It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siegleman: 'This Will Make Watergate Look Like Child's Play'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Siegleman: 'This Will Make Watergate Look Like Child's Play'

thinkprogress.org

Last week, House Judiciary Committee members rejected Rove’s offer to answer the committee’s questions in writing — rather than testifying under oath — stating that “we can see no justification for his refusal to speak on the record to the Committee.”

In his interview, Siegelman also stressed that that his case is “not an isolated incident”:

Siegelman: I think this will make Watergate look like child’s play when it is fully investigated, not so much this case because certainly it’s not about me. It’s about restoring justice and protecting our democracy and, because this case shows the lengths to which those who are obsessed with power will go in order to gain power or retain power, it has attracted the attention of the national press.

This was a pernicious, political plan that was set in motion by Karl Rove to further his espoused dream of establishing a permanent Republican majority in this country, and what he left out was by any means necessary.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Man, I can't wait to see this case unravel. Siegelman may well be the guy to take the ever-criminalistic Karl Rove down.

Somebody needs to do it, and do it quickly---This guy is beyond corrupt, and has a history of doing shady things--Political tampering and obstruction and manipulation of the justice department to achieve complete unnacountabilty and unchallenged power grabs.

The implications behind this case could be staggering when they start to dig.

Harpers’ Scott Horton has reported that “most experienced and senior career prosecutors” opposed the Siegleman prosecution, yet the Justice Department pushed the case forward “with blunt political force.” Former GOP operative Jill Simpson has also alleged that Rove asked her to find evidence that Siegelman was cheating on his wife.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't know where you've been getting your latest threads from, but just like the others, this is another great find.

Rove is a tool, and the sooner him and other Bush Administration members go down, the better off this world will be.

Starred and flagged.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The Republican Party has become a hostage to the Devil himself (Rove). You would think that people who believe in the Devil would not be so readily ensnared in his web of deceit.
I thought the teachings of the Christian's Jesus shows that you cannot bargain with the Devil. But when faced with the temptation of ruling the world they hastily forgot their faith in their God and opt for the worldly goods and power.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We need to stay on top of this, IMO. This could very well be the start of the fall of the GOP, and even others as this unravels. Watergate itself started out as some small time burglers, and led to Nixon leaving with his tail between his legs.

Starred and flagged.

I encourage others to do the same.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Another relevant fact to this to bare in mind in order to the urgency of getting this case going:

Take a wild guess who potential POTUS candidate John McCain's "covert" advisor is?

You guessed it---KARL ROVE.

Little to no mention of it in the MSM either.

Talk about scary...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just want it to be done after bush is finished with his presidency so he cant use his presidential pardon to get rove out. Crooks...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From the snipet:

"Last week, House Judiciary Committee members rejected Rove’s offer to answer the committee’s questions in writing — rather than testifying under oath — stating that “we can see no justification for his refusal to speak on the record to the Committee.”

You mean except for the fact that this is a witch hunt and is totally unfounded and useless.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
How much you wanna bet that Rove will call
their bluff and take the contempt charges?

Ain't no way he's speaking in person, and under oath,
just so he can perjure himself.

Even if Rove was tried and sent to prison, ya think its going to be
Federal "pound-me-in-the-***" prison, or white-collar resort prison?
I can see MC Rove running the show from his lavishly upholstered cell.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. I believe Rove is less of a tool and more the 'tool maker'. Numerous documentaries have shown his w's lead advisor. He holds the strings. What I didn't know was Rove is now McCain's defacto advisor, that is chilling. I am truly glad the judiciary denied Rove's request for a written dissertation. I hope there is some way to hold him to a review under oath.
White house staffers have been bailing like rats off a sinking ship. We will see how long they can tread water.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

That is ABSOLUTELY true. This guy is known as the architect behind many of our current regime's lawbreaking activities. He was instrumental in so many of this admin's criminalistic endeavors it's not even funny.

And his "covert advisory" position on McCain's team should be enough to send chills up everyone's spines---Yet almost NO ONE is even aware of it (even at ATS!), and the MSM is deaf, dumb and blind to acknowledging it!

[edit on 19-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thank you once again for bringing this to light DD. Once again your posts are immensely illuminating. You are one of the bright diamonds on this site. Now if we could only get Rove to take up quail hunting with......
John

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
From the snipet:

"Last week, House Judiciary Committee members rejected Rove’s offer to answer the committee’s questions in writing — rather than testifying under oath — stating that “we can see no justification for his refusal to speak on the record to the Committee.”

You mean except for the fact that this is a witch hunt and is totally unfounded and useless.

Yes this story is (automatically) "gospel" (because it fits their agenda), but the rumored tape of O(bs)ama's wife making racist comments about "whitey" with his mentor Rev. Wright, of course that's (automatically) totally bogus.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Duplicate thread and it's not "breaking news"...but I still love to see Rove in the hot seat.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Thank you once again for bringing this to light DD. Once again your posts are immensely illuminating. You are one of the bright diamonds on this site. Now if we could only get Rove to take up quail hunting with......
John

And when Teddy gets out of the hospital, maybe we can get him to take hillary and O(bs)ama for a night ride along the shore. Hilarious, no?

By the way, to set the facts of your "joke" straight, that would be quail hunting with Cheney ...

Glad that reading repeats of one dimensional posts is so "enlightening"
for you.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Politician = Tool

They are mouthpieces for the peoploe who pay hefty sums of money to get them into office.

There is no more "good" politicians, if there ever was. They're all in the pockets of other investors. If they didn't have the financial backing of elites trying to influence things, they wouldn't be able to raise the ridiculous amounts of campaign money it takes to get themselves out there and known and elected. It's just not possible.

They may not all be "evil", but they are all definitely tools. Rove may take the fall, but believe me, he's just gunna be replaced by someone else from the same backer's pocket.

It's time we stop trusting the system to work for us, because the system is obviously NOT working for us.

A very strong meaning put into very gentle wording...

Raise the upside-down flag.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
Ain't no way he's speaking in person, and under oath,
just so he can perjure himself.
People lie under oath hundreds of times a day. Why should he be any different?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

That's why people need to check out www.goooh.com. If you want changes in your government it's going to take nothing short of a revolutiong to bring it about. People need to stop sitting around - and -complaining about how corrupt the government is and do something about it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

Why should Rove be any different? Because he's smarter than that,
he is NOT going to testify under oath, just so he can perjure himself.

He hasn't testified under oath yet, and he consistently refuses to,
while denying any involvement, so why would he change tunes now?

It's all pretty pointless if you ask me. This is just show for us.

All the power that this Administration has been directing into this
"Unitary Executive" is just as appealing to power-hungry Democrats.
I don't think they will do anything to threaten that.

Come on, think about the perks Bush and Cheney are leaving for the
next Prez, if you think the Dems are going to give that up when they
are in office, you're crazy. That's why I don't understand the ones
who continue to defend the current Administration, they don't seem to
think about how much easier it will be for the next Adminstration to
abuse those new powers. It's a slippery slope.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
Come on, think about the perks Bush and Cheney are leaving for the
next Prez, if you think the Dems are going to give that up when they
are in office, you're crazy. That's why I don't understand the ones
who continue to defend the current Administration, they don't seem to
think about how much easier it will be for the next Adminstration to
abuse those new powers. It's a slippery slope.

Amen.

One of the many things that drove me crazy about Bush is the power that he gave to his office and the rest of the government.

Now we are in danger of getting John "the mentally unstable" McCain, Hillary "I dodge snipers biotch" Clinton, or Barack "the messiah" Obama.

Ugh who knows what any of these guys will do with the huge amount of power that Bush and Cheney has given them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join