It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This How We All Die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Look into it on the internet people.
Later this year, the worlds scientists at the CERN facility on the franco-swiss border are going to turn on their Large Hadron Collider and this could very probably cause the end of this planet altogether. Maybe even worse.
The senarios they are trying to recreate in this 27km particle accelerator involve smashing sub atomic particles together at speeds of 99% the speed of light. These collisions will likely result in not only uncontainable energy release but could also have devastating side effects like antimatter and even black holes.
When this machine is turned on, it may not end the world, but this machine will be in use for decades to come, it will be used for many experiments, all involving colliding matter together as super speeds, so one day, one day it may end us all.
Of course this is a topic already discussed etc but i fail to understand how it recieves so little attention, this is a very real threat.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It hasnt been "ignored" , it has indeed been discussed in many many threads and nearly all the fears people had have been put to bed.

I would suggest reading all the other threads, hopefully this will get rid of any worries you may have

Some people still worry no matter what, all i can say if thats the case, take deep breaths and open a few cans of Stella. Works a treat for me

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
if an event in my time frame marks a change in the perception of your reality like life or death would you fear changes in my reality?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite

Some people still worry no matter what, all i can say if thats the case, take deep breaths and open a few cans of Stella. Works a treat for me

Drinking alcohol to forget reality doesnt work very long. Needs repeating a lot and so we march into the battlefield of alcoholism; where nothing gets done ...where everything gets to be too heavy to accept and where the soul loses.
Very good advise it seems...

Forgetting doent make the world better, only vaguer.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
if an event in my time frame marks a change in the perception of your reality like life or death would you fear changes in my reality?

I wouldnt fear changes, but I would very well try to get to a point where we would get to agree on a shared reality...and preferably one that isnt all-exclusive.
I change my reality on a daily basis; I try to not ever stop learning and tweaking my grasp on my reality. Sharing my view of reality with the souls that populate my reality has given me more insights into a lasting, workable reality. So yes, your reality DOES influence mine. And therefor I hpe you also are in favor of a reality which is peaceful, yet ever changing, ever growing...are we in the same reality?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I can bet you that the only things to come out of this will be educational. New types of matter will be discovered. No one will be killed. The planet will survive. The Large Hadron Collider will herald a new beginning in particle physics.

Its ok to be scared. People were scared of airplanes, trains, cars, motorbikes, etc.

This thing doesn't scare me at all. If it was so dangerous it would not have gotten the ok to be built. If the possibility of an experiment going wrong was more likely than not then it would not have been built.

In the words of Bob Marley "Every thing's gonna be alright".

Once you think back to all the times when there was a great invention about to be completed and the worries/fears that came with it (usually with no substantiated evidence) its easier to dismiss these fears as paranoia.

That being said, Its easy to see why people are nervous about this thing. It could potentially (not very likely) create a type of matter which reacts violently with something else and could cause either small/large/massive scale damage.

I just sit back and try not to think about it. I have this feeling that nothing out of the ordinary will happen to me in life.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dervishmadwhirler

Originally posted by expatwhite

Drinking alcohol to forget reality doesnt work very long. Needs repeating a lot and so we march into the battlefield of alcoholism; where nothing gets done ...where everything gets to be too heavy to accept and where the soul loses.
Very good advise it seems...

Forgetting doent make the world better, only vaguer.

I never once mentioned drinking to forget?

I like a drink to relax with, if you drink to forget things then im sorry, perhaps some help should be sought.

Good luck with that

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
oooh world destruction, time travel, universal disruption, black holes, new understandings of the universe..whatever happens won't it be exciting. Just think if there are time travelers roaming about perhaps this is where they say...this is where it all began..or ended

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
To the OP...

Listen to Dr Kaku...

I'm sure he'll put your mind at rest.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This thing doesn't scare me at all. If it was so dangerous it would not have gotten the ok to be built. If the possibility of an experiment going wrong was more likely than not then it would not have been built.

That's not true at all. Scientists do all sorts of stupid # all the time "in the name of science." It's an established fact that no one had any clue what would happen when the first hydrogen bomb was exploded in the atmosphere, and a popular theory was that the atmosphere could be set ablaze and everyone on the planet might die horribly. We leap before we look when it comes to the scientific community. The truth is that there is probably a lot more than "hedron colliding" going on here. This is a total black op!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Although I DO believe that some fears concerning this topic are well founded, I just dont see it happening. There are far too many safety nets (since we are on ATS some of those safety nets could be A) Gods word to us in the bible B) Angels would protect us C) Aliens would protect us etc...).

However, since they are having problems at CERN with the HC at the moment, maybe they dont get it up and running til Dec 21 2012?

In all seriousness though, I don't 'feel' that we have anything to worry about. Good OP though, it raises some good questions, questions that we should all be asking ourselves...

new topics

top topics

join