It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siegleman: 'This Will Make Watergate Look Like Child's Play'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah, Karl Rove is victim of a witch hunt..

ya know what, if congress calls you, nay subpoenas you.. you are obligated as a citizen of this country to appear. regardless of whatever may be your disposition at the moment.
but Karl Rove is above the law, and all you uber patriots sticking up for him are not PATRIOTS at all but mere party LOYALISTS, with your allegiance to the king. sham patriots make me sick and anyone defending Karl Rove has the sensibilities of a crocodile. encoded pea brains..

when Clinton was in office, i wanted him accountable for his actions consistently, because i held the rule of law in this land above all. and for the few rules that this president has yet to abolish or distort in his favor,.. being unable to play with the deck as stacked as it is.. revolting.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fvk12
Yeah, Karl Rove is victim of a witch hunt..

ya know what, if congress calls you, nay subpoenas you.. you are obligated as a citizen of this country to appear. regardless of whatever may be your disposition at the moment.
but Karl Rove is above the law, and all you uber patriots sticking up for him are not PATRIOTS at all but mere party LOYALISTS, with your allegiance to the king. sham patriots make me sick and anyone defending Karl Rove has the sensibilities of a crocodile. encoded pea brains..

when Clinton was in office, i wanted him accountable for his actions consistently, because i held the rule of law in this land above all. and for the few rules that this president has yet to abolish or distort in his favor,.. being unable to play with the deck as stacked as it is.. revolting.

not sure what you mean by 'encoded pea brains', but I agree one hundred percent with everythign else. I fail to see why they aren't arresting his ass and bringing him to the court in cuffs like they would anyone else they subpoena who refuses to show up. It's not as if pulling Karl Rove out of the white house for two hours to testify leaves the nation void of anything whatsoever. This is ridiculous.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Even if Rove was tried and sent to prison, ya think its going to be
Federal "pound-me-in-the-***" prison, or white-collar resort prison?

Your Office Space reference was noted and approved of

And agreed with.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Too Little Too Late

The absolute corruption of the American Political process is complete.
Siegelman having received the bums rush from office and prison sentence should be on notice that there is very little that this administration will not to do to preserve and entrench the power it wields illegally. Yeah I said it..I truly believe that George Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Ari Fleisher, Condi Rice, Karl Rove, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney and OTHERS are in a large part complicit in a conspiracy which has risen to treasonous levels..and the utter debasement of their sworn oath of office.
The death of Debra Palfrey and other convenient accidents and suicides, the Jeff Gannon Talon News story that gained no traction in the mainstream press, all of the 9/11 investigation facts that are unreported unexplained and ignored.
I don't know what to say..we give our leaders the tools to protect and promote democracy and they turn the tools against the people they swear to protect.
I give the President and his cabinet the absolute best of intentions,but at some point the signing statements and the convenient legislation and sidesteping of the Constitution and OUT RIGHT LIES beggar belief.
History may not be kind to George Bush..but history will be UNKINDER TO ALL OF US.. because WE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN. WE ALLOW THIS.
No Ifs No ands & No Buts

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

former Democratic Alabama governor Don Siegelman speaks out about Karl Rove’s involvement in his prosecution. Siegelman is currently out on bond, after being sentenced to serve seven years in a bribery case in 2006. In his chat with the Star, Siegelman questions Rove’s motives for refusing to testify to Congress under oath about the case

this guy just got out of prison and he is making threats because he is so pee 'oed and now wants revenge

this one is going nowhere fast.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You do realize that you are quoting a convicted person right? Way to go there. Everybody is Jail is innocent don't ya know.

As per your own article:

In June of 2006 he was convicted by a federal jury here of taking $500,000 from Richard M. Scrushy, the former chief executive of the HealthSouth corporation, in exchange for an appointment to the state hospital licensing board.

He doesn't have any axes to grind now, does he?

Blimp beat me to it, got to type faster next time.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by pavil]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fvk12

It seems you are directing your reply to me so I will reply back: I'm not an "UBER" patriot. I'm a US citizen who is sick to death of what my government has done, is doing and, will do.

You have not and will not see me defend Rove OR Siegleman. They are "UBER" evil politicians why in the f*k would I side with the same people running my country into the ground?

I agree the jerk needs to be grilled.
If I had it my way every level headed, nationalist, indipendant, libertarian and, PATRIOT would join GOOOH and clean up the country. But all everyone wants to do is sit around bitch and moan about how horrible all the politicians are. I don't see anyone (but myself and a few others) standing up and doing something to make a change.

It is my whole hearted belief that we have to much government. We need less. At present we are headed for more.
But I'm a peahead WTF do I know, right?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

It's been apparent to me time and again that you've got to work the system before the system works you.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Lone Star,
Not directed at you. Your comments before were logical, not deflecting, and not hyperbole rhetoric, and your last statement and acknowledgement of guilty parties here shows that the shoe does not fit.. Moreso directed at the other predictable, my party can do no wrong cheerleaders.

And as far as Siegelman having an ax to grind..
indeed, its called justice. Indicted for appointing an associate to a hospital board.
His appointee, who paid not Siegelman, but an education lottery fund that Siegelman supported but would never reap a penny of, was given a post that he had held from the appointments of the three previous governors.
All senior judiciary members that were not Bu#es deemed all the charges against Siegelman without merit.. Only corrupt justice dept pushed this through..

do your homework and read up on this, theres enough out there to realize that this is a true subversion of the democratic process that is intended to make this country successful.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fvk12

Thank you. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm here to learn and I have to admit sometimes I just don't get it. So please forgive me.

I can say I've learned one thing from this discussion: I'm right when I say that the government and it's politicians are corrupt and; they think they are above the law. Like a bunch of Lindsey Hoehans and Paris Motel 6's...

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Lone Star Patriot]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yeah because as we know the MSM covers for Republicnas all the time and love Karl Rove. Are you sick? Don't you think the MSM is salivating over this? Use your common sense if you want to come up with your consiracy theories.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yes this story is (automatically) "gospel" (because it fits their agenda),

Because we are all so sure that Karl Rove is indeed a criminal it's hard to not to believe the worse!

but the rumored tape of O(bs)ama's wife making racist comments about "whitey" with his mentor Rev. Wright, of course that's (automatically) totally bogus.

But if it were true how would that compare to the crimes of Karl Rove? Why shouldn't African Americans still be resentful/angry on some levels for the crimes white America committed against them or their parents? Why on Earth would any fair minded person wish to pretend that somehow whites have now become victims of 'African American racism' when they never had the power to abuse their fellow countrymen so horrendously? While i do understand why oppressors everywhere ( just like in this country) wish to pretend that the playing field have suddenly been 'levelled' , with historic wrongs somehow having been suddenly righted without whites doing any type of restitution, i always feel disgusted when they seem otherwise intelligent and educated.

Stellar

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So a convicted Democrat politician insists Rove had him convicted? You guys are living a delusion. Convicts always say they didn't do it and always want to point at someone else as the reason they're incarcerated. Wake up and smell the roses, this is a witch hunt and a wild goose chase. If you want to hang your hats on it with glee that the evil Karl Rove will finally go down then you'll be sadly disappointed!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
www.boingboing.net...

Piercing pioneer Jim Ward, who in 1975 launched what is now considered America's first contemporary body piercing business (The Gauntlet), remembers Louis "Indy" Rove, an early body modification enthusiast who is identified as the adoptive father of Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove. The elder Mr. Rove had (at least) 37 piercings, most of which were in his genitals, all performed by Mr. Ward.

You might be suprised to learn the deciders grandpa was a Nazi sympathizer and helped to plot a coup against Roosevelt.

Document uncovers details of a planned coup in the USA in 1933 by a group of right-wing American businessmen.
The coup was aimed at toppling President Franklin D Roosevelt with the help of half-a-million war veterans. The plotters, who were alleged to involve some of the most famous families in America, (owners of Heinz, Birds Eye, Goodtea, Maxwell Hse & George Bush’s Grandfather, Prescott) believed that their country should adopt the policies of Hitler and Mussolini to beat the great depression.

Just a sample of the types you conservatives go out of your way to defend beyond all reason.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Watergate itself started out as some small time burglers, and led to Nixon leaving with his tail between his legs.

And just to add a bit of history.... Nixon resigned under the advisement of a letter sent to him by GHW Bush stating to think of what an impeachment would do to the country and to the image of the Republican Party. President Ford, after order of succession on Nixon's resignation, later appointed GHW Bush to Director of CIA. A young Hilary Rodham (not yet Clinton) sat on the prosecution side at the Nixon Impeachment proceedings, of course she wrote a legal brief stating that Nixon had no legal precedence to legal council. This brief was also written in such a way that it would have disallowed House Judiciary Committee to cross-examine witnesses or even participate in drafting articles of impeachment in the first place. Also in 1974, McCain was released from the Hanoi Hilton. Obama was attending an elite private prep school in Hawaii at age 13 and living with his grandparents...his grandmother was the vice-president of the Bank of Hawaii while his mother was off working on a PhD, which is also the time that he and his mother was supposed to be on food stamps to get by, according to Barack???

Yeah, the circle is nearly complete…suddenly the whole 2012 thing doesn’t sound so far-fetched after dealing with a term with any of these people in the big chair.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

"Just a sample of the types you conservatives go out of your way to defend beyond all reason."

This is an oxymoron, so to speak. Conservatives would never defend anyone who wants to do away with constitutional rights and freedoms. This is, obviously, what would happen should the coup had been sucessful.

What I find the most strange about this accusation is - when you try to find info on this subject - all the website are all very left winged and liberal. Hummm

Also if this was so true why didn't this come out in EITHER of the two elections he won?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, looks like Rove is not going to get out of this as easy as he hoped. Conyers issued a subpoena on him today to FORCE him on the stand!

rawstory.com...

Hopefully the corrupt DOJ won't be co-complicitory with Rove here...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
While I think Stephanopolous is a little dirt-bag, corrupted media shill, I do have to say that this interview was interesting...Notice that Rove is not denying whether he was or was not involved in getting Siegelman incarcerated...Getting rid of the competition and dissenters through any means necessary, eh Karl?

Rove Issues Non-Denial Of Role In Seigelman Case: ‘I Read About It In The Newspaper’

Last week, the House Judiciary Committee subpoenaed former White House aide Karl Rove to determine his knowledge and role in the decision to prosecute former Democratic governor of Alabama Don Siegelman.

ABC’s This Week host George Stephanopolous asked Rove if he was directly or indirectly involved in Siegelman’s prosecution. Having trouble coming up with a coherent explanation, Rove simply offered this legalistic non-denial denial. “I learned about Don Siegelman’s prosecution by reading about it in the newspaper,” Rove said.

When Stephanopolous continued to press Rove about his involvement in the case, Rove stuttered and stammered, then responded by again saying he learned about it in the newspaper. Stephanopolous astutely noted, “That’s not a denial”

Continued
thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot

This is an oxymoron, so to speak. Conservatives would never defend anyone who wants to do away with constitutional rights and freedoms. This is, obviously, what would happen should the coup had been sucessful.

What I find the most strange about this accusation is - when you try to find info on this subject - all the website are all very left winged and liberal. Hummm

Also if this was so true why didn't this come out in EITHER of the two elections he won?

Yet conservatives also include the neo-cons, who are infamous for destroying the Constitution. Can you explain that?

And yes, this is true. What isn't true is that Bush won the elections. He stole both elections and in 2000, the Supreme Court decided the election, something that is very much unconstitutional. See Black Box Voting - also our own Government Accounting Office declared that the 2004 election was stolen.

And of course, the right wing would not put Bush's family history on a website. But it is documented, alot, and Bush's grandfather was charged with trading with the enemy. And yes, he was involved in a coup to overthrow FDR, this is all documented as well - in fact the entire coup is documented in Gen. Smedley Butler's "War is a Racket". He was the one the elites asked to replace FDR. There was a trial about it, this is documented as well.

On topic: Siegelman was set up by Karl Rove so yes, naturally, he wants to see Rove get his just desserts. It was a huge scandal over state attorney generals, but of course you won't read about that in the MSM.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hmm, seems the House Judiciary Commitee is contemplating ARRESTING Rove to force him to the stand! That would be awesome to see him shuffling up to the stand in cuffs and leg shackles...haha

Wasserman-Schultz on arresting Rove: ‘Well, if that’s what it takes.’

In an interview with MSNBC’s Dan Abrams yesterday, Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) said that the House Judiciary Committee would be willing to arrest Karl Rove if he continues to refuse to testify about his role in the U.S. attorney scandal and prosecution of former Alabama governor Don Siegelman. The Hill reports:

“Well, if that’s what it takes,” she said. “I mean we really cannot allow the co-equal branch of government, the legislative branch, to be trampled upon by the executive branch. The founding fathers established three branches of government. We are a co-equal branch, and this is an administration that essentially has ignored and disrespected the role of the legislative branch for far too long.”

Source:

thinkprogress.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join