It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry. The Brothers don't pay taxes.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutbothways
reply to post by lost in the midwest

The Vatican. What a joke. The world biggest secret cesspool of pedophiles and satanic worship.

Who do you think the masons work for? The Holy See. And he answers to the See (Queen Elizabeth)

The Vatican. Another non-profit raking in the bucks institute of lost souls.
[edit on 19-5-2008 by cutbothways]

Alright, I believe I have held my proverbial tongue long enough... As most of the Masonic brothers on this board can attest, I had a "change of heart" about Freemasonry not too long ago. Somebody on the board was bashing the KOC, and I realized how pathetic it is to bash a service organization that chooses to remain somewhat private in it's internal ritual.

That said, and keeping within the board topic... I fully believe that Masonic Lodges should be non-profit, and thus tax exempt. Many folks, Masons and non, have made mention of the many charities, hospitals, and convalescent homes that Masonry supports.

Who cares if they pay their officers? It's a full time job! Of course they pay Federal income tax on their wages.

I'm not sure if your parents didn't love you enough growing up, or you just got out of bed on the wrong side, but you've got some deep-seated anger in you pal.

Insulting my (and others') faith and making accusation without basis or proof is childish and petty. Do you have any documentation to back up the above claims, or did you just come up with this on your own?

Seek professional help as quickly as possible. Too bad the Masons don't have a mental hospital- that would be irony.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wyattmyatt

What are the purpose of your posts?

Have you some evidence, or a useful link,
or should we just accept your opinion as fact?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

thats what woke me up last night!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Alright, I believe I have held my proverbial tongue long enough... As most of the Masonic brothers on this board can attest, I had a "change of heart" about Freemasonry not too long ago. Somebody on the board was bashing the KOC, and I realized how pathetic it is to bash a service organization that chooses to remain somewhat private in it's internal ritual.

Isn't that sweet?

I ALMOST shed a tear from you passionate post.

NOT!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Isn't that sweet?

I ALMOST shed a tear from you passionate post.

NOT!

Ahh haa... the icing on the cake. You've just proven yourself (by your speech) to be either a teenager, or a person with the mentality of a teenager. Either way, hardly worth paying any serious mind to.

As far as the Catholic bashing, last time I checked, we worship the same God... I am just not a holy-rolling, Christ commando as you seem to be.

See you in hell.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk/cutbothways
Noticed a peaceful silence from His Worshipfulness AugustusMasonicus.

Awww, my little stomperino, is that my new nickname? Am I no longer 'Mr. Latin Lovin Masonic Satanic Puppet'? How about Mason #9?

Perhaps you would like me to address your post? Besides being a member of the money-grubbing Freemasons, who actually do perform charity work on occasions, I happen to belong to a Corvette club and a model train club. Both of these are also non-profits and do not pay taxes and neither of them does any chairty work what-so-ever. My goodness, I hang around with so many evil scumbags I wonder how I can even stand myself.

You may now resume your normal hate-filled prosyletizing.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

In reply to your question, where have you presented any actual facts? I was questioning your material and reasoning. If you would like to discuss facts I'm sure myself and the other brothers that have posted here would discuss in an adult and mature manner, rather than conducting a slander campaign which is what the majority of your posts have been focused on.

good day sir.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You quote Robert Heinlein in your signature.

First is on its own merit. The novella "Revolt in 2100" stands at the beginning of a long tradition of undergrounds battling future tyrannys. Here Heinlein gives us a Masonic cabal subverting a future American theocracy. Its protagonist gradually finds himself, for the love of a woman, transformed from guard of the Prophet to a revolutionary and questioning his own most basic beliefs.

www.amazon.com...

I can sense a shill from a trillion electrons away.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I love you.

You are a very powerful person, I can tell.

stomperino. Not bad. I kinda like it.

Thanks for allowing me to resume mason bashing, your Worshipfullness of yourself.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

Have you actually READ "Revolt in 2100", or merely a synopsis? I'm assuming you have NOT, ere you would be able to grasp the context.

Go do your homework instead of bothering us... or you may get detention tomorrow.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am not a Mason, although I do know a couple. From reading this thread, it is obvious that the OP just has a hate on for Masons, and is just trying to goad people who belong to the Masonic institution into arguments. From an outsider looking in, everyone would just do well to ignore it.

The Masons in my community have done wonderful things, and I applaud them

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
When I get back to this thread, I would seriously suggest that all of this OFF TOPIC hogwash is out of evrybody's system.

Else I'm liable to do some bashing of my own.

Kapiche?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

yeah and jessie jackson gets a salary from rainbow push too , and all they do is extort money from white people

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

No matter how you boys try to skirt the issue,

Your hypocrisy is rife, duder.

You haven't addressed any of the rebuttals about the Mason's tax exempt status.

All you've done is scour your dubious sources for more examples of instances which you THINK serve your point, without responding to the posts which have demonstrated how ludicrous the original post was.

You would serve your argument better if you responded to at least ONE of the rebuttals in turn...

...instead of posting crazy stuff like this:

Who do you think the masons work for? The Holy See. And he answers to the See (Queen Elizabeth)

If you knew your history, you would understand that Freemasonry's relationship with the Catholic Church is most certainly NOT one of servant/master. It has, in fact, deteriorated to outright hostility at times. Additionally, the Pope does NOT report to Queen Elizabeth. She is the titular head of the Anglican Church, not the Catholic Church.

You might be young, mate, but you can still exercise diligence in research instead of wasting everybody's time with claims that alienate those anti-Masons who might otherwise support your (holy?) quest and make this the more "numerically-even playing field" you are bemoaning a lack of.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It really sounds like someone has been reading too much Dan Brown. Masons, Knights Templar, the Catholic Church?

It is OBVIOUS to everyone that this guy is just trying to point troll and get people riled up enough to get themselves into trouble. Don't give him the satisfaction.

You know what guys? Both Masons and otherwise? If you ignore the thread it tends to slide down the page and go away. None of what he has posted is in the least incriminating or even reliable. Let it roll off your back and leave him to delusionally rant to himself.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

[So far, one anti-mason against 7 masons, in the conspiracy forum.]

Ok first of all i am NOT a mason, so don't even go there ok.

What i don't understand is why you have a problem with these guys helping people ? You make it seem like the Shriners hospitals are a bad thing, i bet there are hundreds of thousands of families that would tell you that you are so wrong. Next you're gonna say that St. Judes hospital is a bad thing too huh ? What about Jerry Lewis with his telethons, what's his ulterior motive ?

My uncles, aunts, mother, grandmother were all members of the Moose Lodge, sorry if you aren't familiar with it, don't know how big it is. When i was little they had penny socials to raise money for the charities that they gave money to, i believe they still do. They have a home for kids that need it, as well as other ways that they help people. Are they wrong for trying to help people ?

You complained about the masons helping out thier own, what's wrong with that ? If you were on a bowling league, or in a softball league and one of the members of your league became ill, or passed away, would it be wrong for the other members of the league to gather up some money to help out the family in thier time of need. Why is it so different and wrong for the mason's to do the same ?

I've been reading this thread and i'm sorry, but you just aren't making any sense to me. Seems like all you're doing is twisting things around to make your points look valid. I haven't seen you make one good point yet, show any evidence of wrong doing by the masons as a whole. And who cares if they buy a book, are you also against knowledge ?

I get the impression that you have some kind of vendeta against the masons. Did you try to join thier organization and maybe they refused you membership ?

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 20/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
And who cares if they buy a book, are you also against knowledge ?
[edit on 20/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

I don't think I have ever posted to ATS, but I have been reading the Secret Society posts for 6 or 7 years. At some point in the past, I created an account just so that I could see the useful icons that tell me what posts I have already read.

For all of my reading and for all of the interesting threads, the quote above is one that I think is very perceptive.

There are good masons and bad masons, just as there are good christians and bad christians. Life is full of good businessmen, bad businessmen, good employees, bad employees, good parents, bad parents, good cops, bad cops, etc., etc. etc.

The point is that the organizations of masonry and most of the people in it joined for good reasons and do good things.

Charity, even if it is small, is still charity. That is, something good in the world that would not have happened unless one person at one time decided that they would try to lend a helping hand.

Promotion of virtue, promotion of knowledge, and promotion of self-awareness, understanding, and moral improvement are good things, whether they are done on a large scale or a small scale.

I started reading this board when I was considering becoming a mason. I am now, six years later, master of my lodge, and I am getting ready to help my local scottish rite and york rite bodies, as both are struggling for younger members to take on leadership roles. I am also offering my services to help the jurisprudence committe of the grand lodge of my jurisdiction.

All I can say is that most of the people I have met through masonry are good people. Moreso, they are all trying to be better people everyday.

I can also tell you that masonry brought me to Christ.

I have seen no conspiracies, no claims to power, no vast sums of money.
My lodge has a running balance of under $2000, and makes no profit.
The building is owned by the hall association, which is a corporation, and which pays income tax for rental income.

To those who hate masons, and to the OP specifically, what else can we tell you?

You may answer that we can tell you the handshake. As for that, I can only say this: I knew it long before I became a mason, and I learned it the same day that I found ATS, six years ago. I found both the masonic handshake and the ATS board by doing a Google search with the term "Freemasonry" in it.

It's not the secret that matters. It's whether you can keep one. The reason no brother here will post the link for you, is that the lesson of the secret is not about the secret itself, but whether you are moral enough to keep your promise when given.

Do the google search, learn the word and the handshake, and know that that is all there is.

Fraternally,

dhlesq

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Cutbothways...

Interesting and valiant arguments against the Masons and their ilk. I have no knowledge of them but I commend your efforts against the throng of mason supporters you've had to defend against. I am being educated by this thread and appreciate its audacity and your tenacity. Seems you've stuck a few nerves. Bravo to your investigations and courage. In any event, the truth will always be the light. Flame on.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The OP's picture of Ron Paul is a fabricated mess. I can do better on Microsoft paint. Why do you goofballs hate freemasons so much? Judging by the way you veiw freemason, Io can see why the rest of the world thinks all the "conspiracy" guys are complete whackos. Because nearly everything I have seen on ATS about freemasonry is complete and utter BS.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

:puz
id a members religious denomination ever matter when being considered for membership to a lodge?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join