It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Of The Crystal Skulls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Tonight, SciFi network had a program on entitled, "Mystery of the Crystal Skulls." It was really fascinating, although I feel they took way too much liberty with assumptions with thier origins as well as thier meanings, locations and even legends. In the program, they connect the Mayan prophesy of 2012, Atlantis, the face on mars, NASA conspiracy, and the cyrstal skulls all rolled into a 2 hour special. Really it was entertaining, but very few real facts were exposed. It was more of a hype piece that seemed to be directed towards peaking curiosity and promoting the new Indiana Jones. It did succeed at peaking my curiosity though.

Link to SciFi story

You can follow the link if you have not seen or heard of this show.

I am curious what other people's views are on the skulls. Are they real? Are they as old as some would lead others to believe? Do they have the power to save humanity from the apocolypse that 2012 is said to have in store for us as the scifi special implies?

I know there are other threads on this topic, and I did spend some time reading them, but with the new hype about this old topic, I thought a fresh conversation would be welcomed.

My personal view on the skulls is, well, I think I am indifferent to them. I think they are from much more modern times than some would like to believe. Sure part of me wants to grab onto the whole mystery of them. Who would not want to think that there is some great quest out there to save the world, but the more realistic side of me says they are just a flight of fancy.

Aaron

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If you have a microscope and an opinion you can "prove" the crystal skulls were fake, apparently. At least that's what some would have you believe.

No one is really ever going to know. I doubt there's any correlation between 2012 and these skulls ... or Atlantis, or the Kennedy Assassination.

They're simply carvings ... whether done in ancient times ... or in more modern times.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I watched that too. Cool, huh! If I remember it correctly, they need all 13 skulls by 2012 to complete a circle of enlightenment. Currently, there are only 7 or 8 of them known to exist. I hope that more do surface and are brought together. I guess that we'll all have to wait and see.
As for their construction, all that I've ever heard is that it took generations of craftsman to make these incredible objects. Fakes, I think that statements like that are as pathetic as those who say the aliens built the pyramids and not the ancient peoples all over the Earth.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yah I saw how they were saying that all thirteen must be found to possibly save the Earth. What if it were wrong and that they were all seperated for a reason? What if bringing them together caused the apocolypse and someone got the prophecy backwards? Now there is a conspiracy...

There are a lot of things that cannot be explained in this world. It is nice to have some mystery I think though. I just thought it was interesting how the notion of all of those things like what I mentioned in the OP about the mayans, atlantis, etc. and even the allignment of the center of the universe are all being tied together in the program. The problem was that they did not give anything, and I mean anything to go on. Everything was just a huge, far reaching assumption and/or speculation. The program was a good idea, but seemed to be done very quickly with a lot of hype.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
When you consider the very real fact that no crystal skull has ever been documented to have come from any archaeological site, and that every "mysterious" crystal skull ever examined microscopically shows signs of the use of modern machinery in it's manufacture, I think it makes sense to come to the conclusion that the entire thing is a bunch of hooey.

Harte

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ppfffft. Since when does anyone listen to "sense"?

Pay no attention to Harte. He's going to attempt to derail this thread with "scientific research", "fuzzy facts" and "logic". LOL. I'm joking of course.

Much like Bigfoot or UFOs, there's no real documented bassist for many of the legends surrounding the Crystal Skulls, but it sure is fun to expand on some of the myths and ponder "what if's" regarding these artifacts. I especially like the idea of apocalypse when the skulls are brought together. Sounds like a nice twist at the pinnacle of a movie plot.

I think the whole 2012/Crystal Skulls theories are relatively new. I'd never thought much about the correlation between the two until recently. I'd always heard more about how the Skulls were some sort of communications devices, "gateways" or informational storage devices that could hold info for thousands of years.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The crystal sculls have been proven to be modern fakes;

"Two of the best known crystal skulls - artefacts once thought to be the work of ancient American civilisations - are modern fakes, a scientific study shows.

They are the focus of the story in the latest Indiana Jones film.

But experts say examples held at the British Museum in London and the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC are anything but genuine.

Their results show the skulls were made using tools not available to the ancient Aztecs or Mayans.

Researchers say the work, published in the Journal of Archaeological Science, should end decades of speculation over the origins of these controversial objects.

A team including Margaret Sax, from the British Museum in London, and Professor Ian Freestone, from Cardiff University, used sophisticated techniques to work out how the two skulls had been made";

Full story;

news.bbc.co.uk...

I believe the latest scientific testing and historical and archaeological research which proves that the sculls are modern fakes. Its a shame, BUT IMO this is most likely to be true.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

Apparently, the crystal skulls have information in them.
I'm thinking optical hard drives???
I guess we need an optoelectronic computer and then go from there.
I'm sure the aliens have used optical hard drive for years
and get a good laugh when they see our magnetic hard drives.
MJ-12 could probably tell us what information is in one of the real
skulls. They have access to the best technology on earth and not on earth.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

actually, they have ran tests on "authentic" crystal skulls and have found NO evidence of ANY tool being used...
perhaps it was polished over a long period of time...

but that was the reported case on the ones that they have excavated

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Harte

actually, they have ran tests on "authentic" crystal skulls and have found NO evidence of ANY tool being used...
perhaps it was polished over a long period of time...

but that was the reported case on the ones that they have excavated

I would be really interested in hearing details on what kind of 'tests' you ran?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

can I quote myself from this thread?
No? Well I'm just gonna post a link then.

Crystal Links

I'm not saying all the information found on that site is true, real, authentic or factual. Just make up your own minds guys.
The same recommendation applies to the video below.

EDIT: fixed video link

[edit on 6.3.08 by toreishi]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Always a good made up story seems to follows ones own creation.As people stated ancient or not.The skulls have drawn attention from followers who believe in this sorta of fairy tale.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It is always amazing to me how a story with no basis can take on such complexity and depth. A warning perhaps to those who find truth in legends!

top topics

join