It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry. The Brothers don't pay taxes.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
Next week join us as we talk about the salvation army and the Red Cross being harbinger of the NWO.

let's not compare the red cross to masonry. Red Cross is indeed corrupt, and their unfair manipulative practices and deception can be illustrated and backed up without grand speculation (e.g. the 9/11 funds misappropriation, the re-definition of fundraising beneficiaries, etc). I digress.

p.s. is it odd that I find more offense in comparing Masonry to the Red Cross, instead of comparing masonry to Luciferians?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by cutbothways

By the way, the upper level Masons receive a paycheck.

As Lodge Secretary, I receive an annual salary. So does the Treasurer.

So what?

Try again.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Masonic Light]

Haha are you serious? That sounds like members are making a profit to me. You're biased we undersand you're a mason you can't help it. No need to argue with me I'll be skimming the rest of your posts at best.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

................Really now?

You don't think that not for profit organizations pay their employees? .. Of which the Secretary IS? .. It requires a lot of work. Most I know donate their "salary" back to the Lodge.. though it is not required by any means.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I take it back saw that you guys do pay taxes for their salaries. So now I'm wondering what the problem is? Unless of course it's masonry disinformation!?

But yeah if you realy do pay taxes on your salaries and what not I suppose I have to apologise and I might.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by endrun
reply to post by cutbothways

CBW, YOU are the one who started this thread, so don't complain because Masons are defending their organization - YOU have printed lies, libel, and slander against the Masons. (Aren't hate speech and lies against the ATS T&C's?)
And then you wonder why there are 7 Masons refuting your hate-filled, biased lies? It would seem that you have big issues with the Masons and I think that is clouding your judgment.

theres NO WAY to know if its lies and slander or NOT???

Because you guys have something called "Secrecy" Therefore theres totally no way to know if your lying or not!

Also, you said the Masons are never involved in politics, well why were most presidents masons? Thats direct involvement IMO.

I dont nessisarily think they are evil, but i know for a fact most of them are greedy, and have SERIOUS attitude problems, they just simply think they are better than everyone else. Thats a personal expierance from the ones ive met, and the ones who post on ATS.

Anyways, as long as Masons have "secrecy" we will never know the truth about them, their motives, etc. So i personally dont waste my time, i generally consider them as pawns in the game of chess.

Yes, pawns. lol

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

The entire point of the thread is lost with everyone.

It was created by the OP, Cutbothways, which believes Masons are evil because...

Well just because.

And being evil satanist that we are, we MUST be cheating the tax system!

But we are'nt. So he decided fine, because Masonry is evil it simply doesn't deserve to be tax exempt! .. but ah .. no one agrees. Soo .. now it's just a regular "I hate Masons becuase I just do damnit!" thread, of which, has no meaning what so ever.

Disinformation .. maybe. Ignorant loony OP? ... I thinks so.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Because you guys have something called "Secrecy" Therefore theres totally no way to know if your lying or not!

Secret = handshakes. Nothing else. So, your point is moot.

lso, you said the Masons are never involved in politics, well why were most presidents masons? Thats direct involvement IMO.

Mmm... something like 16 actually.. and uh, they run for President.. by themselves.

Masonry is not political, we do not follow a set political ideology and therefore.. we are not political. believe it or not, they just got to where they got through personal strengths. And just being a good politician, what ever that means to you.

but i know for a fact most of them are greedy

Fact eh? .. And um, how do you know this lol...

and have SERIOUS attitude problems, they just simply think they are better than everyone else.

Based on? .. How do you come to such conclusions? .. Why do antis have an inferior complex?

So i personally dont waste my time, i generally consider them as pawns in the game of chess.

I generally just consider folks like you to be .. tools.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Also, you said the Masons are never involved in politics, well why were most presidents masons? Thats direct involvement IMO.
14 out of 43. Less than 1/3. A far cry from "most".

i know for a fact most of them are greedy, and have SERIOUS attitude problems, they just simply think they are better than everyone else.
Let's see, roughly 1.5 million Masons alive and active today... most connotes > 50%... you know for a fact that there are more than 750,000 greedy Masons with attitude problems? Please name them. Alphabetically. Or perhaps you're exaggerating a bit when you say you know for a fact.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just got back from work- trying to buy a "big house". That would be a result of HARD WORK, as I am not a Masonic brother (tongue in cheek). I noticed that cutbothways made a statement (paraphrase) that "all Masons and supporters have Latin names or Masonic symbols (avatars?)."

1. My name is Italian, and I'm damn proud of it.
2. Where's MY symbol? Robert Heinlein in front of a chalkboard giving a lecture?
3. You've won- you got under my skin with the bashing of my faith and church. It really irritates me. Alot.

So I got to thinking while I was toiling at work. I thought to myself "What kind of 'Christian' preaches hate for his fellow man"? Wanna know what I came up with?

Our good buddies at the Westboro Baptist "church". Let us know where you sit on Sunday so we can sit next to you and praise a God that hates our troops fighting overseas, homosexuals, and of course, everybody that isn't a member of Westboro Baptist.

Got ya figured out kid.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Shriners Childrens Hospitals and Burn Centers, Scottish Rite Childhood Language Disorder Clinics, Knights Templar Eye Foundation, Royal Arch Research Assistance, etc., etc., provide service to everyone regardless of Masonic affiliation.

What about it? I dropped out of the Shrine before Theron was even a member of it. When he began considering dropping out himself, we had a couple of long conversations about it.

First, your bragging about the Shriners Hospitals (first on your list), then you denounce the Shriners when I show the truth. What is it? Are you for Shriners (have to be a Master Mason to join) or against?

Since 1969, the Internal Revenue Service has not required nonprofit hospitals to provide any specific level of charity care. In 2005, the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress, measured charity care offered by nonprofits and for-profits and found little difference between the two.

A Virginian-Pilot analysis of statistics gathered by Virginia Health Information, a nonprofit group, found that nonprofits statewide provided charity care equal to 3.3 percent of gross patient revenue in 2005. For- profits' rate was 1.9 percent.

Nonprofit hospitals' tax breaks - and the question of whether they provide enough community benefits to justify them - are under scrutiny in Washington. The IRS, the GAO and the Senate Finance Committee are all studying the issue.

"While many nonprofit hospitals do good work, too many nonprofit hospitals get big tax breaks but provide small benefits to those in need," Sen. Chuck Grassley, the Iowa Republican who has spearheaded the Finance Committee study, said in July. Nationwide, nonprofit hospitals' tax exemptions are estimated at more than $12 billion.

hamptonroads.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

There's no way to know if *anybody* is telling the truth, including me, you, or any other ATS member. Personally, I tend to try to trust folks until they give me a reason to think otherwise.

I already addressed this. 15 Presidents of the United States have been Freemasons. 43 Presidents (i.e., all of them) have been Christians in some form or another.

Therefore, using the same logic, you would have to say that there is a direct involvement in the presidency by churches.

I dont nessisarily think they are evil, but i know for a fact most of them are greedy, and have SERIOUS attitude problems, they just simply think they are better than everyone else. Thats a personal expierance from the ones ive met, and the ones who post on ATS.

lol. *My8 personal experiences tell me the same thing about the anti-Masons. Imagine that!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

First, your bragging about the Shriners Hospitals (first on your list), then you denounce the Shriners when I show the truth. What is it? Are you for Shriners (have to be a Master Mason to join) or against?

Your statement, as usual, is false.

I neither "bragged" about the Shriners Hospitals, nor did I "denounce" any Shriners. I pointed to the Hospitals as a charity, which they are, and which millions can attest to. Since you don't seem to remember, you're the one who asked if any Masonic charities went to non-Masons. And as I answered earlier, practically all of them do.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What is it? Are you for Shriners (have to be a Master Mason to join) or against?

this is known as the logical fallacy of false dichotomy / excluded middle / bifurcation... e.g. assuming there are only two alternatives when in fact there are more. For example, assuming Atheism is the only alternative to Fundamentalism, or being a traitor is the only alternative to being a loud patriot. Or as Colbert says: "Bush: Great president, or greatest president?"

Not that I think you even care about logic or the etiquette of healthy debate. You just want a soapbox to preach from, you care not about truth, facts or discussion.

There's a great saying that goes something like this: "Those who do all the talking only hear what they already know."

[edit on 20-5-2008 by scientist]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As a non-mason, I have to say reading this thread has been enlightening. Kudos to the masons here who are maintaining their calm and dealing with all of this craziness.

Here is an "observation" for some of the mason bashers:

Has it occured to you that the reason why there has not been 1 post that simply disproves you is because the nature of your accusations is so ludacrious that it cannot be proven wrong?

This is like me arguing that all mason-bashers are pedophiles that worship Satan and are Knights Templar that dress in pink kilts. You cannot prove me wrong on this, because the nature of my accusation is completely made up so no one has previously ever thought of having to prove it wrong. As such, you will find no sources anywhere disproving even a portion of that statement. And since you can't prove it wrong, it MUST mean that my statement is correct, right? Right?!

Also, Masonic Light - you are such a gentle soul for putting up with this. I formally had no opinion either way on the masons, but your responses along with the actions of other self-identified masons here has made me have a very positive opinion of you guys. I don't know how you put up with all of this stuff, but keep up the good work and know that those of us who can analyze the actual evidence know that the fraternity is a good organization.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The Scottish Rite has joined Bud, Jack, Crown, Chex and other companies as a NASCAR sponsor. The Scottish Rite announced on Saturday they have become the sponsor of Frank Cicci Racing's No. 34 Busch Series Chevrolet and driver Brian Conz, who is a Scottish Rite Mason.
Financial terms of the sponsorship were not announced. A 2004 article on nascar.com reported that companies were paying around $10 million ($10,000,000.00) for a primary sponsorship that placed logos on the upper hood area, the quarter panels, part of the TV panel, and some of the B-post and deck lid.

"This isn't just about paying $10 million to put your logo on the hood of a car," said Roush Racing's Geoff Smith. "You have to realize that this goes beyond just the car — it includes uniforms, transporters and the rights to use the drivers for company marketing purposes."

And what do you get for $15,000,000?

"You have bought the car," said Smith.

burningtaper.blogspot.com...

Non-profit?

Why the advertising? Need to cook the books again.

No evidence here. Move along little kiddies.

How much influence do the Freemasons have on your department and city/county/state government ?

All the chiefs in the history of my doepartent have been Freemasons. When I came on 25 years ago, the chief was actually insulted if you did not try to join a Masonic lodge. Almost all the supervisors, detectives, narcotics and traffic bureau people were Freemasons, and the "profane" were expected to trudge along as patrolmen for their entire careers. It seemed like about half the traffic stops you made, someone would be tappong a compass ring on the door as you approached

forums.officer.com...

[edit on 20-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

What's the Scottish Rite paying for all this national television exposure—plus the exposure at promotional events in which the Scottish Rite car appears at malls and such, plus the Scottish Rite logo showing up on the team's souvenir merchandise at the track and online, and so forth? Nothing. Dodd says the Rite's only contribution is "some staff support." Dodd also acknowledges that buying placement on the hood of a Busch Series car would generally cost, for a commercial sponsor, up to and over $2 million per season.

I called Joe Hill, head of public relations for Brian Conz's racing team, and asked him to explain how he expected to make up this missing money. What is the team getting from the Scottish Rite in lieu of all that cash? "We're aligning ourselves with a dynamic, worldwide organization. We expect access and introduction to their members, who will assist us in meeting executive-level corporate leaders interested in getting involved with racing." Presumably, these rich and important men will prove useful in sponsoring race teams down the line.
www.slate.com...

So they didn't pay anything, so you can't go arguing about it being a waste of money. They got essentially free advertising in hopes of raising awareness about Masonry.

As you say, nothing to see here.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Either way, there's no doubt this ad buy is easy on the marketing budget. (Not like the Masons need it. They recently sold some real estate they owned in Chicago for more than $50 million.)

www.slate.com...

They got a 10 million dollar advertising account for free??
"Rich and powerful men"

Elitist losers, IMO

[edit on 20-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So you're not happy if they're spending money; you're not happy if they're not spending money; you're not happy if they're making money, and you're not happy if they're not making money...

Do you really have a position on this? Or are you just spouting out random sources as you Google them without any actual thesis of your own?

[edit on 5/20/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just a thought, I didn't read each page but, there is a major difference between non-profit and not for profit. Non-profit, to me, is a bad business or one that is run in such a manor as to purposely not make a profit for tax puposes. I run a "Non-Profit" language school in Mexico, and I'll tell you most people are initially impressed...like I'm a charitable guy (which I am). But, I'd love for it to be a "Profit" language school.

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuauhtemoc

"Not-for-profit" refers to an activity, for example, a hobby (like fishing).

"Nonprofit" refers to an organization established for purposes other than
profit-making. Note here that nonprofit does not necessarily mean
"charitable."
www.idealist.org...

If you teach because you like to teach, and don't charge tuition, it's not-for-profit.

If you've established a school, charge tuition, pay your bills, and don't divest any additional proceeds, you've got a non-profit organization.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join