It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics In Caves of Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I didn't know where to put this. Move the thread as you see fit

I was just in a thread started by Sky Floating discussing Aboriginal Mythology when i remembered that they have found ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics In a cave in NSW, Australia.

Here are a few pictures that have clear Egyptian heritage

The website dates these cave paintings to be at least 1000 years old. Its been little over 200 years since the first British settlers landed on our shore so there can really be no hoaxing, practical joking.

I also heard that there used to be some type of portal that connected these 2 great civilizations along time ago but i can't really prove it and was just a story told to me.

Source:
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Most interesting indeed!

Is it not possible that they sailed there? Like the Vikings did to North America? I'm not opposed to any gateway explanations but the Egyptians were around for quite a while so I see it as possible indeed that sail they did.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Who knows?

They could of even caught one of these.

Just goes to show we don't really know what went on in ancient times

Source:
www.catchpenny.org...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by quadraphonic

If you're implying those are helicopters or planes, sorry that's not accurate.

Abydos Carvings

A short time later, I got a mail from Mike Dyall-Smith from the University of Melbourne : "We dealt with this on the AEL discussion list over a year ago. There is a much more mundane explanation (that is historically interesting in itself). These pictures have gained some notoriety because they have been promoted by "new-age or ufo buffs ". Egyptologists easily recognize that the apparent strange craft are just illusions produced by:
a) erosion of the stone surface (look at the damage over that roof area!)
b) a process of re-carving and filling in the stone to replace some of the hieroglyphs. When the filling falls out bits of the old and new glyphs overlap and form 'strange signs'. The technical term used is 'palimpsest'.

HTH.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've personally been and inspected this site, and although I'm no egyptologist, imo it's a (nicely done) hoax.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is an earlier thread that you might like.

And here is a skeptic perspective on it.
(It's worth reading, the unpleasant title notwithstanding.)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I've personally been and inspected this site, and although I'm no egyptologist, imo it's a (nicely done) hoax.

Does anyone know if an egyptologist has looked at the site or at pictures of the site? If so what were their opinon?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

Nageeb Kanawati, the head of Egyptology at an Australian university, had a look at them in 1983. Here is a part of his opinion:

"I examined [the photographs] and think that the engravings are the work of someone who perhaps visited Egypt or saw some postcards of Egyptian monuments and wished to have some graffiti of what he saw. It is true that most of the signs are Egyptian, and two names of kings may be recognized, but the whole thing does not make sense at all. Simply a decorative graffiti using Egyptian signs."

(Quoted from here.)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You can't really date a cave painting if it goes outside cultural lines.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
You can't really date a cave painting if it goes outside cultural lines.

You can if you catch hoaxers red handed while making it - which was the case in Gosford.

Harte

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

More of a joke really in relation to the helicopters and stuff, I just found it interesting.

as for the paintings in the caves of NSW

If it is a hoax then good on it, but is it that farfetched that ancient cultures could have crossed the seas in search of something and wound up in another country?

you don't really know unless you came from that time period and i am fairly sure noone on this website is over 2000 years old

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The heiroglyphs don't really say anything comprehensible and are mostly considered a hoax in Australia.
Imo the phoenician contact theory's with australia are more compelling, though still farfetched.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The heiroglyphs are about two egyptians who travelled to Australia by boat, and one of them died by a snake bite. The site is a burial ground for this guy. The first and main heiroglyph is of Anubis the god of embalming and cemeteries. Whether or not this is a hoax or not im not sure. Ive been to this site and it looks pretty cool though

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well if those are real and I'm not saying they are or are not. The meaning of Hieroglyphics means story telling.

English is based on 26 characters--letters. Letters that are combined into words...and then into sentences...which tell a story.

Ancient Egyptian writing uses more than 2,000 hieroglyphic characters. Each hieroglyph represents a common object in ancient Egypt. Hieroglyphs could represent the sound of the object or they could represent an idea associated with the object. Has any from Egyptology looked and try to tell the story yet?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Has any from Egyptology looked and try to tell the story yet?

Yes. See my reply from May 19th above and the links therein. :-)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Mentally handicapped? [ one of the links ]

And carving hieroglyphics? I have some thoughts on that...maybe later...

Kind of along the same line, there has been a covered up report of similar carving in the grand canyon...which brings us post flood [ in my mind ]

too bad that access to the cave has been cut off for safety reasons, and no genuine explanations are given about what is carved or how long it has been there.

I doubt we'll ever get to the truth from official sources. We may get there from talking to each other but this is super serious stuff and anyone with half a brain knows there is massive religious spin going on, could one doubt that this could get spin too? I don't.

Thanks for posting this...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by quadraphonic

"" Just goes to show we don't really know what went on in ancient times ""

Bull!

I guarantee, there are a few who know, and they've been working very very hard to see to it, that nobody admits that any of the masses have figure it out.

Don't look to some official to tell you, you're gonna have to put the pieces together yourself...which is quite a task

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I would think if it were true that Egyptians would be all over that. Wanting to boast of the abilities to sail that far. Which I do not doubt at all. Egyptians were great seafarers. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roman artifacts there.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I would think if it were true that Egyptians would be all over that. Wanting to boast of the abilities to sail that far. Which I do not doubt at all. Egyptians were great seafarers. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roman artifacts there.

The Egyptians were actually pretty average open sea mariners, its why they hired the Phoenicians for all their major trading and exploration by sea.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Info I thought some might find interesting related to this topic:

Incase some here weren't aware of it, here's an article about how scientists found coc aine and tobacco in ancient Egyptian mummies. Only problem, there was no coc aine or tobacco in Egypt or Europe at that time. So where did it come from?
www.newdawnmagazine.com...

Also there were a few guys who sailed a reed boat from the US to Spain last year to show that those type of boats could make it across the Atlantic ocean.
abcnews.go.com...

Some day and it won't be too long these so-called experts who claim ancient man was nothing more than glorified apes eating grass and as dumb as a rock, will have to eat crow. The irrefutable evidence is building more and more everyday. At some point the evidence that we were far more intelligent and capable will be so strong that they won't be able to deny it any longer and to do so will be so self defeating they will simple have to admit to it. You can only keep the truth down so long, it will be revealed! Our ancient pasts were full of some pretty amazing things. We've just begun to scratch the surface of all that went on with ancient humans. Just wait and see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join