It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in Extra Terrestrials?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kam6670
I believe because I don't like to think we're arrogant to believe we are the only ones in the universe. I have all the old questions...how did the Egyptians build pyramids where did atlantis go? things like that.

Yeh - I've always heard things like those ones and in fact people says they were who helped them to build them because they're quite exact and that stuff. I has been checking out a thread related (not directly) and maybe they're both related

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Why do I believe in aliens? It is because there is more modern day evidence of alien life than there is of god(s).

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inceptor
Like the two posters above me, I believe it would be awfully closed-minded to think that we are the only intelligent life in the universe. Space is just so vast and we know so little a

LOL - I'll just borrow and quote you.

It's Logical.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hi,

Anyone who does not beleive should visit www.richplanet.net,
this site gives a good overview and leaves you fairly convinced in UFOs

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Seen and experienced enough stuff to prove to myself, without a doubt, they exist.

They have been documented in history, documented in various accounts of abduction/sightings.. they have influenced mainstream media/movies etc.

With the size of the universe (regardless of proof of UFO's etc) it'd be slightly ignorant to say otherwise.

edit: and as an earlier poster stated.. the believe and not believe is a divide and conquer strategy! It's not much different to the republic/democrats... haha.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

I'll tell you what my friend- the Battle of Los Angeles scares the poo outta me.

This particular event validated the entire phenomenon during my initial quest for truth.

All I can picture is a bunch of ET's (or whoever was in that craft) laughing their butts off as we tried in vain to pelt them with metal slugs. I almost think they were waiting for us to use a nuke so they could laugh after we annihilated the entire Los Angeles area!

I wish I could talk to someone who had seen it in person.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
God, Angles, Demons, advance souls, joe shmoe and Et's they're all the same putas
....and they all have more power then your sorry asses.Thats why I believe.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by pak88]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I believe that there is a .0001 % chance that we ARE alone in the grand cosmic cathedral. Its just plain dumb and ignorant to assume we are not.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Considering the vastness of the universe, if life happened once, it probably has happened many times.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well I believe for the same reason alot of the world does...

Science and mathematical probability,the Drake equation comes to mind,also th fact that at current estimate here is 27 sextillion stars in the universe-it is just straight ignorant given the number of stars and the odds to think we are the only intelligent life in the ENTIRE universe,I am a man of science and it states that the odds are extremely small that we are it.Also not to believe is putting a limit on God's power to create.

Also lets keep in mind that ALL the people who claim to "know"about aliens can NOT ALL be lying,let alone numerous UFO sightings and stunning agreement of what aliens look like(Greys).

To sum it up,it is just IGNORANT to think we are the only or most advanced species in the INFINITE UNIVERSE..............at worst there are "primitive"lifeforms out "there".

EDIT to add:Star and flag.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Well,I saw a triangle ufo about 15 or so years ago.

alright Acid,

That reason alone is all you need to believe in them. Jaime Mauzan believes in them solely because he's seen UFO footage/video. so I would say having a sighting is a very good reason to believe in them. congratulations.

WRONG.

very dangerous belief you have going on there.

haven't you heard of area 51?? or the Nazi Bell craft?

you see a flying saucer.. do NOT believe instantaneously that it is alien.
in my opinion. .MOST LIKELY .. 99% of the craft we see are human-driven.
or some kind of genetically modified human made to look like an alien.

i believe in life out there because of the MATHS.
and because i just WANT to believe that heheh.

but don't look at a saucer or triangle and say "i saw an alien now i know they exist"

BAAAAD MOVE.

-

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I've thought a lot about this through the years, do I believe in life elsewhere and here's my take:

I'm keeping an open mind. I cannot begin to comprehend how vast our universe must be so to dismiss the possibility of life elsewhere in that great void would be foolish. I want to believe, and I am on the edge of jumping into the believer's circle - what keeps me out is that one grain of doubt that can only be dissolved by seeing the evidence with my own eyes, experiencing it for myself. I've never seen an alien craft. Only once in my life have I seen something in the sky that I cannot explain - and it could very well have a perfectly terrestrial explanation, so in my mind it is not the proof I seek.

I believe the the stuff posted on this site and other sites across the internet about UFOs need to be thought about rationally and carefully. The vast majority in my opnion are hoaxes or fanciful writings of people who want so desperately to have experienced something fantastic. That being said, there are, in my opinion, stories, photos and videos that I believe are the real deal (not hoaxes or made up) and cannot be easily explained. They are few and far between but like most things in life, I think you get 95% filler and 5% real product, which pretty much sums up what I've seen on the internet. Incidentally the read on project Serpo was a good read, but there were too many inconsistencies.

Please, if you've got a link that you feel isn't a hoax or some other explainable phenomena (like terrestrial aircraft, birds, natural phenomena like sundogs, etc) please post them.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Their are billions of stars and billions of planets , to assume they are all here for us is the height of arrogance.

This is the rule that i subscribe to ... however.....

If the Universe is infinate then an infinate possabilty exists of life occuring , it is a 1 in 1 chance in an infinite universe.... but ... what if we are the 1 chance.. the one instance of life occuring .. a chilling prospect .. although i lean more towards my first assumption.

[edit on 19/5/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My other reason for believing in alien life is because of a type of creature we find on earth. So called, extremophiles, these little blighters can be boiled, irradiated, frozen, dehydrated and mana other horrible things besides and they just won't die!

These little miracles are what make me believe that life can exist in the most horrible and nonconducive conditions. then there are the caves in siberia, sealed off for thousands of years from any form of sunlight. All the life is blind and survives on merely a layer of bacteria, imagine that, an entire ecosystem, devoid of light surviving on bothing but a scum layer of bacteria floating on water. The life isn't simply either, it's advanced insectoid life, hunters, grazers and other insects, all blind and having adapted incredible mechanisms to survive and exist.

Then there are the classic volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean. Again there is no light and they live merely frm the mineral content of the water and the heat produced from the vents. Shellfish which we eat die in normal boiling water. The shellfish around these vents are submersed in super heated water, at the temperature of molten lead, under incredible pressure that would crush any land animal and they not only survive, they thrive.

That is why i believe in alien life, because life seems to desperately burst into existence at the first possible opportunity.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Wow. it looks to me like you just joined ATS today. Let me be the first to recognize that and welcome you.

That was a very well thought out post, and well spoken.
I look forward to reading more of what you have to say in future threads.

You asked specifically for people to post links to the real stuff, and I will humbly submit that as a new person, the best way to find the best cases IMHO is to start with Gazrok's compilation regarding the best UFO Cases.

It is listed among the threads with the green stickies on the main page of the Aliens & Ufos Forum. The other sticky threads will help you in your quest as well.

I'll not detract too much from this thread, but that should point you in the right direction, and if you're looking to find the Battle of LA case (which in my opinion is one of the best cases out there as far as evidence is concerned) you can find it linked in my signature.

Sorry to be off topic, but I just can't let such a great post by a total newbie go by without saying "Welcome!"

-WFA

(Not directed at sos37)
On another note, Quantum Squirrel is an awesome username!
And extremophiles are exactly what I think we're seeing on Europa...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dhardeman

Well, they didn't shoot back
But yes I'd have defecated in my pants also (is that a nice enough way of saying that? Is there a nice way to say that?
)

At any rate the case is strong evidence of ET Visitation.

I'm a bit more apt to envision several hundred years from now, when WE finally arrive to survey THEIR world

Can you imaging the awkward pauses?

Humans: "So yeah, those ships of yours look familiar, where have I seen that before?"

Aliens: "Wait, where did you guys say you were from?"

Humans (Suddenly remember BOLA): "Ooooohhhhh. That's it."

Aliens: "You guys are from Earth?"

Humans: "Um.... yeah that was us. We were very immature as a species back then.... um.... yeah..."

But you could be completely right, perhaps I'm too optimistic regarding the 'evolved state' of a potentially advanced race.

As usual you make a great point, and we can't accurately guess their motives.

-WFA

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Let me ask you this: Do you believe in God,or any supreme being?

If you do,you are believing without seeing,it's the same s believing in aliens/UFOs.

There is no proof of either,but it is infact far more likely that there are other forms of life as intelligent or more intelligent than us than there is some "All powerful,all seeing spiritual entity that created and oversees everything,and that has eternal life".

I believe in both.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't believe that we've been visited but I do believe there's life elsewhere in the universe due to the statistical probability. Sometimes though, a fleeting thought enters my mind, what if we really are the only life in the universe, what if we are the beginning and it's our destiny to spread life throughout the universe? Life in the universe has to start somewhere and in one place if you go back far enough, we might be the starting point, if we are the first beings in the universe I think I'd feel very alone, in a cosmic sense.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't believe in them 100% but based on what we know and our current understanding, I believe it is extremely probable that other intelligent life exists out there. Whether any of them have been to Earth or not is another matter. I have seen no convincing evidence of such.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As an astrophysicist and cosmologist, and a naturalist, it would be blasphemy and entirely illogical to have understood deeply fundamental aspects of the universe while at the same time denying the possibility of life on other planets. In fact, I firmly think it is not only highly illogical to believe that life does not exist elsewhere, but that anyone who does believe we are entirely alone, has little understanding of reality.

We are on one planet, around one star, among countless others. I follow the principle that, while this is a special place, it is not the only special place in the universe. Maybe if there was only one star, and one planet, and one person, and one tree, one fish.. However that is not the way the universe is. It is fractal in nature, universal forms unfolding as a process throughout. We are a process in a much larger process, we are one form of many.

Now, on to 'visual evidence' based belief: yes I have seen things that any logical person would conclude, after all other possibilities are exhausted, are craft/crafts being manipulated by intelligence of some sort. Groups of stars don't normally bunch up and depart along a specific trajectory, from a stationary position. Aircraft normally make noise and follow FAA lighting laws.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join