It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry. The Brothers don't pay taxes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
By the way, I wonder if it's in the tax code to allow this wonderful
non-profit organization to PURCHASE secret Vatican documents,
that the Vatican never had the right to sell in the first place.

The Holy See shocked the world when it announced that the Vatican Secret Archive would publish exclusive and previously unavailable source material on the hearings against the medieval warrior-monks. The announcement was of special interest to Freemasons and students of Masonic history, as many theorists trace modern Freemasonry's origins to the military-religious order, and the modern Masonic Templar organization is an important part of the fraternity today.
The Livingston Masonic Library may be the only Masonic-affiliated research facility to purchase a copy, and one of only a handful of copies in the entire United States.

www.nymasoniclibrary.org...

No wonder they are a non-profit club.

When you pay your officers top dollar, and make purchases of secret documents, it would be easy to line the book out to show zero.

How, is having 16 masonic presidents considered not being involved in politics.

Once again, I show the freemason morality of "cheating is ok" as long as
it is to protect the anti-God agenda of the brotherhood.

You guys are just beating a path to the doorway of Hades, aren't you.

(fixed missing source)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by endrun

Almost every source, is from a Masonic website.

You guys need to take it up with your brothers.

Kinda hard to deny your brothers accusing, isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutbothways
reply to post by endrun

Almost every source, is from a Masonic website.

You guys need to take it up with your brothers.

Kinda hard to deny your brothers accusing, isn't it?

I'm not a Mason, I'm not even a man. So, just because I don't agree with your ASSUMPTIONS you think I must be a Mason? How about this - I defend the Masons because I've known quite a few of them and they were all upstanding gentlemen who strive to be and do their best and to help others. My grandfather was a 33 degree and my dear friend and neighbor is also a 33 degree Mason. They were/are both very fine men.

This is a good example of your M.O. in research - you simply assume, rather than actually taking in what you read. Instead, you somehow twist things around trying to make the Masons look evil.
You still have not explained how being a 501 c3, tax-exempt entity is a bad thing; yet you report it like it is scandalous.

I have also noted that in another thread you actually called the Masons pedophiles. This is how you know I'm not a Mason; because if I were, I'd be suing the bejeezus out of you for liable.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by endrun]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Your argument is illogical. It's kind of like saying at least 38 Presidents have been Christians, so that means that churches should have their exempt status revoked because they're involved in politics.

See how dumb that was?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If any of you had actually been to a masonic lodge meeting even green lodge youd all realize that the brothers are some of the nicest, most caring , giving selfless individuals you will ever meet.

They are the type of people that would buy you lunch for a week strait if they knew you were short on money and would refuse payback.
The Shiners are an amazing part of The masonic rite and they help countless sick children and adults.

So Hear This.. if you see a top hat in the back window of someones car or the compass and square on their ring be nice.. there the person that would pull over if you had car trouble..

Masonry is about helping others and being a good brother.. Im so sick of people bashing them. So what if The masonic care center in utica is tax exempt they give free care to some folks and have regular community events(I use to work for a tv station in utica ny so im saying this first hand). They should be tax exempt .. the chicken take out church on the corner however does not deserve that status. But so is life
Joe

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Localjoe3]

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Localjoe3]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Do you pay income tax on your compensation?

Do you feel that the Masonic Library using
non-profit money to purchase Secret
Vatican document and not sharing them
with the public, is any better than the Vatican
keeping them secret in the first place.

Let me guess. The Knights Templar really
did commit sodomy and worship Baphomet.

Why else would they be kept secret...

FYI.

My Grandfather was a high level Elks member.

I loved my Grandfather, but if he were alive now,
I would have some serious questions for him.

He was an extremely haunted man in his later years.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i dont know about you guys, but the masons in my area are monsters. Just last week they collected around $1000 for a family that lives close to the lodge to help them pay for rent and utilities. There are no masons in the family, and nobody was asked to join. They were just a very caring family that needed help going through a rough patch.

Luckily there are evil-doers and monsters like masons out there to keep them going. Perhaps it's part of some sick twisted game of sadism. Or maybe it's just a prime example of what charity is really about.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

What is your affiliation with the Masons?

If you are not a Mason, how do you know
everything is on the up and up.

Are you privy to their secrets?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

I'm afraid there are multiple blood oaths preventing me from answering such questions. You must be well aware of the dangers in store for anyone that would presume to reveal any of the secrets of freemasonry unlawfully.

To play it safe, let's just say my source of masonic information is a high-frequency pitch that manifests messages in the form of delta waves while I'm going through REM sleep.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Localjoe3

Dude, you can reply directly to me if you want.

So far, I am the only one against masons in this thread.

There is no "you guys". It's just me against the gang.

And since they banned ChadAndrews, and I think
I angered Freight, looks like it may be just me for
a while. Oh well,

What did the bible say, a prophet is alone in the community?

Used to it, although people locally are starting to see the
foresight in my predictions. (I don't pull any punches in person
either). I've even stood in front of the courhouse protesting
cloud seeding.

I do this, because I care about our future.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

I'm afraid there are multiple blood oaths preventing me from answering such questions. You must be well aware of the dangers in store for anyone that would presume to reveal any of the secrets of freemasonry unlawfully.

To play it safe, let's just say my source of masonic information is a high-frequency pitch that manifests messages in the form of delta waves while I'm going through REM sleep.

Even I can get a laugh out of that. You are a master of sarcasm, you Worshipfulness

What the freak? 440 maybe?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

LOL.. Firstly, the organization that bought the Book is a research center, and thus, researching the works of the Church.

Secondly, the "secret document" is actually a BOOK that the RCC put together involving the Templars and the secret trials.

The book cost several hundred dollars. OMG. Those Evil Masons spent a few hundred bucks on a book?!

If it where around $100 I woulda bought one to, no doubt though, people would auction it. I am sure I will see a few from angry researchers throwing their books away on Ebay because it was a bunch of RCC BS.

I will sum up this book for you:

RCC: "Yes, we reacted on informant information as to the going-ons-of the Templar. We then researched the claims and held a private trial in the absence of any Templar. The Pope then decided all Templar where innocent and the information consisted of lies, all Templar where exonerated by the Church.

We then forgot to send the information to the French Government. By the time our secret trial arrived in France, the entire military order of the Templar had been dismantled, executed, tortured and land and wealth divided amongst French nobility and the RCC.

So obviously it was all the French Monarch's fault!"

Least the Church made a buck off it. Maybe they will stop sending begging notes to my home asking for obscene amounts of money.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

When you pay your officers top dollar

I'm not sure where you got that idea. In my own lodge, we pay only the Treasurer... he's a fine retired gentleman, but to suggest that he's paid "top dollar" isn't even close to reality... he's paid a few hundred bucks to cover some expenses and the inordinate amount of time and diligence he puts into it.

Masonic Light already showed you the absurdity of this claim, which you conveniently ignored.

Once again, I show the freemason morality of "cheating is ok" as long as
it is to protect the anti-God agenda of the brotherhood.

You have shown no such thing. "Cheating" in any form is certainly NOT OK to any Masons that I know, and there is nothing "anti-God" about Masonry, an organization that requires a belief in God to even join (yes, I know, it does not require a specific dogma, to which you subscribe...)

Certainly not.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by JustMe74]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMe74

Certainly not.

Well, if it's the opposite of where your going mate, I choose Hades.

EDIT: This is not directed towards Justme! lol

[edit on 5/19/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Well, if it's the opposite of where your going mate, I choose Hades.

I hope that wasn't directed at me!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The book cost several hundred dollars. OMG. Those Evil Masons spent a few hundred bucks on a book?!

Could you please post your source for this info. I wasn't able to confirm the amount that the Masons would pay for such a rare collection.

This unique work is being published in a limited run of 800 copies, under the supervision of Archive officials, and includes faithful replicas of the original parchments closely guarded at the Secret Archive, along with exclusive critical commentary on the minutes of the inquiry.

www.nymasoniclibrary.org...

If it was only a few hundred bucks, that would STRONGLY suggest ties between the Brotherhood and the Vatican.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If it was only a few hundred bucks, that would STRONGLY suggest ties between the Brotherhood and the Vatican.

Why? .. or rather.. How?

I don't get it. The book was bought by a Masonic Research Center, however, the book was offered to the public, not the Masons.

You see what you want to see!

ret Vatican City archive documents detailing the heresy trials of the Knights Templar are to be sold for the first time.

Eight-hundred copies of the document are being published and being sold for more than $8,000 each, except one copy that is being presented to Pope Benedict XVI. Libraries and scholars from around the world have already reserved most of the volumes being published.

LOL .. See, I knew there was a reason that I didn't buy one!

www.voanews.com...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Eight-hundred copies of the document are being published and being sold for more than $8,000 each, except one copy that is being presented to Pope Benedict XVI.

www.voanews.com...

Open mouth, insert foot.

I'll be the first one to call BS on the amount listed. People would pay millions to get their hands on ANY secret document from the Vatican, but especially for something as controversial as the Knights Templar.

As a rare book collector, I would have sold a few books, to get my hands on a copy. Of course, you had to be on the list of recipients, like the Masons.

Favortism, favortism. Can't the mason just earn their own bread, like the rest of us, or do they need to have their boo boos fixed by their oath taking brothers in their aprons and fluffy hats.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That post is a perfect public display of your personality.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Masonic Light

Do you pay income tax on your compensation?

Do you feel that the Masonic Library using
non-profit money to purchase Secret
Vatican document and not sharing them
with the public, is any better than the Vatican
keeping them secret in the first place.

I am not sure why I am bothering to post, but for your information, not that you will belive me, to be a tax excempt Library you have to be open to the general public. That means even you can visit the library and read all the Secret Vatican documents that they have there. You can verifiy this if you wish to take the time to read the tax codes. Oh sorry I forgot who I was talking to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join