitioned Congress for support, he got a royal screwing. That person, Vice President Spiro T. Agnew. Also, look at how long it would take for a congressional investigation to be completed. Here's the kicker, what if the political investigation backfire and instead of showing his innocence, creates a guilty appearance.

Sometimes it is better to ride out the court process rather than go to Congress. But it looks like someone was not thinking clearly. Last time I checked, Congress' likability rating was well below President Bush's low number. And the ex-Governor is turning to Congress for support; where according to the polls, they are incompetent. Good luck Governor. Now when the 54 former AGs are added to Congress' low number, all I see is a losing cause. I wish the Governor well. But I would quickly tell Congress, no thanks.
Emanuel McCray
San Diego, CA
www.emccray.com...
emanuel.mccray@gmail.com

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join