It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Cusack: Outsourced Warfare Represents a 'Radical Dangerous, Disgusting Ideology'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Just thought i would comment on the movie War. Inc Hopefully this ain't considered off topic anyway.

I watched the movie last week and must say it was a major disappointment i'm a big conspiracy/movie buff and was really expecting something big from Cusack and the rest of the cast but as i said it was overly disappointing. I would put it in the same boat as the dismal Southland Tales both movies tryin to make a point and just completely missing the mark.

No real information was included i know its a Satire comedy but it did nothing to help fight the people it was mocking if anything all it did was put out a stupid story line with a few to many inside jokes.

Sure there were a few good things in the movie but in a whole it was ridiculous and pointless and am sure will cop bad reviews and no ones attention which i assure you will be no conspiracy.

Sorry if i burst any bubbles out there but this movie would be one of the crappiest i have seen i recommend not setting your hopes to high and you may enjoy it. The only credit i give it is that it at least tried to shed some light on the War yet i think it would have been a whole lot better to have just re-released Jarhead (which i highly recommend if not yet seen) it does a perfectly good job.

Now this is only my opinion and you may find you love the movie like i'm sure Mr G.W.Bush did.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I agree with the idea of spreading the word in new and interesting ways. I am a college professor, and I do tell students about the thing that I learn about that are not in the MSM. Some believe me and others think I am a crazy conspiracy theorist. That's fine. However, most of them come away realizing that they are not being told everything.

I like your idea of posting fliers, but it's difficult to do when there is a process by which one must get a flier approved before posting it.

But I'm excited nonetheless. One of my students (a true political junkie) has agreed to work with me to start a Student Civil Liberties Union on campus. I think that it will be a great way to teach students about their civil liberties while getting them involved in the political process and developing an understanding of what those civil liberties actually mean for all of us. It's a small start, but I think that it will be great to get the students on our small campus involved. Maybe we will start a trend.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fLANKED

Have you heard of Jeremy Scahill's investigative journalism into contractors? He wrote a book a while back called "Blackwater". He's occasionally on the Bill Maher show as one of their analysts and his insight is just unparalleled. I first saw him on the the Bill Moyers show last year and his words really opened my eyes up to this criminalistic behavior endorsed by our government.

This is a short clip from that show I saw a while back on PBS. This is unreal. Those who really don't know a whole lot about the topic this gives you a brief introduction to this dark shadowy world of security contractors.

-ChriS

[edit on 22-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I agree, Mods, please do an interview with Cusack!!!!!

I'm also going to have to check out this Blackwater book.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

DUDE...Jeremy Scahill ROCKS...Talk about a true hero. This guy is a dying breed. Going after the stories that 99.9% of reporters are either too cowardly to dig into, or too "bought-and-paid-for" to address.

Man do we ever need more folks like him in these desperate times of lawlessness and corruptivity.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Not sure how thats a reply to me but thanks for the vid and the link anyway i will look into his work.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here's another profile on John Cusack's views on war from Counterpunch:
John Cusack's War

Greg

top topics

<< 1   >>

join