It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Colonel says Americans should read "The Quranic Concept of War," by Pakistani Brig. Gen. S.K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

US Army Colonel says Americans should read "The Quranic Concept of War," by Pakistani Brig. Gen. S.K. Malik

www.jihadwatch.org

To better understand the Quranic basis of jihad as practiced by extremists without sifting through a library of interpretations, you should read one book above all others, says Lt. Col. Joseph Myers.

Myers explains:

The reason I studied this work, once I was able to find it, is because I had heard or had read in an article that nowhere in our military education institutions are we studying the campaigns of the Prophet Mohammed in any similar way that we studied military campaigns that are f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Now there is a military man with common sense. I haven't read the book but if helps out military understand the war on terror it should be required.

www.jihadwatch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

I read the interview as well as the websites Islam 101.

What is the standard understanding, in the Muslim world, of Jihad?

Is it the fighting against the "oppresion" of Islam?

I say this with a conversation I had with an older black man in Atlanta, Ga.

I hired him on at the U Haul store to help me move some stuff. I paid him well and offered him a drink of Crown Royal Whiskey in the hope of generating some conversation with him.

We soon began to talk about the war in Iraq. He laughed as I mentioned Al Queda saying that "thats all goverment bunk". "They just needed to attach a name to it "he said....."the war is already here...just wait..."

(I am paraphrasing his comments)

I quizzed him on it a bit more and he seemed to be saying that many black Muslim's seemed to be waiting word for some form of Jihad?????

After the drink I gave him the bottle of Crown Royal as a tip and dropped him off at MARTA in Buckhead.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Without actually reading the book, here is an important point I thought I'd bring up regarding the Quranic concept of War and Terror..

"It (terror) can be instilled only if the opponent's faith is destroyed...To instill terror into the hearts of the enemy, it is essential, in the ultimate analysis, to dislocate his Faith" (p.60)

Here we see in explict terms the religious dimension to terrorism. According to Malik, terror is designed to shake the faith of the enemy. Terror is a counter-religious attack. When Al Qaeda targeted the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the Capitol for the 9/11 attacks, these were not military targets. Even the Pentagon was a symbolic target. And what were they targeting? The core elements of the American civic religion: materialism (economy), military strength, and democratic values. The terrorists understood that bringing the Twin Towers down wasn't going to collapse the economy; destruction of the Pentagon wasn't going to make military decisions and strikes impossible; and attacking the Capitol wasn't going to end American democracy. These were strikes designed to shake our faith in our values.
source

US soldiers should be educated alright. But not brainwashed with some silly garbage like "you're fighting for freedom." They should be told that the truth: that freedom is all relative.

They are fighting so that we can continue to make progress as a species and not be held back by theocracies and ancient literature.

Of course you'd never hear anyone say that because such words not only lash out at Islam, but religion in general... and there are many among us who need to believe in something.

edit: added source link

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Scramjet76]

join