It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Busts CIA-Backed Terror Group

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Iran Busts CIA-Backed Terror Group

www.tehrantimes.com

The Iranian Intelligence Ministry released details of the detection and dismantling of a terrorist network affiliated to the United States.

The group’s plans were devised in the U.S., according to the announcement, which added that they had planned to carry out a number of acts...

One of the terrorists was killed in the operation, but the rest are in detention...

The United States Central Intelligence Agency comprehensively supported the terrorist group...

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.propagandamatrix.com
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
A developing story. It will be interesting to see if the MSM picks this up and if so, how it will be spun.

However, I would not doubt that the CIA is VERY active in Iran these days.

Also will be interesting to see how Bush and Co. respond to this.

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Interesting! Nice find. I also believe that there is definitely a lot of Western covert activity in Iran today. There were a number of similar stories concerning Iraq.

Although more people should be aware of this it is standard procedure for most intelligence agencies to work like this.

Keep us posted!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Good find.

Who knows if this is propaganda from the Iranian press office or finally a shred of evidence to back up all our suspicions that America (and probably MI6 from Britain too) are on covert ops in Iran.

Its rather standard procedure actually, all countries are doing it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

They have done it in the past..

I wouldn't put it past them to still do this.. Besides they want Iran REALLY REALLY BAD...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am envisioning a plot....

The Bush and Cheney Corporate Govt WANTS war with Iran... so it sets up the usual intelligence. HOWEVER on this particular 'op' the mission IS to get caught (a handful of CIA patsies)... the outcome provides more tension and is just asking for some kind of escalated response from Iran.

With the hope that the response from Iran will be enough to "Justify" war.

Its like poking someone with a stick harder and harder until they snap at ya, then you kill them and say it was because they snapped at you.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wheres the proof? Perhaps its Iran's problems with the locals and not blame it on the U.S. Kind of like Iranians on U.S. with Iraq.
Iran's got its own insurgency aka freedom fighters to deal with. Crackdown on students would ensure retaliation. Blame it on U.S. instead of their own policies.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

and wheres the proof that iran is supporting the gureilla war in iraq? iraq themselves say theres none - all thats left is the `word` of the USA and who knows the USA could have just made the parts themselves to keep the war effort going.....

JAK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Related from crooksandliars.com:

Pentagon Propagandist General Calls for US to Sponsor Terrorism Against Iran

Last month on Fox News, Ret. Gen. Thomas McInerney, one of the Pentagon’s propaganda team of military analysts exposed by David Barstow in the NYT, openly called for the US to begin committing “tit-for-tat” terrorist attacks by proxy inside Iran.

McInerney: Here’s what I would suggest to you. Number one, we take the National Council for Resistance to Iran off the terrorist list that the Clinton Administration put them on as well as the Mujahedin-e Khalq at the Camp Ashraf in Iraq. Then I would start a tit-for-tat strategy which I wrote up in the Wall Street Journal a year ago: For every EFP that goes off and kills Americans, two go off in Iran. No questions asked. People don’t have to know how it was done. It’s a covert action. They become the most unlucky country in the world. …

The tactic that McInerney advocates of using Iranian opposition terrorist groups to carry out acts of terrorism inside Iran is not new, nor far-fetched. A little digging turned up numerous articles alleging that the pentagon had already been using the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK) and other groups in cross-border operations into Iran, at least until shortly after Sec Gates took over (Some news reports of attacks in Iran here, here, here, here, here. Iranian news video here).

Jak

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There is NO DOUBT that the CIA has authorized covert action in Iran for some time now.
Special Forces and the CIA have been conducting incursions and meeting up with local resistance groups:

blogs.abcnews.com...
www.atimes.com...

As well as flying UAV's over Iranian Nuclear Sites, a few of which have apparently crashed in Iran, (www.msnbc.msn.com...) they are also supplying and arming Iranian Resistance militias like People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (MEK) a designated Communist, terrorist group responsible for many bombing attacks on Iranian civilians:

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.campaigniran.org...

And here's Washington accusing Iran of sponsoring terrorism when they're blatantly doing the same thing...

Of course when America sponsors reprehensible groups and regimes it's "fighting for freedom", when anyone else does it's pure terrorism.

reply to post by JAK

Haha is it really that surprising coming from FOX?

These Hawks want to start sponsoring designated terrorists, and planning invasions on evidence that is neither verifiable nor well proven...

Yeah that's always been proven to be an effective tactic in the long-run just like we saw in Afghanistan, Nicaragua, Argentina and Iraq...
These idiots ever open a history book?

Unbelievable, their even accusing Iran of sponsoring Hamas now, and the Taliban?
Quagmire Part III: Coming to Iran soon.

[edit on 19/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Wheres the proof? Perhaps its Iran's problems with the locals and not blame it on the U.S. Kind of like Iranians on U.S. with Iraq.
Iran's got its own insurgency aka freedom fighters to deal with. Crackdown on students would ensure retaliation. Blame it on U.S. instead of their own policies.

I would like to believe that there is evidence of CIA misdoing, and I'm sure there is a certain amount of it.

There's just too much going on in the information wars right now to know what to believe at this moment.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Was this group called Al Quaida by chance???? or Al CIAda

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Related from crooksandliars.com:

Pentagon Propagandist General Calls for US to Sponsor Terrorism Against Iran

McInerney: Here’s what I would suggest to you. Number one, we take the National Council for Resistance to Iran off the terrorist list that the Clinton Administration put them on as well as the Mujahedin-e Khalq at the Camp Ashraf in Iraq. Then I would start a tit-for-tat strategy which I wrote up in the Wall Street Journal a year ago: For every EFP that goes off and kills Americans, two go off in Iran. No questions asked. People don’t have to know how it was done. It’s a covert action. They become the most unlucky country in the world. …

Jak

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it considered a war crime to indiscriminately and arbitrarily kill civilians in the general population as a punishment to the enemy? Kinda like lining them up and shooting 10 for every soldier killed? Wasn't all this clarified at Nuremburg?

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Because the Tehrantimes is a fair and accurate news source that is uncorrupted by government propaganda.

Call me cynical but it seems the media is really trying to churn the situation for higher oil prices. Oh gee look who benefits from the tension, Bush's oil company friends, Iran's oil company friends, Russia's oil company friends.......The pattern is getting obvious.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

A retired general makes a "suggestion" (meaning it has no been implemented yet, but is an idea) in public to the viewers. Not exactly a CIA admission that they are supporting the insurgency in Iran covertly.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What am I a mirage?

I gave you guys 5 links from Western media sources all reaching the same consensus as the original Tehran article.

Get a friggin' grip some of you. You think the CIA isn't already setting up the necessary dominos in Iran for the eventual invasion and regime change?

Nahh, your a nut. The CIA are wonderful folks, fine taxpayers who want a stable and free world, that's what their in the market for, that's what justifies their continual existence and funding: stability, peace, love and sharing.

Time to stop pouring the sugar here...

They go through these same steps every 15 or 20 years, whether it's Iran, Argentina, Nicaragua, Guatemala or Iraq; it's a regime change, nothing more.
Covert action is the first step towards supplementing that.

Arming the resistance, making connections, setting up the destabilization, false flag attacks, then they generally work their way up to assassinations and outright terrorism before the dominoes fall and the Marines roll in.

Then you've got yourself Quagmire 3.0 Iranian Edition.

But no, some of you prefer to wrap a blindfold so tightly around your head you can't hear the wolves howling yet again...
That's alright though, everyone prefers to go at their own paces, by the time you figure out what's going on you'll probably be in a bodybag.

[edit on 19/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am of the eye for an eye type.

Fight fire with fire.

If someone wants to fight, let em fight. None of this war crimes . . . all is fair in love and war.

If we have to bomb civilians to get a country to fall, so be it. If they have to do the same, so be it. But one country should not be surprised when the other rallies it's country and demolishes the opposition.

If the US wins, fine. If another country wins, fine.

Take off the gloves and go for it.

JAK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Fortunately I fail see that suggestion in my post. I say fortunately as I am also unable to recall making such a comment at the time and I should be most concerned if my memory failed me in such a short space of time.

I merely brought attention an article that was related in it's nature to the matter addressed in the opening post here. That the content submitted does not equate to "a CIA admission that they are supporting the insurgency in Iran covertly" is hardly a revelation, I'm sure it is a conclusion most are able to realise without much trouble.

However, I am still of the opinion which I stated in the post that the material contained is related to the point at hand. Am I obliged to adopt a position when offering a submission for consideration? Or am I, due to the content of the submission, merely viewed that way to suit the desires/political leanings of others?

If you find the content offered objectionable, object to it; point to it's flaws, by all means expose it's weakness and fallacies. But I hope your (politically motivated?) argument consists of more than either the erroneous presumption or purposely deceptive suggestion that I offered it as 'a CIA admission' for straw men burn quickly.

Jak

[edit on 19/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

strong words. you, your friends, and your family, your mom, and your dad can all be the 1st to die.

war isnt a game. people get hurt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join