It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a systematic search of all existing patents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
After looking at all of the patents that Nikoli Tesla filed, I can't help wondering what other breakthroughs might be patented and forgotten. So I'm proposing that AboveTopSecret members organize themselves with a view to reviewing ALL existing US patents (and maybe other countries too). There are several websites that will show patents including diagrams if you enter a patent number. I believe that there are over 7,000,000 patents now which sounds like an impossible number to handle but it could be done if handled right. If each person committed to reviewing 1,000 patents, then 7,000 individuals would be required. 10 a day for 100 days would cover 1,000 patents. To focus our search, I'm suggesting that only those patents that might have something to do with energy technology be identified and posted on this thread and if someone created a website that could be used to list all of the relevant patent numbers and brief descriptions, then that site could be a valuable resource for anyone interested in energy technology.

To avoid duplication of effort, let me suggest that a website be created which lists the names of individuals and the range of patent numbers that they have committed to reviewing. Someone new to the project can then select a range of patent numbers that no one else has picked yet.

I suggest we call this the Patent Survey Project. Not very imaginative I know but it makes the point. It may be that the solution to our civilization's problems have already been invented. How tragic would it be if civilization collapsed because a genius' idea had fallen thru the cracks. Also keep in mind that patents expire and therefore if a valuable idea was patented long enough ago, then it's in the public domain and anyone can make use of it.

I'm inviting all ATS members to donate a little bit of their time to this project and collectively maybe we can make a difference.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good idea but I suggest we do the review in 2 rounds.

The first only to identify all the energy technology patents, and put them in a list.

Than a second round, to study those patents.

Since if we go by your plan some inexperienced people could just pass over some good patents.

In my point of view anyone can identify a energy technology, but not everyone is capable of correctly select them. So there's a second round for more experienced people to review.

But of course this may be to complicated in terms of organization and the selection of people for the 2nd round.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Also my above plan could also save some time.

The first round could be quite quick. It's simple: only select the energy tech.

The list should then be published, for everyone.

And then a new round is organized.
More time consuming though.

And I forgot: Sign me up

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your suggestions. As for 'signing up', I'm unfortunately not in a position where I can organize this project. I was hoping the someone else would take the ball and run with it. If you're willing to take that on, then you have my blessing. Perhaps the first priority is to get this thread noticed by more members. Any ideas on how to do that?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
sounds like a great idea imo
whoever gets it rolling can sign me up also

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have a friend who took two years just to research one type of patent for an invention he was going to patent. He wasn't able to get through half of what he needed so he hired a patent research company to help at 45.00 per hour. $12,000 later (this was a reputable firm) he thought he was ok. He filed the papers and the US patent office took another 18 months to only find that someone else had the patent for a very similar device. He called the firm and was told by them that trying to locate a singular type doesn't work because it goes by what the orignators called it not actual functionality. This is gonna take someone who can program a comuter with a brillliant program to find what your looking for. You have to already know the patent number or your kinda out to lunch!

Zindo

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well you guys should start here...it has a lot of patents that will never see the light of day.Lots of good information here about suppressed technologies.

www.rexresearch.com...

You can spend hours upon hours on that site. enjoy

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Here this might help in narrowing down a search for a particular invention, inventor or patent.

rexresearch.com...

Let me know if this helps or not.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

Yes of course. I also don't have the organizing skills and responsability for such a task.

However I'll keep an eye on this thread and I agree with you that we should first try to get more people interested in this.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This thread seems to have ground to a halt. I'm going to start this project myself by scanning the first 10,000 patents ie. patents with numbers from 1 to 10,000. I'll post my result here.

join